Maybe offer TT a new deal.... at our price

1 hour ago, BillsMedia said:

If we dont pay him, somebody is going to pay a lot for him. He will move on from us, too much trouble with this organization. 

Why would a team pay a lot ? 

Whats the trouble with the organization?   

Just need to upgrade the passer and the pass rush no ? 

1 hour ago, Adam727 said:

I think it would be great if TT would take less next year to stay.  That would give the Bills cap space and the flexibility to give whoever they draft at QB a year to learn the offense (and Buffalo won't be forced to reach for an EJ or a Losman if all the QBs they like are taken before they get a chance to pick and the price to trade up ends up being too steep)

But I can't see why TT would agree to this.  TT has been a starter for 3 years with a winning record and (assuming he's cut) will be reaching FA after just taking the Bills to the playoffs for the first time in 17 years.  I can't imagine a scenario where there isn't a team out there willing to give him at least a 4yr/60mil or 5yr/75mil contract...  

And McD was in such a hurry to bench him despite not having any better options, I'd be surprised if OBD wants Taylor back at all.  

I'd love to see it happen but can't see either side being interested...

I don’t think there is any chance an NFL team will give him that.

42 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Everyone killed Rex for a terrible defense two straight years yet this defense was worse in every category except turnovers. The turnovers dried up and we lost three straight games in the middle of the season. I wouldn't be so high on the defense. This team was lucky to make the playoffs but they should have made it in 2015 or 2016 with a better defense. Both those teams were actually better then this one. But some clutch kicks and some clutch turnovers in the right games during a down year in the conference along with some help got us in this year. 

Wow, no further comment 

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

No time to move on from a very limited QB 

Move onto what, exactly? If we draft a QB, we need someone to groom him under. Unless there is a better free market or trade QB we can obtain, it'd be silly to get rid of him with no plan in place.

Otherwise, If we draft a QB, it generally takes 3 years to learn the system and come into their own. Is it worth sacrificing a potential playoff team the next few years to grow a new QB?

1 minute ago, Young34 said:

Move onto what, exactly? If we draft a QB, we need someone to groom him under. Unless there is a better free market or trade QB we can obtain, it'd be silly to get rid of him with no plan in place.

Otherwise, If we draft a QB, it generally takes 3 years to learn the system and come into their own. Is it worth sacrificing a potential playoff team the next few years to grow a new QB?

No it doesnt. Wentz need theee years, Goff, Dak, Wilson,  or most of the rookie QBs in recent years 

He is VERY limited and Andy Dalton getting us into the playoffs should have ZERO bearing on a TT evaluation 

Question for those claiming Dalton got us to the playoffs:

If they changed the order of the games that were played (but the results remained the same), do we still get into the playoffs?

• Thank you (+1) 1

the problem is both tt and dennison.  square pegs trying to fit in round holes.  i really do not have any idea what kind of offense we are trying to run.  the thing is...dennison knew what kind of qb he was stuck with, and instead of working to tt's strength...i got nuthin.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Why does he take less to stay?

coach that benched him

thinks race is a factor

poor scheme fit

not great receiver talent 

Took team to playoffs not given any credit by fans at TBD

id venture he could find a better fit if we lowball him drastically 

Right, at this point the relationship is soured. Its Bad.

You benched the guy for a unprepared 5th round rookie after asking him to take a paycut in the off season and given him close to nothing at wr to work with until you traded for an ALREADY injured WR. Smh. I would leave this team too if they did that to me.

Tyrods gonna bounce and start for another team next year. It is what it is.

6 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

No it doesnt. Wentz need theee years, Goff, Dak, Wilson,  or most of the rookie QBs in recent years 

Statistics disagree with you. You cherry picked a few names to make a point. See here:

"For every successful first-round quarterback pick in recent years, there are almost twice as many failures. A conclusion can be drawn with 19 of the first-round picks. Only seven, or 36.8 percent, arguably could be considered a success."

www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agents-take-recent-draft-history-shows-first-round-qbs-are-more-likely-to-fail/amp/

1 hour ago, Young34 said:

Statistics disagree with you. You cherry picked a few names to make a point. See here:

"For every successful first-round quarterback pick in recent years, there are almost twice as many failures. A conclusion can be drawn with 19 of the first-round picks. Only seven, or 36.8 percent, arguably could be considered a success."

www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agents-take-recent-draft-history-shows-first-round-qbs-are-more-likely-to-fail/amp/

Glad your statistic has NOTHING to do with that was said like Rookies need to SIT and what my quote was response too

Glad your statistic has NOTHING to do with that was said like Rookies need to SIT and what my quote was response too

" But starting a high draft pick QB as a rookie generally led to a lower passer rating from him and worse win percentage in years 1, 2 and onward as compared to the QBs who are given the chance to develop and learn from the sideline."

" Pressure from the ownership to “play the new QB to win now” is actually a misnomer.   They may win more than they won last year, but they still end up leading the team to sub-.500 records their rookie year and .500 their second year.  They rarely “win now”. "

"...even longer is the list of QBs drafted early (51 total were drafted in the first 2 rounds with 10+ total starts since 2000) who were forced into early action and then struggled so badly they washed out of the NFL or skirted around as backups."

