Is Doug Marrone this evil?

PromoTheRobot

I think the Bengals upset the Ravens.  Cinci plays good ball in Baltimore.

Im sure the Jags don’t want to get swept by Tenn and then likely have to play them a 3rd time.

my main concern is the Bills winning in Miami. I can see the other stuff happening but the Bills blowing it 

There was an intense PR campaign to make Marrone look bad after the 9-7 season. 20/20 hindsight, the NFL might have made a deal with the Pegulas to bring in Rex Ryan to bring more attention to the team. I always felt the Marrone hatred was weird, and the way the local media piled on. Something was always off about it. 

8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If the Steelers win today (already up 10-0) does it take away any incentive from the Jags to beating the Titans? (Someone please let me know if that's correct.)

So if next week's game is that meaningless, would Doug Marrone tank a game in order to keep the Bills from the playoffs? The only reason I can imagine he wouldn't is it would negatively affect his W/L record.

I think it would be an added benefit for him, yes.

On 12/25/2017 at 2:32 PM, MJS said:

I doubt he is thinking about the Bills at all when making such a decision.

This.  While I get why someone might have this thought pop into his head, I can assure you Doug Marrone could care less about the Bills playoffs hopes and is more concerned about his team just losing to the Niners and isn't going to want to go into the postseason losing 2 in a row.  

Its hard enough to win in the NFL, the last thing you want to do is start messing with your teams psyche just because you want to pee in someone else cereal for no benefit to the team what so ever.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

This.  While I get why someone might have this thought pop into his head, I can assure you Doug Marrone could care less about the Bills playoffs hopes and is more concerned about his team just losing to the Niners and isn't going to want to go into the postseason losing 2 in a row.  

Its hard enough to win in the NFL, the last thing you want to do is start messing with your teams psyche just because you want to pee in someone else cereal for no benefit to the team what so ever.  

People just like to poop on Doug because he left town. Marrone may have been a Summer's Eve but he wasn't the problem at OBD.

On 12/25/2017 at 5:17 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

If the Steelers win today (already up 10-0) does it take away any incentive from the Jags to beating the Titans? (Someone please let me know if that's correct.)

So if next week's game is that meaningless, would Doug Marrone tank a game in order to keep the Bills from the playoffs? The only reason I can imagine he wouldn't is it would negatively affect his W/L record.

I think he has more of an incentive to beat Titans to get Bills into playoffs.  The Jaguars defense favorably matches up against the Bills better than other teams IMO.  And they certainly do not want to play the same team twice in a row which would give Titans incentive to injure players to do better next game.