Maybe offer TT a new deal.... at our price

I like the fact he does not throw many interceptions, I do not like the 3rd down and over 7 where he seems to checkdown underneath the 1st down to make, and I do not like when it is 3rd down and short and he goes to the deep pattern way to often.  That is so frustrating to watch.  I think they will go after Kirk Cousins and release or trade Tyrod after.  If Cousins is not signed I would expect to move up to get a qb.  On a side note watch the Patriots deal their 2nd rd pick from the niners and their first round to move up to the mid first to draft a QB.

23 minutes ago, Rockee96 said:

if we want a team that can be competitive consistently in the long run, Tyrod is not the answer.

By now, it should be apparent to everyone. If this isn't obvious to the front office, they need to go.

Outside of going hard for Cousins.  Not my first choice.  I think Taylor is as good as any Qb available on the open market.  16 mil is stopgap qb money.  Draft a qb, more likley trade up for your qb.  He either sits behind Taylor for a year or straight takes his job and out plays him which would be best case scenerio.  If Taylor is past then trade Taylor to a deperate team in training camp and recoup the capital used to trade up for your guy.

1 hour ago, Franchiseneedsme said:

SO I like Tyrod. Problem is he is severely limited, but he also has his strengths. Last year he signed a team friendly deal after finding out the rest of the league doesn't view him as a starter. I would love TT for like $9M a season, not $18m-$20m. Would TT sign a 3 year deal worth $27m?  Guarantee half of it, and I think he might take it. He doesn't seem to be a money chaser, this is undoubtedly his best spot to play, and the fans would love him for signing that deal. Also we would be in great position to build a great team around him. 

I know it is very unconventional but this year could be the perfect storm for us to use leverage. Flame away. But I like TT for a discounted rate, If it takes market value to sign him he isn't worth it.

Why? He only cost Bills 9.36 mill to keep for next year. Pretty much your target and can move on after next year unless he turns into Rich Gannon. That is the choice for Bills to contemplate for having Taylor as a one year bridge right there.

Under your plan he would have cap hits of 17.64.......9 mill........and 9 mill. He would get cash in hand of 9 9 and 9 (if he would accept that deal he surely would demand it all be guaranteed considering his current deal gives him 16 mill cash in his hands for just playing one year in 2018) So you would increase the cap hit significantly of a player they clearly want to slide away from sooner rather than later.

THE TT FACTS:
TT contract is right now. 8.64 mill dead cap if cut or 18 mill cap hit if on team in 2018. So he cost about 9.36 mill to keep for 2018.
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-b...d-taylor-7899/

16 minutes ago, BillsMedia said:

If we dont pay him, somebody is going to pay a lot for him. He will move on from us, too much trouble with this organization. 

I really don’t think any team will pay TT $10 M a year.  MAYBE $8.  I wouldn’t want him unless we missed on many other upgrade bridge QBs.

I would pay Bradford, Bridgewater, Keemun, Alex Smith all more on a two year deal.   I would give them all $15 M year for two years.  Bridgewater somewhere in between.

5 minutes ago, Manther said:

I really don’t think any team will pay TT $10 M a year.  MAYBE $8.  I wouldn’t want him unless we missed on many other upgrade bridge QBs.

I would pay Bradford, Bridgewater, Keemun, Alex Smith all more on a two year deal.   I would give them all $15 M year for two years.  Bridgewater somewhere in between.

Bradford, Smith and Keenum are all 18. Bridgewater I don't understand the fascination with, Tyrod > Bridgewater.

4 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Bradford, Smith and Keenum are all 18. Bridgewater I don't understand the fascination with, Tyrod > Bridgewater.

4 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Ya, agreed.  It will probably be somewhere in those ballparks and closer to your #s.

I see the value in one of those 3 at that price for two years and draft one and have Peterman.

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I don't think TT takes another pay cut.  I'm not a TT fan at all, but he's better than a lot of the league.  If I'm the Jets, and don't get my QB of the future, I'd pay TT.  The Cards, Broncos, Browns,  come to mind.  If not a starter, every team other than the Bills could use a good backup at $10-12M/year.  Either way, TT makes more money next year than this, but not here, and likely not as a starter.

