Who should replace Gruden on MNF?

YoloinOhio

Romo

But he was getting a little sloppy at the end of the season clowning around too much.........needs to stay grounded.

Gruden was much too apologetic for teams/coaches.

Can't get any better than having a QB in the booth that never saw a receiver he didn't think he could throw open saying "THROW IT, THROW IT"!:lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Think Rex Ryan gets the job. He has called a MNF game... Currently works for ESPN... Has had a year of experience (unlike Manning)... And I think that ESPN will want to keep a coach in there. If not Rex maybe Louis Riddick...he is being talked about as a potential star

I just hope it's not a woman that gets the job just because she is a Female. I strongly believe that a color commentator who gives anaylsis should be a coach or former player. 

Edited by Kmart128
  • Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Frank Caliendo. He can be Madden, Gruden, or any other number of characters throughout the broadcast.

I know they probably wouldn't after the flack for Dennis Miller and Kornheiser, but I think Caliendo could work great if you got the right play by play and color guy with him, although 3 man booths are tough to pull off.

I absolutely think there's a ton of room to improve how broadcasts are done and there shouldn't be as much fear of "entertainment" as currently exists.  CBS finally got Simms out of there, but so many color guys don't give a ton of insight, either I want a Collinsworth breaking it down at a level above the average fan or I want to be entertained.