Maybe offer TT a new deal.... at our price

8 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Will it really be that hard to replace a QB that passed for 2,799 and 14TD's. Taylor needs to be gone after this year.

That's why you give him a deal worth UP to 18 million but in reality only 8 of it is guaranteed. If we make the playoffs again, if he starts 75% of our games, if he passes a certain amount of TDs, etc. I'd essentially give Tyrod a prove it deal.

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

That's why you give him a deal worth UP to 18 million but in reality only 8 of it is guaranteed. If we make the playoffs again, if he starts 75% of our games, if he passes a certain amount of TDs, etc. I'd essentially give Tyrod a prove it deal.

Last two years he has been on a Prove it deal. 

So i ask, Has he Proven it?

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Did he not take a paycut to come back here instead of going into a weak QB UFA Market? 

Is this not a much much stronger UFA market coming up along with a strong draft?

otherwise no leverage

How many paycuts and benching do you think he takes before he says “I could be the lowest paid qb in the league plenty of places” and has his agent call Jacksonville?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Last two years he has been on a Prove it deal. 

So i ask, Has he Proven it?

A bird in the hand is better than a bird in the bush. Taylor loves Buffalo and the players love him. I think he would love a heavily incentive based deal. Nobody would care if we paid him 18 if he was our starter and we make the playoffs again.

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

How many paycuts and benching do you think he takes before he says “I could be the lowest paid qb in the league plenty of places” and has his agent call Jacksonville?

Fine i am sure his agent called 31 teams last offseason and boom paycut and prove it deal signed 

A bird in the hand is better than a bird in the bush. Taylor loves Buffalo and the players love him. I think he would love a heavily incentive based deal. Nobody would care if we paid him 18 if he was our starter and we make the playoffs again.

Does it take another Andy Dalton miracle play?

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Fine i am sure his agent called 31 teams last offseason and boom paycut and prove it deal signed 

If it doesn't happen again, we don't pay him. No risk to us at all. I don't think people realize how popular Tyrod is in the locker room.

20 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

That's about how much top backups make.

That's right and that's how he'll be paid.  I don't think he's going to be given the starting job anywhere.  He may be able to compete for it in a couple places but that's about it.  He's not getting huge money in the open market if we cut him.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

And I wasn’t totally shocked last season.

i would be surprised this season.

How low do you think we can go before he walks? Maybe that’s a more productive way to frame this discussion 

If it doesn't happen again, we don't pay him. No risk to us at all. I don't think people realize how popular Tyrod is in the locker room.

I dont care how popular he is in the locker room. Means nothing to me for the on field product

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

And I wasn’t totally shocked last season.

i would be surprised this season.

How low do you think we can go before he walks? Maybe that’s a more productive way to frame this discussion 

Then he walks. The reality is he is a flawed QB that has led one of the worst passing offenses over the past three years. 

Just now, White Linen said:

That's right and that's how he'll be paid.  I don't think he's going to be given the starting job anywhere.  He may be able to compete for it in a couple places but that's about it.  He's not getting huge money in the open market if we cut him.  

You don’t think a team like Jax would be interested? Picking too low to draft one and without an answer for next year 

I dont care how popular he is in the locker room. Means nothing to me for the on field product

Sure it does, team chemistry is important. Tyrod may not be an ideal starter but he is easily the top backups QB on the market, 12 is what he'll get minimum. Once again, include incentives so he can earn more, if he doesn't reach those incentives we don't pay him.

Then he walks. The reality is he is a flawed QB that has led one of the worst passing offenses over the past three years. 

My man. I’m trying to re-engage you in productive talk instead of you going off the rails on a Tyrod rant like you have in the past.

my question wasn’t what if we are too low. It’s how low you think he accepts since you are absolutely positive he will take a drastic pay cut 

I don't think TT takes another pay cut.  I'm not a TT fan at all, but he's better than a lot of the league.  If I'm the Jets, and don't get my QB of the future, I'd pay TT.  The Cards, Broncos, Browns,  come to mind.  If not a starter, every team other than the Bills could use a good backup at $10-12M/year.  Either way, TT makes more money next year than this, but not here, and likely not as a starter.

11 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

You don’t think a team like Jax would be interested? Picking too low to draft one and without an answer for next year 

I don't and they're not paying him $20-24 million.  I think he's going to find a starting gig very difficult to come by next year.  

Blake Bortles is responsible for 783 more yards, 5 more TD's and 9 more int's.  He's not that big of an upgrade - they won't come running to him.

I really think you're underestimating how big a problem throwing for 2,799 yards in 15 games is.

Edited by White Linen

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

My man. I’m trying to re-engage you in productive talk instead of you going off the rails on a Tyrod rant like you have in the past.

my question wasn’t what if we are too low. It’s how low you think he accepts since you are absolutely positive he will take a drastic pay cut 

3 years 36M 12M guaranteed

yr 1 fully guaranteed (12M salery)

yr 2 guarantee 6M start of camp 6M non guaranteed 

yr 3 12M non guaranteed 

That kills the dead money on release so you truly have a pay as you go

6 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I don't think TT takes another pay cut.  I'm not a TT fan at all, but he's better than a lot of the league.  If I'm the Jets, and don't get my QB of the future, I'd pay TT.  The Cards, Broncos, Browns,  come to mind.  If not a starter, every team other than the Bills could use a good backup at $10-12M/year.  Either way, TT makes more money next year than this, but not here, and likely not as a starter.

Said the same thing last year. 

I pick up his option and would only look to move him if an upgrade came along.  16 mil a year for qb in 3 years won more than he lost and threw 3 to 1 TD to ints.  He will be very appealing to a team that could not land a qb or had a qb get hurt.

• Like (+1) 1