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/when-to-start-your-rookie-quarterback-050715/

Facts:

– 37 QBs were drafted in the first 2 rounds of the NFL draft and started games in their rookie season.

– Six won 9+ games their rookie season.

– The other 31 had a combined rookie record of 112-203 (35.5%).

– By year 4, those 31 players only had 179 combined starts, down over 45% from the 323 games they started in year 2. (Due to benching)

– Even after weeding the worst of the bunch out of the NFL, the record for those still QBs who still found themselves earning starts in year 4 was 48%. (losing records)

________________________________________________________________________________

It this better for you? It statistically doesn't pay to start a rookie QB, comparing the successes to the failures, outlined above. There are way more failures than successes, and this is fact.

Edited by Young34
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, NoSaint said:

You don’t think a team like Jax would be interested? Picking too low to draft one and without an answer for next year 

I thought they picked up Bortles 5th year

11 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

I don't remember Taylor mentioning race, did he? I remember Richard Sherman saying that, not Taylor.

He said that he thinks black QBs need to do more to prove themselves than white QBs (or something along those lines) in an interview right before the TNF game. But, I don’t recall it being mentioned as anything related to Buffalo or the Bills, but rather a league-wide issue.

2 hours ago, FearLess Price said:

Right, at this point the relationship is soured. Its Bad.

You benched the guy for a unprepared 5th round rookie after asking him to take a paycut in the off season and given him close to nothing at wr to work with until you traded for an ALREADY injured WR. Smh. I would leave this team too if they did that to me.

Tyrods gonna bounce and start for another team next year. It is what it is.

Not sure if I’m missing something and will look at Spotrac , but i believe he’s under contract for next year. The Bills will need to trade or cut him for him to “bounce”. 

There is a relatively juicy roster bonus coming up if he’s here past a certain date in March so the feeling is the Bills will choose to move on given his overall performance. But, he’s not scheduled to be a UFA

Here is a good explanation from when he signed his current deal —

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/27642/tyrod-taylors-pay-cut-gives-bills-chance-to-cut-ties-after-2017

Edited by YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I thought they picked up Bortles 5th year

He said that he thinks black QBs need to do more to prove themselves than white QBs (or something along those lines) in an interview right before the TNF game. But, I don’t recall it being mentioned as anything related to Buffalo or the Bills, but rather a league-wide issue.

Not sure what I’m missing, but he’s under contract for next year. The Bills will need to trade or cut him for him to “bounce”. 

There is a relatively juicy roster bonus coming up if he’s here past a certain date in March so the feeling is the Bills will choose to move on given his overall performance. But, he’s not scheduled to be a UFA

I was operating on the assumption that OBD cuts him to not pay out that roster bonus. you didnt miss anything, just figured people would know what i meant. if he had the choice to stay here with this staff or go to another ball club,  he would " " bounce " ". If the Bills are smart they see if they can trade him before he gets cut. 

9 hours ago, Adam727 said:

But I can't see why TT would agree to this.  TT has been a starter for 3 years with a winning record and (assuming he's cut) will be reaching FA after just taking the Bills to the playoffs for the first time in 17 years.  I can't imagine a scenario where there isn't a team out there willing to give him at least a 4yr/60mil or 5yr/75mil contract...  

And McD was in such a hurry to bench him despite not having any better options, I'd be surprised if OBD wants Taylor back at all.  

I'd love to see it happen but can't see either side being interested...

This. Pretty much all that. #5 is gone. I hope we grab a top rookie qb in the 1st.  Not a 3rd 4th or 5th round development qb this year. 

2 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

I was operating on the assumption that OBD cuts him to not pay out that roster bonus. you didnt miss anything, just figured people would know what i meant. if he had the choice to stay here with this staff or go to another ball club,  he would " " bounce " ". If the Bills are smart they see if they can trade him before he gets cut. 

Ok ... if they cut him, then he doesn’t have a chance to stay here. If they want him to stay, they won’t cut him. Jmo.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Ok ... if they cut him, then he doesn’t have a chance to stay here. If they want him to stay, they won’t cut him. Jmo.

I was speakin in hypotheticals we all know it dont really work like that. 

We both know OBD wants nothing to do with Tyrod no matter how bad the rest of our qb roster is.

If they were on good terms i could see them working together to fashion a trade or restructure that both parties would benefit from and be happy with. 

Bills brass and Tyrod and his agent have such a cold repoire its gonna be "thanks tyrod were gonna go in a different direction at qb this year, good luck!"

4 minutes ago, bmur66 said:

It would be wise to keep him around unless you go with a better FA QB. I would love to see a draft pic step up and beat him out in training camp.

Same here bro. I just dont see it happening. Theyre both soured.

Tyrods soured on it

Bills soured on it

Fans soured on it

Someone cue the Seinfeld memes and gifs 

I believe they will go in a different direction but it’s hard to say what else will be out there. Just like last year. But they were definitely willing to move on last year and I don’t think he’s done anything to change their perception. If only he could play Miami every week.

that said he’s not making a lot of money for starting qb and they are in good cap shape, so I won’t be surprised either way.