What league are you referring to? 

The Arena League?

The National Hockey League?

The Premier League?

The League of Nations? 

The Justice League? 

• Haha (+1) 1

I think it would be great if TT would take less next year to stay.  That would give the Bills cap space and the flexibility to give whoever they draft at QB a year to learn the offense (and Buffalo won't be forced to reach for an EJ or a Losman if all the QBs they like are taken before they get a chance to pick and the price to trade up ends up being too steep)

But I can't see why TT would agree to this.  TT has been a starter for 3 years with a winning record and (assuming he's cut) will be reaching FA after just taking the Bills to the playoffs for the first time in 17 years.  I can't imagine a scenario where there isn't a team out there willing to give him at least a 4yr/60mil or 5yr/75mil contract...  

And McD was in such a hurry to bench him despite not having any better options, I'd be surprised if OBD wants Taylor back at all.  

I'd love to see it happen but can't see either side being interested...

7 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Will we have a defense ranked in the bottom third of the league again for the fourth straight year? Probably yes then.

Yeah wrong year to try to blame the defense when your QB passes for under 100 yards in how many games?

and your defense killed in creating TO that you as a QB cannot score on. 

Edited by MAJBobby

6 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

What league are you referring to? 

The Arena League?

The National Hockey League?

The Premier League?

The League of Nations? 

The Justice League? 

UEFA Champions League

LaLiga

Bundesliga

Major League Baseball

Major League Soccer

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

The Red-Headed League

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

5 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

UEFA Champions League

LaLiga

Bundesliga

Major League Baseball

Major League Soccer

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

The Red-Headed League

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Under the Sea, Tyrod is probably in the 13,000-9,000 range.

You're crazy if you think Taylor is really better than all 20,000.

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Adam727 said:

I can't imagine a scenario where there isn't a team out there willing to give him at least a 4yr/60mil or 5yr/75mil contract...  

The realistic options would be one or two of the following teams that do not draft a QB early this year:

Cleveland

NY Giants

NY Jets

Denver

Arizona

Washington

Pittsburgh

Jacksonville

Buffalo

Of these, I would cross Cleveland and NY Giants off the list. They will take QBs 1 and 2. I think Washington keeps Cousins so cross them off. But if they don't then cross off one of NY Jets, Denver, Arizona or Jacksonville. Pittsburgh depends on Big Ben retiring or not. Jacksonville, I think they stick with Bortles if Eli doesn't go there.

So it comes down to the Jets, Denver, Arizona, Pittsburgh and Buffalo. But a couple of those teams could have newly drafted first round QBs. And figure at least one of Bridgewater, Bradford or Keenum will come on the market too which will also lower demand some.

2 hours ago, Franchiseneedsme said:

SO I like Tyrod. Problem is he is severely limited, but he also has his strengths. Last year he signed a team friendly deal after finding out the rest of the league doesn't view him as a starter. I would love TT for like $9M a season, not $18m-$20m. Would TT sign a 3 year deal worth $27m?  Guarantee half of it, and I think he might take it. He doesn't seem to be a money chaser, this is undoubtedly his best spot to play, and the fans would love him for signing that deal. Also we would be in great position to build a great team around him. 

I know it is very unconventional but this year could be the perfect storm for us to use leverage. Flame away. But I like TT for a discounted rate, If it takes market value to sign him he isn't worth it.

It would be worth keeping Taylor around if the new rookie needs seasoning. I doubr anyone wants to go 5-11 after a playoff season

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah wrong year to try to blame the defense when your QB passes for under 100 yards in how many games?

and your defense killed in creating TO that you as a QB cannot score on. 

Everyone killed Rex for a terrible defense two straight years yet this defense was worse in every category except turnovers. The turnovers dried up and we lost three straight games in the middle of the season. I wouldn't be so high on the defense. This team was lucky to make the playoffs but they should have made it in 2015 or 2016 with a better defense. Both those teams were actually better then this one. But some clutch kicks and some clutch turnovers in the right games during a down year in the conference along with some help got us in this year. 

• Like (+1) 1