Will Taylor ever learn to throw the ball away and avoid the sack?

Jerry Jabber

15 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The same amount as Brady threw pick sixes? :huh:  

Btw..........anymore inside info like your source that said the Bills were going to cut Lesean McCoy last offseason?  

Remember that?    Hot "insider" tip there........ho ho homie!:lol::lol::lol:

You are a complete joke dude.........sorry to tell you.:thumbsup:

As if I care what some ranting lunatic says about me online. 

I know your online "rep" is important to you little buddy, but no one actually cares. Merry Christmas.

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

My brother and I always say Tyrod is the guy who won't shoot the basketball at the end of a quarter/half, he don't want to hurt his shooting percentage.

Cares about hacking the stats more than anything 

27 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

Actually, the crew announcing the Jags/49ers game made a point to tell us that in THREE years with the Bills, Goodwin had 40-something catches, but THIS YEAR with the Niners he already has 50-something catches.

Why do so many players STINK when they are with the Bills, then go somewhere else and become much better players. Are the Bills a cancer? LOL

Because the Bills have not had a strong QB in a very long time. The Bills have gone to a running team to make up for the fact of having mediocre QB. When players go to other teams, they play in different systems. With the 49ers before Garropollo the 49ers threw the ball a lot because they were behind. Rams are just a good team with a good QB and offensive system.

1 hour ago, jmc12290 said:

Nooooooooo.

You simply cannot teach somebody who has made it to this level fundamental concepts like this.  He didn't learn it because he cannot learn it.

He is who is he is.  He doesn't need another OC or QB coach.  He needs to GO.

Around the age of 6 a child discovers the three dimensional concept and joy of throwing a ball to a spot where his target is heading, wind sometimes causes adjustments

Tyrod never bothered discovering this basic concept that a 6 year old boy or girl naturally develops 

1 hour ago, Jerry Jabber said:

It is very frustrating seeing Taylor hold onto the ball way too long, not throw the ball away and take the sack. This happened multiple times during the game. On one play and first and ten, Taylor could have thrown the ball away, but instead holds onto it way too long, gets sacked for a fifteen yard loss and it becomes 2nd and 25. This happened again on a third down late in the game by which Taylor fumbled.

r wilson just did the same thing in Cowboys game.  reeeelaaax

He's not going to go out & win games, but he can possibly not lose them for you. That's the best thing I can say about Tyrod.

And no, he's 7 seasons in the league. If he hasn't learned not to take those kinds of sacks by now, he never will.

Also, it's all Dennison's fault.

5 minutes ago, 8-8 Forever? said:

r wilson just did the same thing in Cowboys game.  reeeelaaax

But that's not Russell Wilson's MO, that's Tyrod's. Wilson makes plays or throws it away most of the time.

Every QB in history has taken sacks hanging onto the ball for too long. But that doesn't mean that's who they are as QBs. Tyrod on the other hand, that IS him. 

Edited by BigDingus

5 minutes ago, the skycap said:

I loved hearing Romo saying "throw it, throw it" and watching Tyrod holding the ball.

I’d like a dollar for every time Romo has said that or something to that effect in the three Bills games he’s covered. 

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

I’d like a dollar for every time Romo has said that in the three Bills games he’s covered. 

Or how many times you can hear him sigh in disappointment, followed by trying to as polite as possible in criticizing Tyrod. 

It sounds physically painful for him at times.

1 minute ago, BigDingus said:

Or how many times you can hear him sigh in disappointment, followed by trying to as polite as possible in criticizing Tyrod. 

It sounds physically painful for him at times.

Good point and why I edited my post to be more inclusive of all of Romo’s critiques.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, K-9 said:

Good point and why I edited my post to be more inclusive of all of Romo’s critiques.

Listening to Romo covering our games has been eye-opening. You can tell why coaches loved him, as he knows how to read a defense & knows what the offense SHOULD be doing.

And when it comes to QB's, he's on point with almost everything he says. He deserves the big bucks CBS is shelling out.

Just now, BigDingus said:

Listening to Romo covering our games has been eye-opening. You can tell why coaches loved him, as he knows how to read a defense & knows what the offense SHOULD be doing.

And when it comes to QB's, he's on point with almost everything he says. He deserves the big bucks CBS is shelling out.

I think Romo is already the best color analyst in history. His insights are keen an uncannily accurate. 

