What QB do you want to draft.

QB draft  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your QB

8 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Well if the Bills wasted a 1st on Lamar Jackson I would expect them to take a more traditional QB later just like the Skins did.

These running backs playing QB are one hit from IR.

After watching Tyrod and knowing the fairly dismal history of ultra athletic running QBs in the NFL I was not eager for Jackson. But y'know Tyrod would actually be a top shelf QB if he was good in the passing game. Jackson has made strides in that regard and after seeing what Watson was able to do in Houston I think he may be a great prospect in the right O with the right coordinator. That is likely not Dennison though. Still if we haven't yet pulled the trigger and he's there for us when we use our first pick in the second round Bills should jump IMO. Thing is he won't be there. I expect 6 QBs to go in the first round (assuming the juniors declare).

Personally I'd like Rosen or Darnold but that's not happening.

2 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

I think Mayfield fits all these Bucky Brooks must haves.

Five traits that matter:

Intelligence 
Leadership
Competitiveness
Grit (Resilience/Perseverance)
Clutch Factor (Can he perform under pressure?)

So does Lamar Jackson

1 hour ago, wppete said:

I would add Luke Falk of Washington State on this list. I prefer Luke Falk over Mason Rudolph and Lamar Jackson. 

Luke Falk reminds me of Tony Romo with his play. 

So , you want a player that reminds you of a QB that has never won a NFL playoff game?

10 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Mayfield or Allen

Rosen comes across as an entitled B word.

Lamar Jackson would be TT V2

I'm not a fan of Josh Rosen because of his attitude. Yes, he has the tools to be a great NFL QB but his maturity comes in question to me. Like I said in different posts, he reminds me of Jeff George/Jay Cutler.

40 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

2018 Draft both Rd 1 picks and probably a 3rd or 4th rd pick

plus

2019 Draft Rd 1 pick

That would get the Bills the #1 overall this year. But if they want Darnold they have to get the #1 overall, otherwise it aint worth it.....

I think that is too much to give up for any player, QB or not.  Darnold is a good prospect, but not so good to give away all of that.  If you do that deal, you had better be 100% sure that Darnold will be a top 5 QB in the league.

59 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

If there's a clear #1 prospect, and we go get him, what is there to complain about?  Are we supposed to pretend the Bills should have known #4 was going to be the best?

No. I'm just saying go in knowing it's not necessarily going to be the magic bullet. If we do pick someone high, don't freak out if they aren't perfect right off the bat. if they move on from Taylor and start the rookie, don't lose your minds if we go 4-12. And for heaven's sake, don't make judgments in OTA's!

You should add other to the choices as I think the only way this team drafts a franchise QB is simply not a very good team building strategy.  Yes, a franchise QB is necessary for a true winner, BUT its not sufficient in that a bad team with a franchise QB is still a bad team.

Ben Rosenberger brought Pitt an SB win, but he was the essential added piece to a very good Steelers team. 

The Bills will build a winner by using the multiple early draft picks to get the multiple solid players needed to make this a good team that a franchise QB turns into great players and puts over the top.  Adding the 2018 version of Andrew Luck makes the Bills Indy. 

1 hour ago, the skycap said:

Lamar Jackson would be TT V2 with a higher ceiling. 

The future of the QB in the NFL is a QB with the ability to throw from the pocket and have the wheels to get away from pressure. There is no QB coming out better than Lamar Jackson in doing so. Provided he declares. 

People keep saying this yet...

I liked Clayton Thorson but he's returning to Northwestern for his senior season.

If we can’t grab Cousins then trade the house for Darnold.

Get a QB and we can fix the other issues. The Bills for years have neglected the QB position and that’s why we are where we are.

Get Cousins or Darnold. No excuses. Make it happen.

4 hours ago, KingRex said:

You should add other to the choices as I think the only way this team drafts a franchise QB is simply not a very good team building strategy.  Yes, a franchise QB is necessary for a true winner, BUT its not sufficient in that a bad team with a franchise QB is still a bad team.

Ben Rosenberger brought Pitt an SB win, but he was the essential added piece to a very good Steelers team. 

The Bills will build a winner by using the multiple early draft picks to get the multiple solid players needed to make this a good team that a franchise QB turns into great players and puts over the top.  Adding the 2018 version of Andrew Luck makes the Bills Indy. 

The Rams and Eagles were bad teams during Wentz's and Goff's rookie years.  Those two teams made changes and added talent in their sophomore years, and now are both playoff teams.

The sure way to blow this is to take the approach the the Browns took towards their QB.  Trade out of the opportunity to draft a franchise QB for more picks; target QBs with lesser talent later in the draft thinking they're good enough to get by; sign aging veterans to bridge the gap for a franchise QB who is never coming.

9 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Going to cost a fortune in draft capital to move up and get him though.

I think you draft a tier 2 guy sign a Vet who fits the system and use the rest of the picks to get this team where it should be.

Who cares. Are LA and PHI worrying about what their cost was for Goff and Wentz

9 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The NFL Advisory Committee (or whatever they are called) gave him a “return to school” meaning that he isn’t projected as a 1st or 2nd rounder.

You can’t likely get Rosen or Darnold as the Browns and Giants will take them top 2. Indy at 3 is your first trade up option.

Browns and Giants both will sell the pick if the package is right

• Like (+1) 1

If the Bills don't have a shot at Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield I hope they stay put & draft best available. If a QB that has upside slips to them in the later rounds, cool, but DO NOT trade back up into the first & reach for a guy that you're not in love with just because there's nobody else left & you want a QB badly.

We tried that with JP Losman, after Manning, Rivers & Ben were taken.