Maybe offer TT a new deal.... at our price

17 hours ago, Franchiseneedsme said:

SO I like Tyrod. Problem is he is severely limited, but he also has his strengths. Last year he signed a team friendly deal after finding out the rest of the league doesn't view him as a starter. I would love TT for like $9M a season, not $18m-$20m. Would TT sign a 3 year deal worth $27m?  Guarantee half of it, and I think he might take it. He doesn't seem to be a money chaser, this is undoubtedly his best spot to play, and the fans would love him for signing that deal. Also we would be in great position to build a great team around him. 

I know it is very unconventional but this year could be the perfect storm for us to use leverage. Flame away. But I like TT for a discounted rate, If it takes market value to sign him he isn't worth it.

"Our price"? "Our" who?

Are you suffering from delusions of being co-owner of the Bills?

Is this the voice of the powerful front office figure that speaks in your head expressing itself?

"Our price"???

Our turnovers on Defense is what has kept this team alive and covered up allot of our deficiencies on both sides of the ball. We still need a QB that can create their own offense and consistently move up and down the field. We can't have a guy throw for 65 yards in a game and be ok with that. This team is allot closer than anyone could imagine. We just need a few playmakers to put us over the top.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, nuklz2594 said:

the problem is both tt and dennison.  square pegs trying to fit in round holes.  i really do not have any idea what kind of offense we are trying to run.  the thing is...dennison knew what kind of qb he was stuck with, and instead of working to tt's strength...i got nuthin.

This

17 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Picking too low to draft one and without an answer for next year 

This is what scares me the most heading into next year.  Our draft position has us most certainly missing out on pretty much on all the top tier QB's coming out, and to move up from our current position into the top 5 I fear would cost "the farm". Both 1st's, a 2nd, and probably next year's 1st as well.  And if we break the bank to sign Cousins, that leaves us with not much to sign a DT, or LB, or OT, or whatever other positions we need to shore up that we weren't able to via the draft.  

I'm ready to part ways with Tyrod.  He is maddeningly frustrating to watch at times, and I just feel like it's time to move on.  I'm still not ready to give up on Peterman as our possible starting QB one day, but we definitely need a veteran presence to hold the fort together until we find "our guy".

If at the right price, I do think Taylor provides the ideal mentor qualities to pass on: protect the football, be a leader, work hard, be humble.

In addition, let's say the rookie we draft surpasses him and earns the starting role at some point - is Taylor not a top-notch wildcat/backup/trick-play QB who could still be used somewhat regularly in the offense?

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks
  • Like (+1) 1