What are your Options to upgrade No1 and No2 need

MAJBobby

Need to overhaul the QB position. Let Tyrod go. We saw enough of Peterman to know he’s a practice squad/3rd stringer at best. Joe Webb is on special teams, that should tell you all you need to know about his abilities to step in for a long haul if a starter goes down.

Bring in Bradford, Smith, Cousins, Luck, or whoever AND draft a QB with one of our top 3 picks.

We need a 100+ tackle guy at MLB.

We need the 2nd punch in a 1/2 punch at RB to go with McCoy. Tolbert is not it.

We need depth on the Dline, even more so if Williams retires.

Benjamin will be a solid #1 when we actually get a franchise QB. I’m not too sure if we have a legit #2.

OL - We got dominated up front today.  Dominated.  We found some running room but for the most part were dominated.

DL

QB

Top 3.  I don't want to see Ducasse or Mills again.

I don't want our game plan defensively to have to resort to our linebackers overselling on the run because our line is a liability against the other team's rushing attack and betting on a bad QB missing passes.

NO more Tyrod.  Too timid; doesn't make defenses pay enough.  There were several times today and all season where he could have scrambled like Bortles but he just stood there or checked it down.  He looked to check it down more often than not.

Edited by NewEraBills

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

Can't imagine Smith being available for a low round pick. Not sure he would even be available at all. He's got 1 year left on his contract, I'm guessing KC keeps him and gives Mahomes more time to develop.

Yea, I don't get this one.  KC gave up a 2nd for him what, 8 years ago??? Why would he still be worth a 2nd??  

It's impossible to say we need a new OC when TT could not execute the offense.  Romo showed a number of times open WRs whom TT simply couldn't find.  

I say keep the OC for some consistency.  We need that as much as anything.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LEBills said:

Let’s not waste 18 million on a scrub QB. Ours nor Minnesota’s. Draft one in the first to be our starter and use the 18 million along with the rest of our cap space on some young FAs for the defense and OLine. 

No. Don't ruin a newly drafted QB by throwing him to the wolves. Draft QB, grab Alex Smith for a bridge. Smith would do well in this scheme. 

23 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Boy MAJ, don't Romo make it sound so easy? He sees where to go with the ball pre snap and diagnoses options

Romo is rapidly becoming my favorite announcer. He really makes it interesting and immediately sees where the ball should go.   

I’m hoping McCarron becomes a UFA, he could be a decent fit here in this offense. Bridgewater or Keenum are also options. I wouldn’t trade picks for a guy like Smith, he’s too old. Unless it was less than a 3rd, and it won’t be. 

Edited by Dkollidas

4 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

No. Don't ruin a newly drafted QB by throwing him to the wolves. Draft QB, grab Alex Smith for a bridge. Smith would do well in this scheme. 

Romo is rapidly becoming my favorite announcer. He really makes it interesting and immediately sees where the ball should go.   

Good QBs don’t get ruined by playing too early imo. Rather put a great team around a rookie starter than go into the season with an average team led by Alex Smith.

Use 21 on:

Mayfield, Allen or Rudolph.

>Use 22 on: best DT or LB

>Also consider FA QB

>FIRE Dennison  & Crossman tomorrow 

>Find yourself a dynamic young OC

>Use the rest of the draft to shore up trenches on both sides.

>Obviously part ways with TT

>Send someone to NY to find out what Al Riverons problem is?

Edited by LABILLBACKER

8 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

I really like Romo as an announcer too.

2 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Good QBs don’t get ruined by playing too early imo. Rather put a great team around a rookie starter than go into the season with an average team led by Alex Smith.

I disagree. This team can win now. Groom a young guy and win with a solid QB like Smith.

It would help if a QB had talent at WR to throw to that  actually could catch the ball,

stay on the field and not commit Offensive Penalties.

The Bills best WRs were in LA Saturday named Woods and Watkins-10 catches l65 yards

2 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

I disagree. This team can win now. Groom a young guy and win with a solid QB like Smith.

This team was outscored by 57 points during the season. Our OLine is going to be a year older, our WRs are Kelvin Benjamin and then not much, our DLine was not good against the run statistically and couldn’t generate much pressure. Our LB group was a hodgepodge of players that will mostly be FAs. 

Our TEs and secondary were pretty good.

Im so grateful we made the playoffs and want to go further next year. But looking at our team, we need a lot more talent overall - not just a slight upgrade at QB - if we are going to take that next step. Get a rookie QB on a cheap contract in the 1st and then use the extra cap space and draft picks to upgrade talent everywhere.

11 minutes ago, LEBills said:

This team was outscored by 57 points during the season. Our OLine is going to be a year older, our WRs are Kelvin Benjamin and then not much, our DLine was not good against the run statistically and couldn’t generate much pressure. Our LB group was a hodgepodge of players that will mostly be FAs. 

