Lamar Jackson Declares for the 2018 NFL Draft

26CornerBlitz

If he is available I have no issue grabbing him with one of our first rounders....my guess is he goes top 15 after putting up gaudy numbers at the combine...teams just cant look away from that kind of athletic ability....I think he definitely improved his accuracy this year...his bowl game was a bit disappointing with a a couple turnovers but her showed how dynamic of a threat he is in the open field.

If he's available when we get on the clock I take him in a heartbeat.  His passing stats aren't all that different than everyone's surefire prospects in Darnold and Rosen and that's not including the athletic ability to run for 3,000 yards the last two years.  Honestly I think there's a little "Deshaun Watson" microscope on his game, he's been under a massive spotlight for a year and a half to the point people just pick out his warts.  I feel better about him than Mayfield, to say the least.

16 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

If he's available when we get on the clock I take him in a heartbeat.  His passing stats aren't all that different than everyone's surefire prospects in Darnold and Rosen and that's not including the athletic ability to run for 3,000 yards the last two years.  Honestly I think there's a little "Deshaun Watson" microscope on his game, he's been under a massive spotlight for a year and a half to the point people just pick out his warts.  I feel better about him than Mayfield, to say the least.

He just does not fit the Bills desired philosophy of a west coast, pocket passing and ball control offense.  To me he looks like an unproven copy of Tyrod Taylor.  Why would you want him when Tyrod is not successful?

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

He just does not fit the Bills desired philosophy of a west coast, pocket passing and ball control offense.  To me he looks like an unproven copy of Tyrod Taylor.  Why would you want him when Tyrod is not successful?

I think his ceiling is higher than Tyrod's if he reaches it, but I doubt he is top five of qbs Bills would be looking at.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

Related but unrelated, I'm surprised McDermott wants to be so ball controlled, west coast after spending almost his entire career around Cam and Donovan McNabb.

1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Related but unrelated, I'm surprised McDermott wants to be so ball controlled, west coast after spending almost his entire career around Cam and Donovan McNabb.

I think he buys into the philosophy that trenches win and so ball control passing game. Strong running game.  Tough as nails defense.  To me, that's the vision.

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Other than being the same Color, Jackson and Taylor are nothing alike. 

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Who's your favorite prospect?

My favorite prospect is Darnold. However I also think he should have stayed another year.

Who I think the best prospect is, I’m not really sure yet. I have a lot of YouTube videos to watch....

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

His best situation will be going somewhere he doesnt have to start right away with a top end QB coach

3 years learning behind Tyrod in Buffalo should do the trick.:thumbsup:

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Jackson is intriguing........he is really raw but for those that really didn't see him much this season.......he puts some big boy throws on tape.  

Not just the arm strength stuff........but some of those passes that great QB's throw over and around DB's in just the right spot where they know they can't defend it.

Hasn't had to do it that much in college but he's shown that he can and somebody is liable to see those and say he's got a higher upside than Watson.........and then how do you pass on that?

Maybe he flames out and is a bust but the upside is crazy with that guy.

10 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

3 years learning behind Tyrod in Buffalo should do the trick.:thumbsup:

Jackson is intriguing........he is really raw but for those that really didn't see him much this season.......he puts some big boy throws on tape.  

Not just the arm strength stuff........but some of those passes that great QB's throw over and around DB's in just the right spot where they know they can't defend it.

Hasn't had to do it that much in college but he's shown that he can and somebody is liable to see those and say he's got a higher upside than Watson.........and then how do you pass on that?

Maybe he flames out and is a bust but the upside is crazy with that guy.

The Ravens would be wise to take him.  They drafted Tyrod under similar circumstances and LJ is a similar - but much better - player.  Flacco will be phased out over the next 1-2 years and then LJ can step in and dominate.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.