Dareus Sad!

4 minutes ago, paulbills said:

Whether he was or wasn't motivated and whether he had issues off the field or not our rush defense would have been so much better for the later half of the season if we had just waited to release him or trade him, idec if he played only half the games down the stretch, his contribution and presence gave our defense that piece we needed to help stop the run a lot more consistently. 

Just a quick analysis of how much rushing yards we gave up before and after he was traded:

Jets = 38 Yards rushing.

Panthers = 77 Yards rushing

Broncos = 111 Yards rushing (but we won)

Falcons = 147 Yards rushing (but we won)

Bengals = 65 yards rushing

Tampa Bay = 63 Yards rushing

*DAREUS IS TRADED TO JAX*

Oakland = 54 Yards rushing

Jets = 194 Yards rushing

Saints = 298 Yards rushing

Chargers = 146 Yards rushing

Chiefs = 55 Yards rushing (finally!)

Patriots: 191 Yards rushing 

Colts = 167 Yards rushing (snow game + win)

Dolphins = 100 Yards rushing (win)

Patriots = 193 Yards rushing

Dolphins = 93 Yards rushing (win)

Proof is in the pudding. 

I remember someone sharing a stat of how many times he was on the field,,and it wasn't a lot. 

22 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

As Eric Wood says "Depression is more than just sadness........it's all consuming".   Dareus is pretty lost.  The further he's gotten away from the structure of Saban the less athletic he's got.......and sadly he's just entering his prime age for a high talent DL.

He's still a load to block against the run and that stretch of games where the Bills became the worst defense they've ever fielded was directly related to trading him.  Fact.

But going from "We're going to do this with love" with a bunch of players he knew well back to ice cold Marrone and a bunch of dudes he don't wasn't a particularly good turn of events for him, IMO.    

As for needing a good woman, does Vince Wilfork wife have a sister.:devil:

i agree with this sentiment.

i am sure the guys on the DL were there with open arms to say hi and be nice to this guy.  bills are family.  jags were not.  (more on this at the bottom).  him seeing his friends get beat and lose out on something like Kyle lost out on... i am sure it hurt him a little.  i would bet on it.

and as evidence on wright's instagram i think it was.  players were dancing and having fun before the game for the bills.  they were together, they were happy, they were full of emotion and you could see it in warmups.  we got in very early, about 12 - hour and half before kickoff.   it was noticeable to see the bills warming up.  the energy of just being positive.

the jags looked disinterested and they looked to be just going thru the motion.  bortles looked very good in pregame warmup, not sure if anyone in the booth mentioned it.  he only had one pass of maybe 30 off.  they didn't do much run practice.  but it was then that i realized we would definitely lose. but i just saw so much energy and happiness in the bills warm ups it is a clear testament to the last of talent we have.

5 minutes ago, KW95 said:

I remember someone sharing a stat of how many times he was on the field,,and it wasn't a lot. 

He certainly was not on the field when:

Jets = 194 Yards rushing

Saints = 298 Yards rushing

Chargers = 146 Yards rushing

19 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

If John Paul Getty owned the Bills Dareus would be down an ear but we'd be playing NE this weekend gotdammit!:devil:

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Well, at least we got out 6th round pick!

Most moronic of all the Coach McDermott moronic trades imho.

Fifth round; sort of moronic to criticize and understand full trade and potential upgrade of pick.

And I understand reasoning for Darius to be traded but I was wishing until trade day that light would turn on him and he would again be the player he was before.  And yes I think he liked Buffalo but in offseason he returned to bad habits.

15 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Fifth round; sort of moronic to criticize and understand full trade and potential upgrade of pick.

And I understand reasoning for Darius to be traded but I was wishing until trade day that light would turn on him and he would again be the player he was before.  And yes I think he liked Buffalo but in offseason he returned to bad habits.

It was a sixth round pick until just the past couple of weeks.  You seem a bit overeager to call the other guy moronic.

Dareus will be the Buffalo Bills third highest paid player in 2018 . . . except that he will be playing for another team. 

McBeane could have waited another year to see how he does and decide to keep him or give him away for 5th or 6th round pick next year.

Edited by Peter
  • Like (+1) 1

I think the guy as someone mentioned, bonded with a lot of guys on this team.

He's been through a lot, and I think he deals with depression issues. I don't think how this fan base treated him helped those issues. I don't like that team at all, but I wish Dareus the best. 

28 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Oh pardon him.... A 5th ROUND PICK!!!! 

DID YOU HEAR THAT EVERYONE, IT IS A 5TH ROUND PICK!!!

CRITICISM OF THE TRADE IS NO LONGER VALID BECAUSE WE GOT A 5TH ROUND PICK!!!!

Ffs

47 minutes ago, Peter said:

I would take Dareus back.

I think that a lot of the negative stuff about him being some kind of problem on the team was a narrative some were pushing to justify getting rid of him and the minimal return.

By all reports, his teammates loved him and he loved playing in Buffalo and embraced the city and the people.  He was about to get some community service award when he was traded. Ironically, Dareus played successfully for the guy who I heard use the term "process" in the football context for the first time.  That guy won another national championship yesterday.

Just my two cents.

Bingo, if he wasn't motivated or a team problem he would not have been liked so well in the locker room. Management wanted to win a #issing match, created negative verbage and got nothing in return.

Sometimes you have to read between the lines.

Edited by VADC Bills

Any player that embraces this city, its fans and loves being here and is truly dissapointed to leave this team is the definition of a true Bill!

He really did make a ton of mistakes and let his team down on several occasions, but anyone ever yhink that going through what he went through with family, and how many coordinators and schemes?

We were a bipolar organization, how would that help a player going through some sort of deprrssion.

I would welcome him back, just not under the yetms of his current contract!

3 hours ago, jtothebrown said:

Watched a locker room interview with Marcel after the game and he seemed really sad about beating us. The reporter asked him specifically how he felt and you could hear it in his voice that he was not really excited about beating the Bills.

Its the first time i saw a player that is fresh off of a victory sound so down and discouraged. I expected his reaction to be a lot different.

Would any of you welcome Dareus back minus the huge contract?

Did he even play? Never heard his name once.

Yeah, because if he was actually sad about losing a playoff game, he's the oind of guy we need.

Seriously though, he reportedly told journalists "the Bills will get what they deserve". 

Doesn't sound like a guy in the midst of a lonesome nostalgia attack.

2 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

5th.... Mr. Agenda. Your posts reflect that facts do not matter.

Dear aceman_16,

Oops. I was going by this.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000868200/article/bills-trade-marcell-dareus-to-jaguars-for-draft-pick

The Buffalo Bills traded defensive tackle Marcell Dareus to the Jaguars on Friday. In exchange, the Bills are receiving a 2018 sixth-round pick.

Please pardon my mistake.

Yous truly,

Mr. Agenda

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Dear aceman_16,

Oops. I was going by this.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000868200/article/bills-trade-marcell-dareus-to-jaguars-for-draft-pick

Please pardon my mistake.

Yous truly,

Mr. Agenda

It was a conditional 6th. It became a 5th due to the conditions met. 

The most important thing gained by the Bills in that trade was getting someone to take that absurd contract. The 5th is a bonus. 

Edited by YoloinOhio