Rose Bowl Thread

atlbillsfan1975

5 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

I agree. Im sure McD would go gaga over his speed and instincts. 

To move into the top 10 would prob require our first and a second but we would still have KC’s first. 

I think it takes both of our 1sts, but it may very well be worth it

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

The next game can’t be this good, which is OK as I’m unlikely to be awake for the end...

Same here.... got way too little sleep last night!

5 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Thought maybe we can start a thread just for the Rose Bowl.

Go Dawgs!! 

Lets see how good Mayfield is against an SEC D. If Mayfield is the real deal he will prove it today. 

Congrats Dawg!!! 

21 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I agree.

For some reason, Oklahoma stopped attacking. That's on the play calling.

What a game. Congratulations, Georgia.

Yep, that was some gutless football by OK at the end of the game.  Absolute refusal to throw downfield, nothing but dump-offs and gimmicky misdirection plays—and of course pathetic failure to go for it on 4th down.

34 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Same here.... got way too little sleep last night!

Congrats Dawg!!! 

Thanks man!! This is a nice feeling. 

As for Mayfield I came away with a mixed impression. His line was dominating at times giving him 4-5 seconds at least. This was mostly in the first half and UGA was playing more of a 3 man front. When UGA went to a four man front and bringing a 5th or 6th man OKL’s Oline struggled and thus did Mayfield. He was unable to make a quick check down or slide away from the pressure to reset and deliver a solid pass. Mayfield did have the nice touchdown throw in the second half where he avoided pressure and reset his feet. I came away thinking I wouldn’t want to draft him in the first round. I for sure would not want to trade picks to move up and take him in the first. 

This has been a great weekend for me. Not sure how many Bills and Dawg fans there are in the world, glad I am tonight. 

Now lets win next week and shock the world!!

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

One friend, a UGA alum, bought a ticket about a month ago for $1400. Another bought one three weeks ago post SEC championship game for $2000. 

I think a Bama vs UGA game will set the record for highest average ticket price for a championship game. A few factors will play into it. The new stadium, a ton of fans willing to pay higher prices due to no airfare and very little if any accommodation expense. A lot of UGA and Bama fans in Atlanta. It is easier to swallow a $2500 ticket price if that is 95% of your total expense for the experience. And lastly just the natural progression of ticket costs. 

3 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

One friend, a UGA alum, bought a ticket about a month ago for $1400. Another bought one three weeks ago post SEC championship game for $2000. 

I think a Bama vs UGA game will set the record for highest average ticket price for a championship game. A few factors will play into it. The new stadium, a ton of fans willing to pay higher prices due to no airfare and very little if any accommodation expense. A lot of UGA and Bama fans in Atlanta. It is easier to swallow a $2500 ticket price if that is 95% of your total expense for the experience. And lastly just the natural progression of ticket costs. 

I agree with you - if you don’t have to factor in travel costs it makes a big difference. I expect a huge UGA contingent given this is their first title game in awhile (not sure how long off top of my head)

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I agree with you - if you don’t have to factor in travel costs it makes a big difference. I expect a huge UGA contingent given this is their first title game in awhile (not sure how long off top of my head)

The prices started to come down today. For just over $1900 you can get into the stadium. 1980 was their last Nat’l Championship. The Bills and Dawgs share a lot of let down moments. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/1/2018 at 9:19 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Took ball out of mayfield’s hands in 1st OT. Inexplicable.

Stupifying!

I couldn't believe the horrible playcalling in the second half, why all the option runs? Their last TD drive they let Mayfield open it up then we're conservative the rest of the time. I don't understand why coaches get conservative when they are up a couple scores, it usually ends up like it did.

On 1/1/2018 at 9:55 PM, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Thanks man!! This is a nice feeling. 

As for Mayfield I came away with a mixed impression. His line was dominating at times giving him 4-5 seconds at least. This was mostly in the first half and UGA was playing more of a 3 man front. When UGA went to a four man front and bringing a 5th or 6th man OKL’s Oline struggled and thus did Mayfield. He was unable to make a quick check down or slide away from the pressure to reset and deliver a solid pass. Mayfield did have the nice touchdown throw in the second half where he avoided pressure and reset his feet. I came away thinking I wouldn’t want to draft him in the first round. I for sure would not want to trade picks to move up and take him in the first. 

This has been a great weekend for me. Not sure how many Bills and Dawg fans there are in the world, glad I am tonight. 

Now lets win next week and shock the world!!

No worries, Georgia has a better team than Bama

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.