Im so grateful we made the playoffs and want to go further next year. But looking at our team, we need a lot more talent overall - not just a slight upgrade at QB - if we are going to take that next step. Get a rookie QB on a cheap contract in the 1st and then use the extra cap space and draft picks to upgrade talent everywhere.

I get what you're saying I just think we can reinforce our weaknesses and still win with a a solid QB like Smith while grooming our future QB. 

41 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So we cant win with a Rookie?  Ooo how many playoff games has alex smith won

You might win with a special rookie. But where we're going to draft we're not likely going to get a special rookie. Why risk starting from zero with a project. We're better off grooming somebody. If KC could play a lick of defense they should have won yesterday.

2 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

You might win with a special rookie. But where we're going to draft we're not likely going to get a special rookie. Why risk starting from zero with a project. We're better off grooming somebody. If KC could play a lick of defense they should have won yesterday.

No to Alex Smith. Already lived through a QB that doesnt throw to WRs

3 hours ago, LA Grant said:

Well, a new OC would be lovely. I don't think Dennison did a good job with our offense at all this year -- a fairly big regression from the previous two seasons, due in part to a scheme that didn't match our players.

Talent, I think our biggest needs are

QB

OL

DL

RB

Secondary is set. Receivers are good, need a speedster. LBs are good, need a younger & quicker guy on the outside (maybe move Shaq Lawson to OLB?). 

The wr's are good? Dear god,outside of Chicago,Cleveland and the depleted Giants crew (injuries)..we have a skeleton group.

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

No to Alex Smith. Already lived through a QB that doesnt throw to WRs

Yes Alex Smith, has a faster delivery than Tom Brady and knows how to throw with anticipation particularly in the short to medium game. He'd be the perfect bridge quarterback.

3 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Yes Alex Smith, has a faster delivery than Tom Brady and knows how to throw with anticipation particularly in the short to medium game. He'd be the perfect bridge quarterback.

Not giving ANYTHING for Alex Smith in terms of compensation 

1 hour ago, LEBills said:

I am so tired of that stat..."outscored by 57". We were outscored by 67 over a 2 week span where games got way out of hand (Saints & Chargers.). Those 2 games we played the hottest team in the NFL at the time and started a 5th round rookie against an insane pass rush. The other 14 games we would be +10. Misleading stats are misleading.

3 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

Agree with those, but don’t know if I want a Minny QB.

Bradford is overrated and Keenum I’m not sold on yet 

Agree on Bradford and I’ll be surprised if Keenum is available. Could be in the SB this year. I would not be opposed to Keenum while we groom a rookie.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Give Tony Romo a Jim Gruden deal as our QB coach LOL

Ok, not really, but he'd be great to have help develop a young QB. 

I wouldn't be against getting a QB from Minnesota as long as we draft one to develop behind them too. And I'm fine with our OC for now. 

There were Plays to be made from our QB position today with this receiving Corp. against a good pass D.

I agree on keeping OC unless someone far superior is available.

3 hours ago, LEBills said:

Let’s not waste 18 million on a scrub QB. Ours nor Minnesota’s. Draft one in the first to be our starter and use the 18 million along with the rest of our cap space on some young FAs for the defense and OLine. 

And watch half this board lose their mind at the losing season that might ensue ?

For sure QB is the #1 need...

The Bills will need a better vet to fill in next year for TT...There will be plenty of options...Look at what the Jets got out of Josh McCown, and the Vikes got out of Keenum...This is 100% do-able...Today's game proved all the Bills need is a QB that can make a couple big throws, even against a great (and that J-Ville D is great) D to win a Playoff game...It also proved you don't have to be as good a scrambler as TT to be a VERY effective running QB when it counts...

Then they need to Draft one for the future...High...

As for the 2nd need I see it kind of a toss-up between O-Line, WR, and D-line (one DT and one DE)...I'd lean towards RT as the 2nd biggest need...Unless they want to move a healthy (BIG assumption) Cordy Glenn there...

They have secondary needs at LB and back-up RB...

They have the picks to fill these holes, and they'll probably sign at least one Hyde-like, and one Poyer-like UFA...

I think the Bills are in a VERY enviable position now...And it does not make me feel great to say they need to move on from Tyrod...I really respect that guy...But to take the next step, if that's what they want to do (and from all accounts they want to win now while building for the future), then they are going to HAVE to do better than TT at QB...Period...B-)

33 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Romo is great in the booth and would be an asset on any coaching staff. I just don’t get why he’s always talking up TT as a productive football player. 

He seems like to be noce in terms of oberall to all qbs in general

a not too distant 3rd would be KR/PR. Is there a more lackluster returner in the league than Tate? I was hoping to see Marcus Murphy back there today. I know it'd be a risk and that's not really McD's style, but the dude was an electric returner in college and also brought one back to the house against the Panthers, right in front of McD!! I thought that may be a part of the reason they acquired him.  When you're a big underdog, you need to take that chance. Tate is like the ST's version of Tolbert.  One big ST play could be the difference in a defensive struggle. Ahhh oh well.