Moving on from TT

chef4131

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Where has he said he doesnt want to play in Buf or Cle

Maybe my bad but didn't he say he didn't want to go to Cleveland. Or was I just making a logical assumption (who would?). Regardless why wouldn't the Giants keep the pick and take him. Eli's not for long and might be gone this offseason. And you've got to know that Rosen would love the Big Apple. 

1 minute ago, starrymessenger said:

Maybe my bad but didn't he say he didn't want to go to Cleveland. Or was I just making a logical assumption (who would?). Regardless why wouldn't the Giants keep the pick and take him. Eli's not for long and might be gone this offseason. And you've got to know that Rosen would love the Big Apple. 

Owner LOVES Eli. 

So maybe get Eli a OL and Glenn as part of the trade package fixes their LT SPOT. then get two picks in first and more can still get your QB of future to develop behind Eli

9 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

If he doesn't want to play in Cleveland he might not want to play in Blo either. He wants NY and I think NY wants him.

More difinitive draft statements in Jan. Lol

1 minute ago, John from Hemet said:

This is a team on the rise that just made the playoffs....why would he not want to play in Buffalo

Well with all the picks the Browns should get better too pretty soon. Rosen is said to be an elitist  type of guy (not blue collar). And in fact he has said he doesn't want to play in Cleveland. Wouldn't surprise me if Buff and Cleveland pretty much look the same to a  Southern Cali guy. I suspect he'd like NY tho, and I'm sure the Giants are giving him a lot of thought. He's the best passer in the draft and he's good to go. 

1 minute ago, starrymessenger said:

Well with all the picks the Browns should get better too pretty soon. Rosen is said to be an elitist  type of guy (not blue collar). And in fact he has said he doesn't want to play in Cleveland. Wouldn't surprise me if Buff and Cleveland pretty much look the same to a  Southern Cali guy. I suspect he'd like NY tho, and I'm sure the Giants are giving him a lot of thought. He's the best passer in the draft and he's good to go. 

Starry come on man

Cleveland - Hasnt won a game in 2 years

Buffalo 9-7 and just made the playoffs

1 minute ago, John from Hemet said:

Starry come on man

Cleveland - Hasnt won a game in 2 years

Buffalo 9-7 and just made the playoffs

With him what I'm saying is that it might not be about the team, but more about the city where he plays and lives for the next likely 5 years. The G-men and other teams are actually concerned about his committment to football. 

4 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

I don't hate Taylor..but he is what he is...an average to slightly below average starting QB. Can you win some games with him...maybe a playoff game? Sure, but to be a true superbowl contender, you need better.  I'll take any new guys because I know what I have now is not good enough.

But the real problem is that when you are down 7 and you must drive the field to tie the game on the road in the final five minutes, he's not anywhere near average.  He's not even in the top 30.   You simply can not have a QB who is only competent when everything is going well but has zero ability to elevate his team.

Nice guy and I wish him well, but don't ever want to see him in a Bills uniform again.  The highlight of the offseason will be the day they announce he's been cut or traded.

Rosen and Darnold are the only two franchise type quarterbacks in this draft in my opinion. They fit in any system and while they have some flaws, the huge potential is there. Neither should start right away as they are both just 20 years old, though I do think Rosen could start right away. I think Josh Allen has this potential as he has all of the tools, but he needs a lot of work. Without development he could just be Blake Bortles. I put Drew Lock in this category as well. 

Baker Mayfield and Lamar Jackson are really hard to place. They are both awesome college quarterbacks who don't fit a traditional quarterback type. I think you can win with them if you build an offense around them. They are awful fits for our WCO, just like Tyrod. I don't think Beane touches either of these guys personally. Jackson is also just 20 years old. I think they can be good, but you are placing your future on their shoulders and I really think McDermott and Beane are way too conservative for that. 

After that there are two guys who could be successful early but are probably system quarterbacks Mason Rudolph and Luke Falk. I think they are both good fits for our system but I'm not sold on their physical talent. They may just be slightly better Nathan Petermans or Trevor Siemians, or they could be the next Tom Brady. 

Then the next tier are guys like Ferguson, White, Stidham, Finley etc. Basically total crapshoots.

Therefore think the quarterback next year is a veteran like Smith. I do not think it is Tyrod. I think we try to trade up for Rosen or Darnold. If we can't get them maybe Allen at 21 or 22. If not I think they draft someone like Falk or Rudolph later. I think the QB decision really depends on what we do at offensive coordinator. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown