Rose Bowl Thread

atlbillsfan1975

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

That's ball game

No way Georgia will come back in the 2nd half. They can't stop OU. 

Halftime adjustments!?

I'm hoping just b/c I'd like to see a good, close game.  Don't really care who wins.

Interesting to keep an eye on Mayfield though.

PS:  How about #98 for Georgia wearing nerd glasses inside his helmet; don't recall seeing that on a football player before.

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

PS:  How about #98 for Georgia wearing nerd glasses inside his helmet; don't recall seeing that on a football player before.

He's a kicker so he can get away with it on the field.

And after that kick he earned the right to wear a pocket protector if he wants

13 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Halftime adjustments!?

I'm hoping just b/c I'd like to see a good, close game.  Don't really care who wins.

Interesting to keep an eye on Mayfield though.

Eric Dickerson once wore glasses that were far more incredible. 

1 minute ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Eric Dickerson once wore glasses that were far more incredible. 

You're absolutely right of course!

I totally forgot about that.  He also wore a ton of extra pads all over the place as I recall.

OJ was the opposite; he hardly wore anything and said he wanted to feel if a tackler was touching him, etc., so he deliberately didn't wear hip pads and stuff like that.

ED1.jpg

I see the arm talent, zip, accuracy, good release. He sees the field (moved the safety over beautifully on one long completion). He's mobile and athletic. Quick and decisive actions/reactions. Lots to like - however on most passing downs he gets sit back in perfect undisturbed tranquility as he surveys the field or allows for the playcalls to develop. His O-line is dominant. So I don't know how he can perform when under sustained pressure and in a small NFL pocket the big bodies will be much closer, not five to seven yards away. Maybe then not being tall becomes an issue.

Just a thought. Haven't seen much of him so those who have will likely have a better view. 

Wonder how tall he is. Find out at the Combine. 

4 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

You're absolutely right of course!

I totally forgot about that.  He also wore a ton of extra pads all over the place as I recall.

OJ was the opposite; he hardly wore anything and said he wanted to feel if a tackler was touching him, etc., so he deliberately didn't wear hip pads and stuff like that.

ED1.jpg

high school wood shop teacher glasses

3 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

I see the arm talent, zip, accuracy, good release. He sees the field (moved the safety over beautifully on one long completion). He's mobile and athletic. Quick and decisive actions/reactions. Lots to like - however on most passing downs he gets sit back in perfect undisturbed tranquility as he surveys the field or allows for the playcalls to develop. His O-line is dominant. So I don't know how he can perform when under sustained pressure and in a small NFL pocket the big bodies will be much closer, not five to seven yards away. Maybe then not being tall becomes an issue.

Just a thought. Haven't seen much of him so those who have will likely have a better view. 

Wonder how tall he is. Find out at the Combine. 

Listed at 6'1" but maybe he's a touch smaller than that.

Height is only an issue with a QB if it's an issue.

It's not an issue if it's not.

Doesn't seem to bother Drew Brees but does seem to bother Tyrod.

Just now, Fadingpain said:

Listed at 6'1" but maybe he's a touch smaller than that.

Height is only an issue with a QB if it's an issue.

It's not an issue if it's not.

Doesn't seem to bother Drew Brees but does seem to bother Tyrod.

A touch under 6'1" is no problem for me. But he looks a lot shorter next to some of his mates.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ok then UGA!

I saw him in person. He’s Russ Wilson height but softer (right now). Could benefit from nfl S&C.

Really? You think he's like 5'11" ????  That's not 6'1" !!!

There must have been an excellent halftime speech in the GA locker room!!

5 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Lost in all the Mayfield publicity, the fact that Fromm is going to be a hot NFL prospect when he’s eligible for the draft. 

Georgia will get Eason back next year too

That was a rare, terrible throw. Trying to do too much. Those UGA adjustments have OU reeling

Edited by H2o

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah he looks shook. Not used to this type of pressure up front 

His receivers aren't getting any separation either. UGA brought their shutdown defense out for the 2nd half. 

Edited by H2o

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.