1 hour ago, Jerry Jabber said:

It is very frustrating seeing Taylor hold onto the ball way too long, not throw the ball away and take the sack. This happened multiple times during the game. On one play and first and ten, Taylor could have thrown the ball away, but instead holds onto it way too long, gets sacked for a fifteen yard loss and it becomes 2nd and 25. This happened again on a third down late in the game by which Taylor fumbled.

Well, most likely he's got one game left as a Bill. then none of this matters. 

During his illustrious career Tyrod has always held the ball too long. Never throws it away. Struggles with accuracy. Poor field vision. And even when he scrambles he gets run down by LB'S. He might very well start against miami but his career ended long before today. Just add him to the long list of failed journeyman quarterbacks to play in Buffalo.

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsfanAZ said:

You are right it goes beyond Taylor. Clay dropped an easy TD. They took away the Benjamin score. The defense couldnt slow down the Pats. There was no pass rush. Taylor looked decent to start and then he went back to his old habits....holding on to the ball too long, rolling out of the pocket to take a sack, and not seeing open WR's. When he was waiting for a dump pass on the other side of the field to McCoy to open up you can see two open WR's standing there. Benjamin didnt have a defender within 5 yards of him. Romo pointed out multiple times where Taylor was late to throw the ball. He even pointed to a Bills WR running up the sideline with a step on his man saying "this is the NFL, that receiver is open"

I rag on TT but you are 100% right. He will never be good enough to compensate for those mistakes. He's not the worst ever, just frustrating when the game dictates a real QB take over.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Jerry Jabber said:

I could care less what he learns as long as it in another teams uniform.

55 minutes ago, SDS said:

I know you have been defending Tyrod for sometime, but it's hard not to watch that game and see that he spit the bit whenever the pressure increased. He's adequate, but he's not someone who is going deliver winning results over the long run. He's just not that guy.

He's "adequate" when the defense funnels his action toward Brandon Tate and Tolbert..........two guys who can only exist offensively on the Buffalo Bills.

He's a lot better when given playmakers...........a guy who can lead an offense to near the top of the league in scoring.

Facts.

I realized this long ago.......about 1/3 of the way into 2015 I'd say..... but the Bills have seemed pretty determined to see if he could carry them.

You'd have thought a glimpse of him trying to get by LAST YEAR with Brandon Tate as his top WR target in Cinci would have told them it wasn't going to work without talent outside the hashes.

But.......no.

Had to double-down on suck by fielding the worst WR corps the Bills have fielded since they entered the NFL.

With the benefit of hindsight.........next season for instance...........color the entire world unsurprised that a 2017 Bills team with probably the least talent and depth of any defense in the entire NFL could lose on the road against the league's best team and GOAT QB.

But for now........they lost cuzza' Tyrod!!!!:lol:

It's been a fragile balancing act for this team all season........ZERO margin for error.......one mistake on offense and the fragile defense could come totally apart and be unable stop anything.

This week.......McDermott's ill-conceived 50 yard FG attempt on 4th and 1 was the straw that broke their back.

But as for Taylor being able to "deliver winning results over the long haul".........what does that even mean?

He'll finish his career in Buffalo with a winning record.

He's been opposite a flimsy defense and suspect special teams for most of that time and hasn't had much healthy WR talent at his disposal either.

Teams have even WON SB's with worse QB play.

So yeah........he's not Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers.    

But he's not been the problem either,  he's been the scapegoat.

You want great QB play Bills fans?   Encourage your team to draft a QB with their first pick in round 1 for ONCE  in 60 years.

You want to plug in late round picks like Taylor and bypass the process........own up to the shortcut and try to put talent around them.

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He's "adequate" when the defense funnels his action toward Brandon Tate and Tolbert..........two guys who can only exist offensively on the Buffalo Bills.

He's a lot better when given playmakers...........a guy who can lead an offense to near the top of the league in scoring.

Facts.

I realized this long ago.......about 1/3 of the way into 2015 I'd say..... but the Bills have seemed pretty determined to see if he could carry them.

You'd have thought a glimpse of him trying to get by LAST YEAR with Brandon Tate as his top WR target in Cinci would have told them it wasn't going to work without talent outside the hashes.

But.......no.

Had to double-down on suck by fielding the worst WR corps the Bills have fielded since they entered the NFL.

