[Vague Title]Can someone seriously tell me

Watkins90

12 minutes ago, Gugny said:

The only Flutie magic I liked was when he disappeared from Buffalo forever.

!@#$ that piece of ****.

[This is an automated response] You’re a bit vague.  Would you please make your thoughts known more clearly and succinctly.  Thank you.

Just now, BuffaloBill said:

[This is an automated response] You’re a bit vague.  Would you please make your thoughts known more clearly and succinctly.  Thank you.

My apologies.  What I meant is that Flutie was the consummate team player who never cared about individual accomplishments or achievements.  He did his best to mend a severely split locker room and he was a leader via his stellar command of the offense - never straying from the plays being called.  His pinpoint accuracy and unbelievable ability to read defenses led the team into field goal range more times than I can count on my fingers and toes, combined.  The fact that he's not on the Wall of Fame (the wall of a porta-potty at Hammer's Lot) is borderline criminal and he will forever hold a special place in my heart.

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

My apologies.  What I meant is that Flutie was the consummate team player who never cared about individual accomplishments or achievements.  He did his best to mend a severely split locker room and he was a leader via his stellar command of the offense - never straying from the plays being called.  His pinpoint accuracy and unbelievable ability to read defenses led the team into field goal range more times than I can count on my fingers and toes, combined.  The fact that he's not on the Wall of Fame (the wall of a porta-potty at Hammer's Lot) is borderline criminal and he will forever hold a special place in my heart.

In all seriousness, the latter half your comments sadly make me think of Tyrod Taylor.  Soon to be another failed QB on a long list of them in Buffalo.  

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

In all seriousness, the latter half your comments sadly make me think of Tyrod Taylor.  Soon to be another failed QB on a long list of them in Buffalo.  

Also in all seriousness, watching Tyrod Taylor in his first game as the Bills starter, I said, "my God, this is like watching Flutie."  It was true then and it remained true for nearly three more years.  Here's to better days ahead ... :beer:

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Also in all seriousness, watching Tyrod Taylor in his first game as the Bills starter, I said, "my God, this is like watching Flutie."  It was true then and it remained true for nearly three more years.  Here's to better days ahead ... :beer:

BadolBilz and friends so eloquently state otherwise.  How they can think that Tyrod Taylor is an NFL QB is laughable.  The latest thread suggests that he would have been fine had the Bills simply kept Woods and Watkins.  The WR’s make the QB is the premise.  I guess that is why Brady has been so successful.  Look at the long list of WR”s that have come and gone in NE.  They made his career, didn’t’ they?

1 minute ago, BuffaloBill said:

BadolBilz and friends so eloquently state otherwise.  How they can think that Tyrod Taylor is an NFL QB is laughable.  The latest thread suggests that he would have been fine had the Bills simply kept Woods and Watkins.  The WR’s make the QB is the premise.  I guess that is why Brady has been so successful.  Look at the long list of WR”s that have come and gone in NE.  They made his career, didn’t’ they?

Yeah, we did the Woods/Watkins thing.  That might have been the year that our passing game got all the way up the 26th in the league, I'm not sure.

44 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

40 minutes ago, Gugny said:

30 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

28 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Yeah, we did the Woods/Watkins thing.  That might have been the year that our passing game got all the way up the 26th in the league, I'm not sure.

[This is an automated response]As a courtesy to the other board members, please stick to the dead horse being beaten. The dead horse you have chosen isn’t scheduled for its next beating until 2018, and will appear periodically through 2036. 

Edited by transient

2 hours ago, transient said:

[This is an automated response]As a courtesy to the other board members, please stick to the dead horse being beaten. The dead horse you have chosen isn’t scheduled for its next beating until 2018, and will appear periodically through 2036. 

:worthy: So over a period of weeks I’ve created about 25 posts on the topic.  So yes, I am a dead horse beater.  Especially when my comments were buried in a thread abou Flutie and Rob Johnson.  LAMP, LAMP, if I had been really smart I would have opened a thread on the topic.  That has happened so infrequently.  

