Maybe offer TT a new deal.... at our price

11 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Will it really be that hard to replace a QB that passed for 2,799 and 14TD's. Taylor needs to be gone after this year.

with average qb play this year, we wouldn't have needed a miracle to get in. we could have easily been 10-6 or 11-5.

it's not like tt was a 4th qtr. hero.

11 hours ago, White Linen said:

He would take that deal in less than 10 seconds.  

then trade him, glen and a 2nd for a.j. mc carron. qb position solved and have almost all our picks.

11 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I don't think TT takes another pay cut.  I'm not a TT fan at all, but he's better than a lot of the league.  If I'm the Jets, and don't get my QB of the future, I'd pay TT.  The Cards, Broncos, Browns,  come to mind.  If not a starter, every team other than the Bills could use a good backup at $10-12M/year.  Either way, TT makes more money next year than this, but not here, and likely not as a starter.

speaking of the broncos...tt, glenn and both 1sts for no. 5?......just looking for affordable way to move up. i am absolutely against selling the farm.

Edited by billsredneck1

10 hours ago, Stenbar said:

I like the fact he does not throw many interceptions, I do not like the 3rd down and over 7 where he seems to checkdown underneath the 1st down to make, and I do not like when it is 3rd down and short and he goes to the deep pattern way to often.  That is so frustrating to watch.  I think they will go after Kirk Cousins and release or trade Tyrod after.  If Cousins is not signed I would expect to move up to get a qb.  On a side note watch the Patriots deal their 2nd rd pick from the niners and their first round to move up to the mid first to draft a QB.

yep and pick one right before our pick.

Edited by billsredneck1

We know they like to build through the draft. Well have our answer in FA. If we keep tyrod chances are well draft a qb high. If we release tyrod and bring in a cheap back up thats clearly not a starter, well draft a qb high. If they bring in an alex smith, eli manning, or one of the vikings qbs in fa, then well keep our picks and build the rest of the team. At this point im gonna say Tyrod is better than Bridgwater but TB will probobly be cheaper, rather just draft a QB in the 1st round, instead of dropping a bag for a top FA QB, when we need to bring in a top DT, LB, and DE in FA too.

14 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

We know they like to build through the draft. Well have our answer in FA. If we keep tyrod chances are well draft a qb high. If we release tyrod and bring in a cheap back up thats clearly not a starter, well draft a qb high. If they bring in an alex smith, eli manning, or one of the vikings qbs in fa, then well keep our picks and build the rest of the team. At this point im gonna say Tyrod is better than Bridgwater but TB will probobly be cheaper, rather just draft a QB in the 1st round, instead of dropping a bag for a top FA QB, when we need to bring in a top DT, LB, and DE in FA too.

i would bet they let bradford go and keep tb and keenum.

• Like (+1) 1

You can't let emotion cloud your evaluation.  It's possible for a team to achieve a good result but still have areas that must be changed/upgraded.  Instead, we should be thankful that we made it to the playoffs with such limited quarterback play but not be content just bc we made the playoffs. If I drive my car across country with a belt that's about to snap but make it  despite having a bad belt, does that mean I should keep the belt ? 

Edited by Finkle Is Einhorn
  • Haha (+1) 1

This reminds me of the guy at work who !@#$s the dog all year round but then the few weeks leading up to a performance review they put in the extra effort.  At that point you have already made your bed and those few weeks don't undo the previous year.  

11 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I think we need one on the effect/affect (we can argue that too!) Eric Wood's snaps have on Tyrod's game.

Yes.  We havent fully explored Tyrod's performance in white vs blue vs color rush jerseys yet either.  SO MUCH TO TALK ABOUT!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, twoandfourteen said:

Why? You don't think that with a full year of NFL offseason, that Peterman (or any 2nd-year QB for that matter) won't be better? 

I dont. Not at all. Ill go on a ledge and say he wont be better than tyrod for years, if he ever does.

And Thats a big if.

1 hour ago, billsredneck1 said:

i would bet they let bradford go and keep tb and keenum.

Agree. Jus speculating.

7 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

In most off-seasons TT might have decent trade value. Like a third round pick. But way too many QBs coming out this year combined with Cousins, Keenum/Bradford/Bridgewater and Alex Smith are going to dilute the market. 

The problem with all this is 2 of those qbs might be going back to school.

I personally do not mind heading in another direction....but they better be aggressive about whatever move they make because other teams also have the need.

1 minute ago, John from Hemet said:

The problem with all this is 2 of those qbs might be going back to school.

Which ones? Rosen and Darnold both declared yesterday. Mayfield is a senior so he is coming out. I believe Allen declared. Only one still up in the air is Jackson. 

If we make a move I'd kind of like to go with Alex Smith. I don't think we will have enough fire power to get one of the top three QBs. Of all the veteran QBs I think I like Smith the most. Similar to Taylor but still more of a QB.

17 hours ago, Franchiseneedsme said:

SO I like Tyrod. Problem is he is severely limited, but he also has his strengths. Last year he signed a team friendly deal after finding out the rest of the league doesn't view him as a starter. I would love TT for like $9M a season, not $18m-$20m. Would TT sign a 3 year deal worth $27m?  Guarantee half of it, and I think he might take it. He doesn't seem to be a money chaser, this is undoubtedly his best spot to play, and the fans would love him for signing that deal. Also we would be in great position to build a great team around him. 

I know it is very unconventional but this year could be the perfect storm for us to use leverage. Flame away. But I like TT for a discounted rate, If it takes market value to sign him he isn't worth it.

"Our price"? "Our" who?

Are you suffering from delusions of being co-owner of the Bills?

Is this the voice of the powerful front office figure that speaks in your head expressing itself?

"Our price"???

Our turnovers on Defense is what has kept this team alive and covered up allot of our deficiencies on both sides of the ball. We still need a QB that can create their own offense and consistently move up and down the field. We can't have a guy throw for 65 yards in a game and be ok with that. This team is allot closer than anyone could imagine. We just need a few playmakers to put us over the top.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, nuklz2594 said:

the problem is both tt and dennison.  square pegs trying to fit in round holes.  i really do not have any idea what kind of offense we are trying to run.  the thing is...dennison knew what kind of qb he was stuck with, and instead of working to tt's strength...i got nuthin.

This

17 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Picking too low to draft one and without an answer for next year 

This is what scares me the most heading into next year.  Our draft position has us most certainly missing out on pretty much on all the top tier QB's coming out, and to move up from our current position into the top 5 I fear would cost "the farm". Both 1st's, a 2nd, and probably next year's 1st as well.  And if we break the bank to sign Cousins, that leaves us with not much to sign a DT, or LB, or OT, or whatever other positions we need to shore up that we weren't able to via the draft.  

I'm ready to part ways with Tyrod.  He is maddeningly frustrating to watch at times, and I just feel like it's time to move on.  I'm still not ready to give up on Peterman as our possible starting QB one day, but we definitely need a veteran presence to hold the fort together until we find "our guy".

If at the right price, I do think Taylor provides the ideal mentor qualities to pass on: protect the football, be a leader, work hard, be humble.

In addition, let's say the rookie we draft surpasses him and earns the starting role at some point - is Taylor not a top-notch wildcat/backup/trick-play QB who could still be used somewhat regularly in the offense?

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks
  • Like (+1) 1