With the benefit of hindsight.........next season for instance...........color the entire world unsurprised that a 2017 Bills team with probably the least talent and depth of any defense in the entire NFL could lose on the road against the league's best team and GOAT QB.

But for now........they lost cuzza' Tyrod!!!!:lol:

It's been a fragile balancing act for this team all season........ZERO margin for error.......one mistake on offense and the fragile defense could come totally apart and be unable stop anything.

This week.......McDermott's ill-conceived 50 yard FG attempt on 4th and 1 was the straw that broke their back.

But as for Taylor being able to "deliver winning results over the long haul".........what does that even mean?

He'll finish his career in Buffalo with a winning record.

He's been opposite a flimsy defense and suspect special teams for most of that time and hasn't had much healthy WR talent at his disposal either.

You want great QB play Bills fans?   Encourage your team to draft a QB with their first pick in round 1 for ONCE  in 60 years.

You want to plug in late round picks like Taylor and bypass the process........own up to the shortcut and try to put talent around them.

The desperation to be the last defender of that scrub is mind boggling 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

What teams have had worse QB play than us that have won SB's? 

The 2000 Baltimore Ravens? They had the 22nd ranked passing offense, and 14th ranked offense overall. NOPE.

The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers? They had the 15th ranked passing offense and 18th ranked offense overall. NOPE.

The 2012 Baltimore Ravens? They had the 15th ranked passing offense, and 10th ranked offense overall. NOPE.

The 2015 Broncos? They had the 14th ranked passing offense, and the 19th ranked offense overall. NOPE.

The 2017 Bills? They have the 32nd ranked passing offense, and the 23rd ranked offense overall.

NO team has won a Super Bowl with a worse passing offense OR a worse ranked overall offense than the Bills under Tyrod. Unless you want me to go back to the 70's and check that out.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Today yes we can.  

Did you listen to Romo at all during the game.  He was spot on all game foretelling plays before the snap.  

Is this the same Tony Romo who never even played in a championship game in his LONG career.........despite having what was considered the most talented roster in the league surrounding him on multiple occasions?    

The Tony Romo known for cripplingly bad decisions?  And taking ridiculously stupid hits?

I like Romo as an announcer but he's to championship QB play analysis what Rex is to championship football coaching analysis.........actually that's unfair to Rex he ACTUALLY won a SB as an assistant and HC'd in a couple championships.:lol:

Try to keep something else in mind with Mr. Romo.........Tyrod can't sling the ball from the hip and make throws like Romo could......very few could.....Romo was a gifted thrower with a knack for losing important games despite fielding the better team.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Wait.......I thought Taylor threw for more yards than Brady today?...........damn goal posts keep movin'!:lol:

Funny that MG sealed the Bills fate with his TD today.........while the Bills were trying to use Mike Tolbert!

And the Rams.......who McD stocked with WR talent.........beat the Titans.......a bad loss for the Bills for their playoff chances.

And McD's hyper-conservatism reared it's ugly head with the 50 yd FG attempt on 4th and 1 from the Pats 32!:lol:

Rough look for ol' McD today!   

Show us you can learn, Sean.:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Bills lose= Blame the QB. 

It goes way beyond that which most Bills fans turn a blind eye to.

Look at the TT super fans.  ???

You guys are on crack if you didn’t see this game coming months ago.  

Hes just not good.      Use the white towel. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Is this the same Tony Romo who never even played in a championship game in his LONG career.........despite having what was considered the most talented roster in the league surrounding him on multiple occasions?    

The Tony Romo known for cripplingly bad decisions?  And taking ridiculously stupid hits?

I like Romo as an announcer but he's to championship QB play analysis what Rex is to championship football coaching analysis.........actually that's unfair to Rex he ACTUALLY won a SB as an assistant and HC'd in a couple championships.:lol:

Try to keep something else in mind with Mr. Romo.........Tyrod can't sling the ball from the hip and make throws like Romo could......very few could.....Romo was a gifted thrower with a knack for losing important games despite fielding the better team.

Ha ha imagine doubling down so hard on your TT takes that you attack a retired QB who had 10x the career because he dared criticize him.

I wish we had a "deranged" emoji.

15 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Let me stop you right there...

