Maybe offer TT a new deal.... at our price

SO I like Tyrod. Problem is he is severely limited, but he also has his strengths. Last year he signed a team friendly deal after finding out the rest of the league doesn't view him as a starter. I would love TT for like $9M a season, not $18m-$20m. Would TT sign a 3 year deal worth $27m?  Guarantee half of it, and I think he might take it. He doesn't seem to be a money chaser, this is undoubtedly his best spot to play, and the fans would love him for signing that deal. Also we would be in great position to build a great team around him. 

I know it is very unconventional but this year could be the perfect storm for us to use leverage. Flame away. But I like TT for a discounted rate, If it takes market value to sign him he isn't worth it.

3 minutes ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

He's not that limited ... first QB to take us to the playoffs since Flutie.  Draft one or two or three, but keep Tyrod another year as well.  

He is VERY limited and Andy Dalton getting us into the playoffs should have ZERO bearing on a TT evaluation 

• Like (+1) 5

11 minutes ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

He's not that limited ... first QB to take us to the playoffs since Flutie.  Draft one or two or three, but keep Tyrod another year as well.  

I can appreciate Taylor's contribution to getting us in, but moving on is the only option barring a deep playoff run. Only then will there be consideration. I think the turnovers we forced contributed as much if not more than Taylor

Just now, NoSaint said:

Why does he take less to stay?

coach that benched him

thinks race is a factor

poor scheme fit

not great receiver talent 

id venture he could find a better fit if we lowball him drastically 

I don't remember Taylor mentioning race, did he? I remember Richard Sherman saying that, not Taylor.

5 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Why does he take less to stay?

coach that benched him

thinks race is a factor

poor scheme fit

not great receiver talent 

id venture he could find a better fit if we lowball him drastically 

Same things said this time last offseason and boom came back with a paycut 

1 minute ago, White Linen said:

He would take that deal in less than 10 seconds.  

Hes already essentially the lowest paid starter in the league not on a rookie deal - I’m not sure he’s jumping to take a 20% pay cut from there. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Did this past offseason didnt he??

Clearly he will do it EVERY offseason. 

Also in that list- how many people were arguing he had poor history with our brand new coach, for instance? You are doing that thing you like to do (especially with Tyrod) where you overstate things because you believe them not because they are factual.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

Clearly he will do it EVERY offseason. 

Also in that list- how many people were arguing he had poor history with our brand new coach, for instance? You are doing that thing you like to do (especially with Tyrod) where you overstate things because you believe them not because they are factual.

Did he not take a paycut to come back here instead of going into a weak QB UFA Market? 

Is this not a much much stronger UFA market coming up along with a strong draft?

otherwise no leverage

Edited by MAJBobby