Sunday is the biggest game since 2004

QB Bills

And this board is littered with threads on QBs for next year and PEOPLE {idiots} complaining about Tyrod.

What happened to this place? There have been a couple of good posters come over from BBMB but it seems as they've been vastly outnumbered by the mouth-breathing table jumpers. That can't be all of it though. 

I think the Bills have finally broken some of you when I read that you'd rather miss the playoffs than get knocked out in the first round if Tyrod is the QB.

We have a realistic shot at the postseason for the first time in forever and there is zero buzz around here. What's the deal?

EDITED by Moderator. No Name Calling.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I subscribe to the "broken" emotional fan you describe above.

It's just been too long, and I'm too young to know of the "glory days" when the team lost a bunch of Super Bowls in a row. 

It's not so much the ability to see the Bills as winners, as I doubt they'll get the help.  The odds are something like 13% the Bills win and get all the help they need.  So it's not looking good, and that's LIKELY.  It's more likely they miss than get in.  That's a fact.

I can't take much more of this "wait 4 months until the Patriots win the Super Bowl" thing.  It's depressing, predictable, boring, and stupid.  Nobody cares, nobody likes it, nobody wants to see this again.  They'll win another one, and Belichick will COMPLAIN at the postgame podium about how much less time his team has to prepare for the draft after all these long playoff runs.  And the wheel keeps turning.

Someone needs to put a bullet in my head.  I'm at a complete emotional loss.  A lot of fans that for some reason either convince themselves (lie to themselves) that they're gonna win each week get on the "naysayers" that offer a reasonable, fact-based, objective perspective.  Somehow I'm a bad guy for not believing in a team that's known for nothing but losing virtually their entire existence.  They're a franchise loser, with a 408-467-8 overall record.  They'd need years of sustained, consistent winning to just get back to .500 overall.

The future is bleak. Let Morty explain this better than I can.

Edited by Peevo

51 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

And this board is littered with threads on QBs for next year and idiots complaining about Tyrod.

What happened to this place? There have been a couple of good posters come over from BBMB but it seems as they've been vastly outnumbered by the mouth-breathing table jumpers. That can't be all of it though. 

I think the Bills have finally broken some of you when I read that you'd rather miss the playoffs than get knocked out in the first round if Tyrod is the QB.

We have a realistic shot at the postseason for the first time in forever and there is zero buzz around here. What's the deal?

The truth is yes, it's nice to make the playoffs but we've also seen enough bad football over the years we know when the team is good and not so good. I think we're trending upward but I'm in the camp that feels Tyrod isn't and will never be good enough at QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

The questions here is, will Mike Mularkey screw us again? .... for you younger folks, the Bills were heavily favored in that last game of the 2004 season--all they had to do was win, they were on a 6 game win streak and were just killing teams---to the Pittsburg Steelers, who sat all their key starters. And yet, they still crushed us rather easily. 

I rank that as one of the top three losses in franchise history: 1) Wide Right, 2) Music City Ripoff, and 3) The Great Let Down vs the Steelers.

The only question for this week is, will the demons be exercised?

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I expect a win Sunday.  Cutler will fold like a cheap suit once again, and guys like Suh aren't the types to put forth maximum effort in a meaningless game. 

If the Bengals come to play for their coach's last game, we have a shot. 

i have a feeling cutler is just going to roll over too, but what do i know.  it's not out of this world to think the ravens will lose too.  it could happen, but it is tough to have to depend on underdogs pulling off an upset.  all the bills can do is win their game and let everything unfold.  it's going to be an intense 4:15 to 7:30 run.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Elite Poster said:

To be honest, the outcome of that game does not necessarily control our destiny unless other things happen and lets be honest, this franchise is not lucky.

It might be depressing, but I've already decided it's done. You have to control your own destiny. 

I agree. In ‘04, it was ‘Win & In’. Not the case here at all.

(BTW, OP, I’m still in holiday mode, though it’s fading fast. Next time you refer to a group of posters you don’t agree with as “idiots” will have consequences. See edited original post)

31 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I agree. In ‘04, it was ‘Win & In’. Not the case here at all.

(BTW, OP, I’m still in holiday mode, though it’s fading fast. Next time you refer to a group of posters you don’t agree with as “idiots” will have consequences. See edited original post)

I could be mistaken but I’m fairly certain 04 wasn’t win and in. We needed a jets loss and got it becuz I remember the stadium cheering when the jets score popped up and they lost and I also remember hanging my head on the way out thinking we had that game go our way and still couldn’t beat the freaking steelers 2nd and 3rd stringers. 

• Like (+1) 2

Either way, it will be an exciting Sunday evening as I myself look forward to it. I actually think the Ravens can easily lose this game just as well as the Bills could lose to the Fins. So it's really up in the air. But it's still great IMO that this team, even with the ups and downs it's had during the season, still has a shot to get in on the final game of the season.

Usually season is over in November or early December. Nice to finally have a full season of meaningful games, especially at week 17. So I'm stoked and can't wait til Sunday. And celebrating New Year's Eve at the same time.

2 minutes ago, DCBongo said:

This game would be bigger if it were truly "win and in", but to have a realistic chance to play in the post-season for the first time in 18 years makes this must see TV.

Hosting a NYE party, I will start with the Bills game in the background. If it's close and one of the other scenarios is playing out I will hook up the other tv and go full on football mode and ignore the company until the games finish.

Go pick up the Chinese Food

Go in the Kitchen

Go make a snowman

Just get out of the way of the damn TV.

I hope it comes down to that but we shall see.

• Like (+1) 1