1. Romo didn't have "what was considered the most talented roster in the league surrounding him on multiple occasions" EVER. He had 1 year where that could've been argued, but that was at the very end of his career, with DeMarco Murray, a great O-line & Dez Bryant. Besides that, he has never had a stacked roster.

2. Romo was the main reason those Cowboys teams even stayed in contention most years! He played lights out and put the team on his back to carry them to wins they otherwise shouldn't have had. 

3. You don't have to be the best player ever to understand the game. That's why some of the best coaches in the league were backups in their playing days. Pay attention. That's how it is in EVERY sport. Michael Jordan was the best basketball player ever, does that mean he knows what to look for in evaluating talent? No. He drafted Kwame Brown, one of the biggest busts in NBA history...hmmm.

4. Romo set & beat all of the Cowboy's passing records because he was that good. He was also the only reason they won most of the games they did because the team revolved around him. How successful was Dan Marino in the playoffs? Guess he sucked too. 

5. Jerry Jones picked coaches that were "yes men" and made them pick players based on who he liked. It wasn't until his son took over the drafting responsibilities late in Romo's career that they started building a stacked team. They invested in the O-line and were smart in FA. Unlike Jerry who wanted to pay for flashy names & draft home-town favorites like Manziel. 

6. Romo has 25 4th quarter comebacks and is ranked 16th all time. Tyrod has 3...and is tied for 231st all time. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/comebacks_career.htm

7. From 2007 to 2016, no QB had a higher passer rating in the 4th Quarter than Tony Romohttp://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/04/tony-romo-clutch-4th-quarter-comebacks-game-winning-drives-stats

Now if stats & facts aren't your thing, you can keep your head in the sand and pretend Romo wasn't a great QB. You can also pretend that he doesn't know what he's talking about based on that play, as if the 2 are somehow related.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

The desperation to be the last defender of that scrub is mind boggling 

Dude........make one good decision IN YOUR LIFE......then come at me with what's mind boggling.:lol:

The problem with you guys is YOU NEVER LEARN.

As Kirby says.........least educated fanbase in the NFL.

Nobody has been more adamant for the last decade and a half on TSW than me about the importance of top QB play for long term, sustained success.............and yet the closer to draft day it gets the overwhelming vocal majority on TSW wants to opt-out and fill other roster holes and/or try to swap out Tyrod for some other teams Tyrod instead of INVESTING in a potential stud QB.

Bottom line...... just because the QB you have isn't great it doesn't mean that he's the thing that's keeping you from winning.

Early this year, I noticed Taylor throw the ball away a few times. I noted it because it felt like an area where his game improved over the off season. Since then though, I don't remember him doing it ever again. He would much rather see what happens when he tries to run. I don't know of any other QB who just refuses to throw it away like him. 

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Dude........make one good decision IN YOUR LIFE......then come at me with what's mind boggling.:lol:

Nobody has been more adamant for the last decade and a half on TSW than me about the importance of top QB play for long term, sustained success.............and yet the closer to draft day it gets the overwhelming vocal majority on TSW wants to opt-out and fill other roster holes and/or try to swap out Tyrod for some other teams Tyrod instead of INVESTING in a potential stud QB.

Bottom line...... just because the QB you have isn't great it doesn't mean that he's the thing that's keeping you from winning.

But he is. The 32nd ranked passing offense doesn't get better keeping the same QB. We've had 3 seasons with him, we've been at the bottom of the league in each of those seasons. It's a passing league. We've run several OC's out of town (with now people campaigning to run Dennison out too). We can keep spinning the wheels but ultimately we need a change at QB if we're ever going to find success.

We had a LOADED team in 2014, just a QB away, yet that didn't happen & the rest is history. Now that same OC you guys hated, along with the HC that hired him has made the Jaguars a contender. 

I'm educated, and can prove it to anyone who wants to question where I get my info. I provide stats, backup what I'm saying with actual info. And it all corresponds with what I see on the field. You can claim people that want Tyrod to go are "uneducated" but in reality, they see a 7 year vet who has regressed each year and struggles to even score 1 TD a game. 

21 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Is it your assertion that Romo doesn’t have the bona fides to accurately comment on QB play during the course of a game because he didn’t have ultimate success as a player in his 13 seasons? Really? 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah im not one of them. I’d be happy if they traded their first three rounds to move up to 1 or two.

• Like (+1) 1

Forget him learning anything or changing. We've seen everything he can do. Let tyrod go piss some other fan base off.

