What QB do you want to draft.

QB draft  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your QB

25 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I think Rudolph has a higher floor than any other QB not named Rosen or Darnold. He could be sitting right in our laps with that 1st pick, we won't have to move or do anything, use the other picks to build a solid team around him.

I agree. Plus I still would like to see what we have in Peterman. I wouldn't mind having a young QB pit

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

5:15

Ahhh yes.  I was looking at the time on ESPN and thinking they were giving me est since that's what they normally do.  I'm on central time.  It said 4:15 and I was thinking that was est since that's the time zone they normally give for MNF.

5 hours ago, BBills88 said:

Mason Rudolph showed forward progress in all 4 years. I believe in the Bill Parcels model when it comes to picking QB's. (Bledsoe,Romo)

Parcells had a pretty mixed bag of results when it came to QB's. 

However, I'd love to have someone like a young Drew Bledose or Romo (at any point as long as he's healthy) as our QB.

How bout I throw a new name in the mix who might enter the NFL draft and have a chance to go high in the draft.....What does everyone think of Drew Lock from Missouri. He’s 6’4 or 6’3 225 and put together an incredible stretch of games this year to turn that Missouri program around this year. 

He’s a little more raw than the other guys and had a lower completion percentage at 57% but he pushes the ball vertically more than most college guys. Had 44 TDS and 13 INTS this year. Not advocating for him but he will prob be a 2nd round pick if he comes out and thought he was worth bringing up

7 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

How bout I throw a new name in the mix who might enter the NFL draft and have a chance to go high in the draft.....What does everyone think of Drew Lock from Missouri. He’s 6’4 or 6’3 225 and put together an incredible stretch of games this year to turn that Missouri program around this year. 

He’s a little more raw than the other guys and had a lower completion percentage at 57% but he pushes the ball vertically more than most college guys. Had 44 TDS and 13 INTS this year. Not advocating for him but he will prob be a 2nd round pick if he comes out and thought he was worth bringing up

IMO, Lock stays at Missouri one more year.

The only thing against Mayfield that I can see is his size. Darnold's comp % is crap. 

Is there anything in the system that Mayfield plays in that's a red flag - like for Rudolph? A system that inflates numbers for the QB in college, but won't translate well to the pros? 

I mean, I've seen them all play and Mayfield looks like Superman to me. He's the only one that really impresses. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

The only thing against Mayfield that I can see is his size. Darnold's comp % is crap. 

Is there anything in the system that Mayfield plays in that's a red flag - like for Rudolph? A system that inflates numbers for the QB in college, but won't translate well to the pros? 

I mean, I've seen them all play and Mayfield looks like Superman to me. He's the only one that really impresses. 

My biggest concern about Mayfield is that he has a lot of success via the "just chuck it" method. And while that may work at the college level, half of those iffy college completions will be picks at the NFL level. I also dont think he's mentally ready to become a professional. But that's only from what we see in the news, I've never met or interviewed him.

With Rudolph, I dont care about the stats really. I know he isnt going to put up ~400yds and 50 pts each game. What I DO like about OkSt's system and Rudolph's success in it, is that it requires the QB to throw the ball, with timing, and with accuracy. You dont see Rudolph holding onto it much. One-thousand-one, one-thousand-two, ball is out. And hitting his receiver in stride, allowing him to gain YAC.

JMO.

edit: I will say though, Mayfield could win me over by shining in the playoffs and leading his team to a championship. It's what swayed me on Deshaun Watson last year.

Edited by DrDawkinstein