5 hours ago, Steptide said:

Rob Johnson wasn't as bad as people remember. He'll always be hated by bills fans for the music city miracle, but if you go watch the 2000 season highlights, he really wasn't THAT bad. He definitely wasn't mobile and wasn't perfect by any means. But I'd actually say he was a fairly good pocket passer. Dare I say better than Tyrod? 

RJ sucked and always sucked.  He is why passer rating is such a dumb stat.  RJ would rather take a sack than throw an Int or a new incompletion to hurt his rating. He was soft and terrible.

flutie wasn't great but he had at least more than one good game on his career unlike RJ.  But the benching of Flutie and him taking us to playoff berths in 2 seasons has clearly benefited this franchise. We've been awesome since we got rid of that stupid playoff qb!!!

7 hours ago, SMAKCruiser said:

Johnson did not have a good game.   He was 10/22 131 yards 0 TDs.  Sacked 6 times and was safetied once.

7 hours ago, KW95 said:

BOOYA!  BOOM!  IN YO FACE!  

Some people on these boards are delusional.  

Great job Smak!

Alexa, what were Rob Johnson's statistics against the Tennessee Titans in the playoff game on January 8, 2000?

15 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

1) Johnson left the field with the lead.

2) Flutie was in a serious funk toward the end of that season. His little pixie hop pass fake? Defenses weren't getting fooled by it anymore.

We won 5 out of the last 6 with that "pixie hop fake pass". What was the problem again?

No way Flutie fumbles out of the back of the EZ for a safety. After ensuing free kick Titans score their only TD of the day. that was the difference in the game.

Why didn't Wade go back to Flutieathalf time?

14 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

It was the right call, even in hindsight. 

I will also never forget RJ in that regular season finale against the Colts. It was an absolute clinic; he looked like an all-pro QB. I can see why Ralph or wade or whoever thought he should start the WC game.

Then he played a very solid game on the road against a ferocious Tennessee defense (one that hadnt lost at home, as I recall), and got us the W before the you know what. 

Plus, the Bills had been struggling to score points through most of that season under Flutie. They were carried by their defense. 

17 hours ago, Watkins90 said:

How Wade Phillips let Ralph Wilson convince him to start Rob Johnson in that playoff game against Tennessee? Like come on Wade, Doug played the entire season and you let the owner see one good, but meaningless game control your coaching decisions?

And I still don't know how friggin' Truman beat Dewey!

3 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

We won 5 out of the last 6 with that "pixie hop fake pass". What was the problem again?

No way Flutie fumbles out of the back of the EZ for a safety. After ensuing free kick Titans score their only TD of the day. that was the difference in the game.

Is that so?:lol:

Trailing 24-17 in the closing moments of the 1998 season wildcard game against the Bills biggest rival in Miami.......Doug Flutie fumbled the ball away at the goal line with the Bills just feet away from a tying TD.

It was his second fumble of the game..........capping a day where he lead the Bills offense to 5 turnovers.........(have I mentioned) AGAINST THEIR BIGGEST RIVAL......in a far easier venue.:thumbsup:

6 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Lolz, Flutie doesn't fumble? How do you think we lost the Miami playoff game one year earlier? Flutie fumbled on the Dolphins 1 yard line!

23 hours ago, Watkins90 said:

How Wade Phillips let Ralph Wilson convince him to start Rob Johnson in that playoff game against Tennessee? Like come on Wade, Doug played the entire season and you let the owner see one good, but meaningless game control your coaching decisions?

Flutie sucked, had no arm and had lost the previous years playoff game.

Johnson walked off the field a winner until the Refs screwed us...... again

18 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Is that so?:lol:

Trailing 24-17 in the closing moments of the 1998 season wildcard game against the Bills biggest rival in Miami.......Doug Flutie fumbled the ball away at the goal line with the Bills just feet away from a tying TD.

It was his second fumble of the game..........capping a day where he lead the Bills offense to 5 turnovers.........(have I mentioned) AGAINST THEIR BIGGEST RIVAL......in a far easier venue.:thumbsup:

And Eric Moulds fumbled Way a sure TD on that game too.

Name one QB that has never fumbled.