Comprehensive "Tyrod Taylor is Bad" Thread (VERY Comprehensive)

BigDingus

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

We are so smart when it comes to getting rid of players, but they all seem to do better once they get away from Buffalo? Why is that? I suspect it will be the same with Taylor.

Based on what ?   The 2300 yards passing ? ???

• Haha (+1) 1

Great post.  He is a slightly below average QB at best and it's been apparent for nearly 2 full seasons.  Anybody who thinks he's anything more than that has no understanding of what a good QB looks like.  His disappearing acts, where the offense goes into hiding for 20-40 minute stretches of a game is what happens when you have a poor QB. 

And let's remember the entire league agreed that Tyrod is a poor QB.  All of the QB needy teams in this league....... and not one was interested in him, which is why he accepted the $10M paycut.

Being near the league lead in 3 & out % in all 3 yrs. w/ him as a starter pretty much defines his time here.  It's infuriating, but we've come to realize, it's who he is.  A slightly below avg. QB.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Estro said:

Great post.  He is a slightly below average QB at best and it's been apparent for nearly 2 full seasons.  Anybody who thinks he's anything more than that has no understanding of what a good QB looks like.  His disappearing acts, where the offense goes into hiding for 20-40 minute stretches of a game is what happens when you have a poor QB. 

And let's remember the entire league agreed that Tyrod is a poor QB.  All of the QB needy teams in this league....... and not one was interested in him, which is why he accepted the $10M paycut.

Being near the league lead in 3 & out % in all 3 yrs. w/ him as a starter pretty much defines his time here.  It's infuriating, but we've come to realize, it's who he is.  A slightly below avg. QB.

According to some posters he will tear it up, if he is put in the perfect situation, on any other team....too bad nobody wanted him. 

• Like (+1) 1

For someone with a great name and avatar... Just damn... such a disappointment. I'm not sure what you are even thinking you'll achieve with this post.

And one thing I'm confused about is why you would cite him as having the 11th and 12th best passing offenses. Isn't that about where people who like Tyrod rate him? Doesn't that kind of support, wait, he was decent for a moment, then you got this coaching staff in, changed schemes, and got rid of all his receivers, and that's a big part of his issues?

Also, gonna throw in a drive by Zay Jones sucks and see if I can hijack this thread, because that dude is garbage.

Tyrod isn't great, but he isn't the worst. I don't know why people have to think it's one or the other. Of course I'd like to try to do better. I'd just like my team to try to do better by constantly taking shots on QBs in the draft and keep him around. Not dump him, and over pay for an Alex Smith or a Kirk Cousins. This team and fanbase but doesn't want to pay anyone, but then you mention Kirk Cousin's and you get people saying they'd drop 30 mil a year on him. I don't get that. 

Also, this team has treated Tyrod like **** in my opinion and he's been a pro. Not saying any of the people who don't like him are saying otherwise, I just respect the hell out of the dude for dealing with this ****ty team. I wouldn't have blamed him for losing it a long time ago. 

2 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

She won't.  She has a bunch of suckers perfectly content to swirl around 8--8 with TT.  Buy another jersey!

So what is your plan then? I don't disagree with the going 8-8 thing, it's annoying. It's part of the reason I find this season so frustrating, but is your plan to regress next year? Or do you honestly think this team can upgrade at QB instantly... That doesn't seem realistic to me. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 2

It isn't the successes Taylor has that people focus on, it's the failures.  His S/F ratio is decent but not good enough.  He fails to make makeable plays way too often.  Today on two occasions he took sacks on first down that critically affected the play calling and the scores.  And he's the chokemaster, completely unable to make plays when trailing in the fourth quarter.

He's an adequate QB for teams in two positions.  First, very strong defense, great supporting cast on the offense.  In other words, a situation where there are other guys who can make plays.  Second, a mediocre team for whom mediocrity is a step up.  And that's where the Bills have been.  He is NOT an adequate QB for a team that is learning to win but has so many holes that they need the QB to find ways to win.

My preferred option for next year is not to have the Bills spend all those draft picks moving up to take the third or fourth best QB in the draft, and failing to address all those holes at DT, DE, MLB, OLB, WR, OL.  Also RB since Shady is still great but is on borrowed time.  Putting a good rookie into this situation will turn him into a bad rookie.  Look what happened to Peterman when he had to face the ferocious pass rush of the Chargers.  I hope Peterman can recover.  Mayfield would have the same thing happen to him. 

So the Bills should draft to build the entire team, and pay a lot for an experienced FA QB who understands and can execute all aspects of the game.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

We are so smart when it comes to getting rid of players, but they all seem to do better once they get away from Buffalo? Why is that? I suspect it will be the same with Taylor.

It won't. He might have one 10 win year the way Fitzt did. But he will have more 7 or 8 win years. That is who he is. 

1 hour ago, Ol Dirty B said:

So what is your plan then? I don't disagree with the going 8-8 thing, it's annoying. It's part of the reason I find this season so frustrating, but is your plan to regress next year? Or do you honestly think this team can upgrade at QB instantly... That doesn't seem realistic to me. 

You see people said this to me last year. You can't upgrade.... there is nobody in  the draft.... there was an upgrade in the draft. And we passed. It is what we do. We are the Buffalo Bills. QB apparently doesn't matter here cos we are different. 

• Like (+1) 1

Mr. The Dingus,

While this is fairly exhaustive, I’m afraid you didn’t include a comparison to other Buffalo Greats of the past.

Would love to see how he stacks up against Stan Gelbaugh, Vince Feragamo, Dufek and Mathison....

To all the CoT ‘rs out there, I would bet my lefty that some of the above have better numbers than your beloved “ Best option next week.”

However, I’m sure this thread will do NOTHING to dissuade the “ True Believers”.

SAD, SAD, SAD!!!!!

8 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

Thanks for making this post.  It's clear as day to me that Tyrod is a major problem.

I agree man

Sadly some still like to blame everyone else. The D not only should stop a SB HOF QB the entire game they need to score more TDs because it is not the QB that is suppose to lead us to score.

46 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

On the 4th down play near the goaline yesterday, he looked down McCoy and threw the ball at his feet. That was sad.

I would like to see the offensive stats for this year vs last year. Dennison needs to be shown the door too.

Tyrods 3rd OC, hey the others did not last with him so of course he needs another one to try because it is not the limited QB it is the OC. Bring on #4. SMH

I am sure it is not that teams know to make Tyrod be a QB it is the OC that can not hide him well enough