Sunday is the biggest game since 2004

QB Bills

Idiot here.

There's no buzz about the postseason because we have less than a 5:1 chance to get in, and it's hard to believe we will get in. We have watched every game this year, and while it would be awesome to get in, this is not a great team. I think you know that.

There's talk about a new QB because Tyrod is bad. Whether you care to admit Taylor's faults or not, it is a fact he is always near the bottom in every meaningful stat besides turnovers. It's telling that you did not provide support for your opinion, just name calling, something done as an emotional response rather than a logical argument.

All this talk about how bad we are as fans, but that argument is more idiotic than criticizing Taylor. We are still diehard fans, going to games, watching games, continuously discussing them here, and buying their gear, for a team last in the playoffs in the 90's. You don't get to question fanhood of Bills fans.

I love how there are still folks around here with delusions of superiority over former BBMBers. "Mouth breathing table jumpers"... lol how's the weather up there on your paper pedestal? 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

Idiot here.

There's no buzz about the postseason because we have less than a 5:1 chance to get in, and it's hard to believe we will get in. We have watched every game this year, and while it would be awesome to get in, this is not a great team. I think you know that.

There's talk about a new QB because Tyrod is bad. Whether you care to admit Taylor's faults or not, it is a fact he is always near the bottom in every meaningful stat besides turnovers. It's telling that you did not provide support for your opinion, just name calling, something done as an emotional response rather than a logical argument.

All this talk about how bad we are as fans, but that argument is more idiotic than criticizing Taylor. We are still diehard fans, going to games, watching games, continuously discussing them here, and buying their gear, for a team last in the playoffs in the 90's. You don't get to question fanhood of Bills fans.

I love how there are still folks around here with delusions of superiority over former BBMBers. "Mouth breathing table jumpers"... lol how's the weather up there on your paper pedestal? 

i started on that board in 2004 and quite honestly i still think it was more entertaining than here. anywho....

this last game was like a punch in the gut to me. we could have won that game. the entire second half we couldn't get anything going and our d got gassed...again. i can't for the life of me figure out why this coach did not have the stones to switch things up a bit. why not put nate in for a series here and there....run the two minute drill....throw something different at them.

instead we get two quarter tyrod and two yard tolbert. i just don't get it and expect more of that this week....pathetic. i'm praying they get in , but if they don't get up 2 scores early we all know how that goes.

Edited by billsredneck1

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

What the actual hell are you talking about?

:lol:

Some people just can't handle prosperity.

This isn't the type of roster that builds for the future. There is still a major overhaul of the roster coming. There are a couple players, White and Dawkins, but other than that nothing real exciting about the future. 

Like I said, it's a weird season. 

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

The questions here is, will Mike Mularkey screw us again? .... for you younger folks, the Bills were heavily favored in that last game of the 2004 season--all they had to do was win, they were on a 6 game win streak and were just killing teams---to the Pittsburg Steelers, who sat all their key starters. And yet, they still crushed us rather easily. 

I rank that as one of the top three losses in franchise history: 1) Wide Right, 2) Music City Ripoff, and 3) The Great Let Down vs the Steelers.

The only question for this week is, will the demons be exercised?

That six game win streak came against some bum teams, it was fun to watch tho, no doubt. And I figured with the Steelers playing their backups the Bills would've won but we all know how that turned out. The teams that needed to lose in order for the Bills to get in (had they won) also lost that week so it was a double whammy. 

2 hours ago, QB Bills said:

And this board is littered with threads on QBs for next year and PEOPLE {idiots} complaining about Tyrod.

What happened to this place? There have been a couple of good posters come over from BBMB but it seems as they've been vastly outnumbered by the mouth-breathing table jumpers. That can't be all of it though. 

I think the Bills have finally broken some of you when I read that you'd rather miss the playoffs than get knocked out in the first round if Tyrod is the QB.

We have a realistic shot at the postseason for the first time in forever and there is zero buzz around here. What's the deal?

EDITED by Moderator. No Name Calling.

I can understand your frustration at the lack of buzz, but surely you and the rest of us have seen this movie before and we all know how it ends. We fall just short because of one stupid loss (insert your selected game here). A winnable game blown by drops, officiating, bad coaching or acts of God. Its Charlie Brown kicking the football for the Bills whenever we are in this situation and the mirage of the playoffs is always cruelly taken away.  At the same time do you have any confidence that TT can get it done vs the Fins in Miami? I really wanted TT to play the game of his life last week vs the Pats but he was really lacking when it mattered most. He just doesn't seem to have it when he needs to take the team on his back.  So you can probably understand that most fans have little optimism that we can finally get over the hump on Sunday.

