The last time the Bills were in the playoffs...

DC Tom

I was in my senior year of high school. I remember watching the Music City Miracle. Don't know if I've ever been more angered over a sporting event. 

Since then I've moved three different times, been through countless jobs, met my wife in 2010, married her in 2014 (even had a little nod to the Bills in the vows, ha!), adopted a cat... no kids here. 

If the drought taught me anything it's been to temper my expectations and watch the games with a more level-headed approach. I'm psyched when they win but I refuse to let a loss ruin my day or cause me to throw my TV remote across the room. On Sunday my thought was something super Billsy was going to happen, I figured that the Ravens, Titans and Chargers would all lose, thus allowing Buffalo to get into the playoffs so long as they beat Miami, but I was betting that they'd lay an egg against the Phins and lose as well. 

By the time the 4th quarter started vs. Miami, I was 99% sure the Bills had the game in hand. And shortly after that, the Titans won their game which eliminated the second playoff scenario leaving only a Bills victory and a Ravens loss as their path into the playoffs. I was trying not to get too excited about Cincinnati leading for most of their game, and then I had the "Welp, figures" mindset when Baltimore took the lead with around 9 minutes left to go. 

Bills game ended and we knew they had a chance. CBS went right to the Ravens/Bengals game. I paced around during Cincinnati's final drive. 4th & 12, I'm thinking, "Man, just give your kicker a shot to at least tie it up." And then that gentle ginger Jesus dropped back and put one on a rope to Boyd (Pitt alum, wonder if Shady texted him after, haha). I honestly thought Boyd was gonna get tackled right there as there were three Ravens surrounding him so I was like, "Yaaaa! That's a chip shot field goal, they can tie it-- whoa, go, GO, GO, GO OH MY GAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHDDDDD AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" I had no words. All I could do was yell and throw stuff (nothing crazy). And then yeah, I had a hint of hesitation as Baltimore had three TO's and 44 seconds but I was like, they gotta score a touchdown, I don't think it's gonna happen.

It's crazy to finally have the monkey off our backs. Don't have to hear about the drought anymore, no longer are they the team who has the longest active streak of missing the playoffs in any major American sport. Crazy awesome cloud nine kinda feeling. Called family and friends, texts, etc. etc. It was a fun New Years. And then the next day I woke up and somehow failed to recall the previous nights events until I went online and saw all the reaction videos and was like, holy crap, it really happened. That jagoff in NYC didn't overturn the Cincinnati TD overnight did he? The Bills are actually in?! 

And uh yeah... apologies for the novel here but cripes, 17 seasons and they break the streak this season. With all the changes that took place I felt like they'd probably finish in the same ol' 8-8 or 7-9 range. When they hit 8 wins I was like, hey at least they're guaranteed a non-losing season final record. And then somehow, someway everything fell into place for them and they sneak into the playoffs. This team has had that "ball bounced their way" vibe for most of the season. They've been fortunate enough to catch some breaks and I hope it continues haha. 

Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

Figured I should pop in here.

I was rolling around on a pile of profits from trading dot-com stocks.

I was at the game Sunday in a friend’s luxury box. We were there afterwards for the Dalton-Boyd TD. Some old friends from HS vacationing on Miami Beach Uber’d to the tailgate. Couldn’t do that in 2000 Nashville.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HopsGuy said:

I was rolling around on a pile of profits from trading dot-com stocks.

This brought back a painful memory.  In 99 I had completed my retire @55 analysis and was more than good to go. Still working @ 61 thanks to the Telecom Train Wreck/dot-com bubble burst.................

I was a junior in high school when the foward lateral happened. Since then I went to Bonas moved to Chicago to take a job moved back to WNY to go to grad school at Bonas then moved back to Chicago where I have worked for the last decade. Planning on going to law school in the fall so it would be nice to have a Bills superbowl before I take the bar in three to four years!

sorry for not checking all 12 pages 

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/30769/how-the-sports-world-changed-over-9456727-minutes-of-bills-drought

How sports changed in the 9,456,727 minutes since the Bills' last playoff game by Mike Rodak.  

He hit on some of the posts here (maybe he read this thread) 

The Cubs and Red Sox won the World Series:

Michael Phelps won all of his record 28 medals: