Does the Miami rivalry still matter?

SDS

Does the Miami rivalry still matter?  

369 members have voted

1. 1. Does the Miami rivalry still matter?

• Yes
    • No

They are in our division, and better than the Jersey Jets so yeah definitely.

If you want to get into the playoffs, you have to kick @$$ in your division and dominate @ home.  We play them at home EVERY year without fail, not to mention TWICE a year total. So yeah, if we wanna compete it better matter! 

If we split with the Patricheats (win @ home, lose in MASS), sweep the Jersey Jets and sweep the Miami Porpoises we most likely at the least win a wildcard spot, maybe the division.

30 minutes ago, K-9 said:

0 for the 70s. 

‘Nuff said. 

It's 2018 (basically). I'm over it. The Bills will never get a chance to get revenge on Bob Griese, Larry Csonka, and Don Shula....it's over. Just like they will never get close to getting revenge on Brady and Belichick (even f they win every game against them for the rest of their careers).

This is  false stoking of some kind of affront to stir emotions about something that is pretty meaningless.  

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, OJABBA said:

It's 2018 (basically). I'm over it. The Bills will never get a chance to get revenge on Bob Griese, Larry Csonka, and Don Shula....it's over. Just like they will never get close to getting revenge on Brady and Belichick (even f they win every game against them for the rest of their careers).

This is  false stoking of some kind of affront to stir emotions about something that is pretty meaningless.  

It’s not false stoking of anything. I was asked whether or not the Miami rivalry still matters. I said “yes” and explained why. End of story. Your views are your own and more power to you for holding those views. 

As to the larger meaning, it’s just a fricken football game. There has never been nor will there ever be something to “get over” when it comes to a football game. It’s just not that important in the scheme of things. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Another Fan said:

Since 2007 we are 11-10 against the Fish.  10-12 for that matter against New Jersey.

So yes these two teams feel more like real rivalries in that it's more even. 

You raise a good point here. Given that it’s been a 16 year race for 2nd place, I wonder if Phins and Jest fans wonder the same about whether or not rivalries with teams not named the Patriots still matter.

5 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Jets and Dolphins don't really matter anymore. My main fear is that New England becomes a franchise like Pittsburgh and Green Bay, a franchise that is good from here until the end of time.

is that a PRS in your avatar ?

until we can climb over the Jets and Dolphins for seed to at least play those nast Bostonians. it's full on.

The Kelly/Marino/Cox days are still fresh in my mind, but with the Bills being bad for nearly two decades and the Dolphins not being a hell of a lot better, the rivalry has definitely been tempered some.

That said, I voted yes, solely because we're still in the same division.

Someday, both teams will be good (aka - have decent QBs) again - and the head-to-head matchups will mean something again.

Just don't care, I think with free agency leading to high player turn over and we both have been losers, there just isn't that hate.

Maybe if we both get good and meet in the championship game it could rekindle.

For me personally I don't think I could really hate them again as it is just football and there are more important things to be angry about.

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Just don't care, I think with free agency leading to high player turn over and we both have been losers, there just isn't that hate.

For me personally I don't think I could really hate them again as it is just football and there are more important things to be angry about.

Hate does not define Rivalry my friend

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Not sure how old you are, but as I've aged (I'll be 47 next month), this is how I feel more and more each year.

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Indeed!

I think @Chef Jim is about 80 and he's gotten to the point where he doesn't even know who the Bills are playing on any given Sunday.

Wow! Didn't realize he was this old. However I don't see my self getting to the point as I'm too active one here lol. I never pay attention to the schedule though as its just another team, on to the next game.

15 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

It's a Gibson.

well it aint no Standard Les Paul with  them swervy curls and cut outs unless the pic is distorted.

I have a couple of them. One is  a sunburst.

;)

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Indeed!

I think @Chef Jim is about 80 and he's gotten to the point where he doesn't even know who the Bills are playing on any given Sunday.

Must be nice

• Haha (+1) 1