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

I agree. In ‘04, it was ‘Win & In’. Not the case here at all.

(BTW, OP, I’m still in holiday mode, though it’s fading fast. Next time you refer to a group of posters you don’t agree with as “idiots” will have consequences. See edited original post)

Respectfully, if memory serves me I do not believe '04 was "win and your in."  It became that as everything we needed to happen fell into place and an opportunity against Pittsburgh back-ups was missed.  I thought we need (at least) the Jets to lose, and they did.  

I just don't remember it being win and your in.

EDIT:  Yeah, we would have beat the Jets in a tie-breaker.  The Jets were 10-4 and then they lost their last two games, the last one in OT.  

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

It's nice to have a meaningful game going into the last week of the season.  And I could have sworn that in 2004 when we lost to the Steeler backups, it wasn't a win and your in sort of deal.  If memory serves me right, a team or two had to lose and they did.

Bills just focus on winning and let the rest sort itself out.  

57 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

This isn't the type of roster that builds for the future. There is still a major overhaul of the roster coming. There are a couple players, White and Dawkins, but other than that nothing real exciting about the future. 

Like I said, it's a weird season. 

This is to dispel the doom and gloom and I don't believe I have rose colored glasses on. This is my "way out on a limb post" I agree that we are mediocre and I agree roster change will occur but there are way more pieces than White and Dawkins. I'm going way out on a limb but I believe regardless of what happens down the stretch this year. 

2018-2019

Defense:

Hyde,Power, (Gains reisigned hopefully) White, Johnson secondary is outstanding. Add Late rounder

Milano, Brown, Humber are avg/high motor. Add Mid Rounder

Lawson, Washington, K-Will (if he doesn't retire), Hughes, and other rotational are below avg. A DT grinder and a sure fire pass rush end are needed and the Defense will be top 10 for sure. Lawson was playing the run lights out until he was hurt. 

(Ranking 7 in yards and 4 in points allowed)

Offense- 

Glenn (healthy), incognito, Groy(center), wood (shift to guard and he'll be good for a couple more seasons), Dawkins the online is fixed with Glenn's health and Draft another tackle and Center. (Solid line)

QB who knows Nate Peterman, Josh Allen, Ryan Finley (All bets are off if Tyrod Wins a playoff game though), I wanted Tyrod to be more but he is Flutie light on a good day?(Glaring weakness) If they take Allen and Finley between the 3 one will hopefully be the guy. 

RB- Lesean, (Cadet if he comes back from IR) draft a stud HB and FB there are plenty in this draft

TE Clay (one more Year), O'Leary (some much better than we give him credit for), Logan Thomas (continue to develop)

WR Kelvin Benjamin (healthy), Jordan Mathews (healthy), Donte Thompson (Healthy), Zay Jones plus draft a couple studs (top tier)

(Ranking 15 in yards and 12 in points scored) 

Draft thoughts:

pick 1 R1- QB

Pick 2 R1- DT

Pick 1 R2- WR

Pick 2 R2- RB

Pick 1 R3- OT

Pick 2 R3- QB

Pick 1 R4- LB

Late rounds RB, LB, DB, OL

Free Agent acquisition:

DE- Muhammad Wilkerson 

2018-2019

Record prediction-11-5 AFC east champions (even with Tyrod) 12-4 with improved QB play

15 minutes ago, Magox said:

It's nice to have a meaningful game going into the last week of the season.  And I could have sworn that in 2004 when we lost to the Steeler backups, it wasn't a win and your in sort of deal.  If memory serves me right, a team or two had to lose and they did.

Bills just focus on winning and let the rest sort itself out.  

Yeah, see my above post.

Crazy, that the Jets were 10-4 and almost took themselves right out of the playoffs.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I agree. In ‘04, it was ‘Win & In’. Not the case here at all.

(BTW, OP, I’m still in holiday mode, though it’s fading fast. Next time you refer to a group of posters you don’t agree with as “idiots” will have consequences. See edited original post)

Jets had to lose in 04 to the Rams, which they did. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm with the OP

I don't give a damn about next season yet.

A CHANCE...WE HAVE A CHANCE TO GET IN

I WANT TO GET EXCITED ABOUT WILD-CARD WEEKEND.  

I'm tired of the not good enough, blah blah blah. Get in, end the drought, have some excitement around a playoff game. Anyone hoping we don't make it or depressed into thinking it's a loss before it happens shouldn't be watching sports. ANYTHING can happen. Period.

• Like (+1) 2