Moving on from TT

chef4131

4 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

I'm not saying the mentor is going to physically teach a rookie how to play.  What I am saying a rookie is going to watch how the mentor plays and pick up on things they do well and not so well.  I believe that is one of the best ways to learn the qb position is to just sit and watch someone who knows what they are doing.

Fair point but I also don't think pro-football players are that impressionable. I don't have an issue moving on from Tyrod but either upgrade at the QB significantly or draft a rookie and have Tyrod be the place holder. I think a player like Alex Smith who you would have to give up at least a 2nd round pick and is due 18 million dollars isn't worth the price. 

I think peoples overestimations of Smith's value are based on the fact that he is on another team that has had success. Not realizing just how limited at time he was in KC and was playing in a similar conservative style that Tyrod also plays. I guarantee you if this team trades for Smith all the complaints about Tyrod (Check downs, missing receivers, playing too conservative, running too much) will be said about Smith and it will cost the team cap space and a premium pick to pay for that type of play. 

Edited by billsfan89
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Just to clarify, you're saying Alex Smith is a significant upgrade from TT?  If so, I agree.

LOL yes.  Alex Smith (among others not even named) would be much more of an upgrade than the word MARGINAL.

I gave TT all the chances in the world to show he can be a successful QB in this league.

I'm done.

I will bring up one point not mentioned much.

All during the 4th quarter today, I watched TT stand in the pocket/huddle area, between plays/start of drives/TO's and say NOTHING to his teammates.

A QB has to be a leader on the field.  TT stands around looking disinterested.

I know all about having a composed/controlled QB, but the 4th quarter of a playoff game.  Bye bye.

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

Fair point but I also don't think pro-football players are that impressionable. I don't have an issue moving on from Tyrod but either upgrade at the QB significantly or draft a rookie and have Tyrod be the place holder. 

Fair enough I respect your opinion.  I would just rather find a true pocket passer.

10 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I'd say Smith is at best a marginal upgrade. Compare Smith numbers his first 4 years with KC to Tyrod's three years here in Buffalo, they are pretty similar. KC's defense has been way more consistent that's why they made the playoffs. It was only this past year in Alex Smith's 5th season in the same offensive system with 3 dynamic weapons (Hill, Kelce, and now Hunt) and a solid offensive line that he had even a good season. I am not saying Tyrod is that good but just that Smith isn't that much better. 

I disagree. Smith is a lot better. Tyrod's numbers are deceiving.  Smith is smarter. More like a QB. Not necessarily a savior or anything. 

4 minutes ago, Chadwick Bay Chad said:

My source tells me, Taylor will be traded or released and we will be trading for Alex Smith 

Youre still playing this game huh? Sad

1 minute ago, Chadwick Bay Chad said:

We will trade a third , fifth and Hughes for Smith 

No, we won’t 

Tyrod is an excellent athlete and has shown a lot of class over the years. I wish him well but Buffalo does need to move on from Tyrod now. Too many times he's had the opportunity for a late come from behind drive for the win and failed.