Who should replace Gruden on MNF?

YoloinOhio

53 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Think Rex Ryan gets the job. He has called a MNF game... Currently works for ESPN... Has had a year of experience (unlike Manning)... And I think that ESPN will want to keep a coach in there. If not Rex maybe Louis Riddick...he is being talked about as a potential star

I just hope it's not a woman that gets the job just because she is a Female. I strongly believe that a color commentator who gives anaylsis should be a coach or former player. 

Oh, Gawd, not Sexy Rexy.  I'd rather have what's-her-name - Wilfork's wife, Bianca Wilfork.  Tom Brady says she really knows what she's talking about with football :D

I'm fine with the belief that a commentator on pro games should be a former pro coach or player, but it's kind of a double standard, don't you think?

Which of these guys are all pro coaches or players?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_National_Football_League_broadcasters

It's a bit of a double standard.  That's the trouble, really, it's a double standard with or without the "former pro player or coach" qualification.   For guys they want him to be entertaining and know his stuff - if he looks like a fat tub of goo (ie Rex) it's no problem.  For a chick, they want her to be smokin' pipin' hot as a prerequisite.  If she knows sh** about football or not is 100% subordinate to whether she looks like Cary Underwood.

Plenty of chicks know their football as well or better than some of the dufuses currently in the booth

15 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Who was that female that we had for that one game? 

Yea, literally anyone but her.

Beth Mowins. Nothing against her but she did MAC Football for so long I feel like I’m watching Central Michigan vs Miami of Ohio at noon on a Saturday on ESPN2 when she’s on.

• Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Manther said:

I liked Miller on MNF.

I liked his rants but it was over the top for way too many on MNF.. I don't know if he still has any game left but I did enjoy some of it.. OSme of it was forced in the moment and idn't work as well as it did with a script

44 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'd watch if it were Romo.  I love me some Tony-boy.

Ya, he would be solid!!

Just now, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Romo would be awesome.

Wonder if Rodney Harrison will want it

Don't want anyone to do with the Pats*.  Willie McGinest drives me nuts on the NFL network.  So biased!!!  Ridiculously biased.

1 minute ago, Manther said:

Ya, he would be solid!!

Don't want anyone to do with the Pats*.  Willie McGinest drives me nuts on the NFL network.  So biased!!!  Ridiculously biased.

I wouldn't want him either but he seems like he has a big enough ego that he will try and push for it

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

We can all pray that this is the job opening that Tom Brady has been waiting for.  Come on Tommy....pull the trigger!

I really would prefer Brady exit the game on a low note with a few consecutive thrashings from an up and coming Bills team

Edited by ddaryl

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Beth Mowins. Nothing against her but she did MAC Football for so long I feel like I’m watching Central Michigan vs Miami of Ohio at noon on a Saturday on ESPN2 when she’s on.

That's right. Her name slipped me. Her voice is just...no. I don't even know if she was on point with what she was saying. Couldn't focus on the words. 

Maybe they can just hire one of the awesome commentators from ESPN the Ocho.

3 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

I really would prefer Brady exit the game on a low note with a few consecutive thrashings from an up and coming Bills team

Doesn't have to be a few for me. Just one next weekend.