I've been reading 49ers comments, on how a qb just added  is making a huge impact and has won 4 in a row, and how they don't have to take a gamble on a qb in the draft. And they're all excite.

Jimmy G is playing great. 

And to think Tyrod taylor has fans backing him. And blaming coaches for his suck ass performances. ZERO TDs vs pats this year. Tyrod gave us no chance to win.

Weapons, coaches, pass plays are not the issue.. Tyrod is. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Let me stop you right there...

1. Romo didn't have "what was considered the most talented roster in the league surrounding him on multiple occasions" EVER. He had 1 year where that could've been argued, but that was at the very end of his career, with DeMarco Murray, a great O-line & Dez Bryant. Besides that, he has never had a stacked roster.

2. Romo was the main reason those Cowboys teams even stayed in contention most years! He played lights out and put the team on his back to carry them to wins they otherwise shouldn't have had. 

3. You don't have to be the best player ever to understand the game. That's why some of the best coaches in the league were backups in their playing days. Pay attention. That's how it is in EVERY sport. Michael Jordan was the best basketball player ever, does that mean he knows what to look for in evaluating talent? No. He drafted Kwame Brown, one of the biggest busts in NBA history...hmmm.

4. Romo set & beat all of the Cowboy's passing records because he was that good. He was also the only reason they won most of the games they did because the team revolved around him. How successful was Dan Marino in the playoffs? Guess he sucked too. 

5. Jerry Jones picked coaches that were "yes men" and made them pick players based on who he liked. It wasn't until his son took over the drafting responsibilities late in Romo's career that they started building a stacked team. They invested in the O-line and were smart in FA. Unlike Jerry who wanted to pay for flashy names & draft home-town favorites like Manziel. 

6. Romo has 25 4th quarter comebacks and is ranked 16th all time. Tyrod has 3...and is tied for 231st all time. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/comebacks_career.htm

7. From 2007 to 2016, no QB had a higher passer rating in the 4th Quarter than Tony Romohttp://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/04/tony-romo-clutch-4th-quarter-comebacks-game-winning-drives-stats

Now if stats & facts aren't your thing, you can keep your head in the sand and pretend Romo wasn't a great QB. You can also pretend that he doesn't know what he's talking about based on that play, as if the 2 are somehow related.

He often had very talented teams and was known for losing important games.

Despite clear talent and big numbers whether he was a good enough QB to lead the Cowboys to a title was oft-questioned to say the least.

His Cowboys routinely underachieved......but once he did get homefield advantage with Wade as his HC.........and IMMEDIATELY lost.

Also had great talent around him last year when he took that outrageously stupid preseason hit that knocked him into retirement.

20 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Is it your assertion that Romo doesn’t have the bona fides to accurately comment on QB play during the course of a game because he didn’t have ultimate success as a player in his 13 seasons? Really? 

You want an assertion.......how about that Tony Romo has probably been THE MOST SCRUTINIZED decision-making QB in NFL history.:lol:

His career was LITTERED with instances of bone-head decisions where he trusted his arm or body far too much.

Tyrod and Romo are on two opposite sides of the decision making spectrum.

Neither will probably ever win a SB...........but we already know one of them will never even reach a championship game LET ALONE a SB.

Amirite or amirite?

Romo and Rex are both excellent analysts though...........just more entertaining than right.:thumbsup:

18 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He often had very talented teams and was known for losing important games.

Despite clear talent and big numbers whether he was a good enough QB to lead the Cowboys to a title was oft-questioned to say the least.

His Cowboys routinely underachieved......but once he did get homefield advantage with Wade as his HC.........and IMMEDIATELY lost.

Also had great talent around him last year when he took that outrageously stupid preseason hit that knocked him into retirement.

You want an assertion.......how about that Tony Romo has probably been THE MOST SCRUTINIZED decision-making QB in NFL history.:lol:

His career was LITTERED with instances of bone-head decisions where he trusted his arm or body far too much.

Tyrod and Romo are on two opposite sides of the decision making spectrum.

Neither will probably ever win a SB...........but we already know one of them will never even reach a championship game LET ALONE a SB.

Amirite or amirite?

Romo and Rex are both excellent analysts though...........just more entertaining than right.:thumbsup:

Is he qualified or not to provide his insight and analysis?