CNN losing credibility as each day passes... Its pure propaganda at this point

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

The people who are watching @FoxNews, in record numbers (thank you President Trump)  

He sure does love himself?

I'm curious ...  Was he being sarcastic? 

He’s jealous of Kim’s media coverage in NK. Seriously, this guy just wants a Celebration of Trump everyday. Maybe they should have little angels flying around singing “Did you hear? Trump is great, Trump is great!” 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

The people who are watching @FoxNews, in record numbers (thank you President Trump)  

He sure does love himself?

I'm curious ...  Was he being sarcastic? 

Doubtful. Chris Wallace is definitely not Pro-Trump or pro-Republican party. Chris Wallace is a registered Democrat.

As a matter of fact, FoxNews is not pro Trump. The last time people did the media bias study it found Fox ran negative Trump/the Trump Administration stories 52% of the time. Positive stores were 48% of the time. That indicates a fairly balances station, but since the negative pieces are more than 50%, it is not pro.

And, you must have missed it. Trump has been recommending OANN. ?  Now, that network is definitely pro-Trump. I am not certain I have ever seen a piece that shows Trump/the Trump administration in a negative light on OANN, although I must admit I seldom watch the network (sometimes when waiting for a presser to start, and then youtube clips).

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

Here is a trivia question. What is the Exchange Stabilization Fund?

I think it provides funds to help exchange when markets are out of balance. 

Government support of the free market ?(Is that oxymoronic?) 

33 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I think it provides funds to help exchange when markets are out of balance. 

Government support of the free market ?(Is that oxymoronic?) 

Why guess when you can research EXACTLY what it is? Good luck, as you clearly need it. Time to catch some rays.?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Expert.jpg

CNN’s ‘Reliable Sources’ newsletter quotes anti-Trump actor to support claim that the president’s insane

CNN’s “Reliable Sources” host Brian Stelter has been known to host such sources as reliable as Michael Avenatti, Dan Rather and others on a regular basis, but the show also has a newsletter that’s equally credible.

The topic at hand in one section of Monday’s newsletter is President Trump’s sanity, and the experts quoted include actor Bryan Cranston:

“Reliable Sources” y’all!

• Haha (+1) 3

8 hours ago, B-Man said:

Expert.jpg

CNN’s ‘Reliable Sources’ newsletter quotes anti-Trump actor to support claim that the president’s insane

CNN’s “Reliable Sources” host Brian Stelter has been known to host such sources as reliable as Michael Avenatti, Dan Rather and others on a regular basis, but the show also has a newsletter that’s equally credible.

The topic at hand in one section of Monday’s newsletter is President Trump’s sanity, and the experts quoted include actor Bryan Cranston:

Cranston's true personality is probably closer to Walter White  or  Hal from  Malcom in the Middle.

21 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

And, you must have missed it. Trump has been recommending OANN. ?  Now, that network is definitely pro-Trump. I am not certain I have ever seen a piece that shows Trump/the Trump administration in a negative light on OANN, although I must admit I seldom watch the network (sometimes when waiting for a presser to start, and then youtube clips).

OANN   LOL  Mainstream media.  

I've only heard of it via reports.  

I'll stick with the numerous news feeds I get from Yahoo. I can choose which to click and which to ignore.  

I agree that there has been a lot of push back from Fox News personalities.  Good on them for calling out FAKE news. 

Again it is about America and its people and not ratings.   

It is not a Reality TV popularity contest IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

OANN   LOL  Mainstream media.  

I've only heard of it via reports.  

I'll stick with the numerous news feeds I get from Yahoo. I can choose which to click and which to ignore.  

I agree that there has been a lot of push back from Fox News personalities.  Good on them for calling out FAKE news. 

Again it is about America and its people and not ratings.   

It is not a Reality TV popularity contest IMO. 

Yahoo is slanted way to the left. Take your pick of articles from the left or the far left. Nice.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

Maybe they will ask some hard questions of Biden?

Just kidding.  They will double down.

Actually yesterday one of the host people actually asked Pelosi a tough question and  Nancy literally stuttered a reply about Biden. It was only once but it was beautiful. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I didn't know where else to put this.   This was an article that was written by Matt Taibbi from Rolling Stones, and I sort of view him as a Sister Souljah journalist of the left.  He is a true and blue liberal and probably much more so than most of the mainstream media hacks.    Just a phenomenally written article and I highly recommend it for good reading.

This was a great take in the article:

Journalists are professional test-crammers. Our job is to get an assignment on Monday morning and by Tuesday evening act like we’re authorities on intellectual piracy, the civil war in Yemen, Iowa caucus procedure, the coronavirus, whatever. We actually know jack: we speed-read, make a few phone calls, and in a snap people are inviting us on television to tell millions of people what to think about the complex issues of the world.

-

I think this perfectly encapsulates the vapidity of how information is disseminated from people who are not knowledgeable about a topic who have clear biases on which source they want to absorb and how they relay that information to the masses who are unwilling to research it further and often times take what they hear as gospel from outlets that tend to reaffirm their confirmation bias.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 6

3 minutes ago, Magox said:

I didn't know where else to put this.   This was an article that was written by Matt Taibbi from Rolling Stones, and I sort of view him as a Sister Souljah journalist of the left.  He is a true and blue liberal and probably much more so than most of the mainstream media hacks.    Just a phenomenally written article and I highly recommend it for good reading.

-

I think this perfectly encapsulates the vapidity of how information is disseminated from people who are not knowledgeable about a topic who have clear biases on which source they want to absorb and how they relay that information to the masses who are unwilling to research it further and often times take what they hear as gospel from outlets that tend to reaffirm their confirmation bias.

Thanks! Spot on. Just watch any ‘news’ show these days and you’ll see the same people commenting on every story from disease, to politics, to the economy, to foreign wars! They’re not experts. They’re just people with opinions...like everyone else in America. And they are more often than not, not the brightest bulbs in the pack. Their lack of logical thinking and/or true factual analysis is downright stunning.

• Like (+1) 2

Matt is as talented a news pundit as we currently have. He is a staunch liberal, but somewhat like Turley and Dershowitz, he sees the real lay of the land and how the playing field is tilted so much that it can’t be countenanced with a clean conscience. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Magox said:

-

What happened to

• Like (+1) 1

Cronkite was as bad as any "jouro" out there now.  We had won the Tet Offensive in Nam, but after he was through "reporting" people were sure we had lost.  

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Cronkite was as bad as any "jouro" out there now.  We had won the Set Offensive in Nam, but after he was through "reporting" people were sure we had lost.  

Did we also win the game and match? :devil:

3 hours ago, Nanker said:

Matt is as talented a news pundit as we currently have. He is a staunch liberal, but somewhat like Turley and Dershowitz, he sees the real lay of the land and how the playing field is tilted so much that it can’t be countenanced with a clean conscience. 

I can understand different views I do not agree with.  What I really hate is the purely political, hypocrites who see it bad for one side, not bad for the other in similar circumstances. The Biden story is a great example.  When a R, believe the accuser and get no due process.  With a D, not credible and deserves due process.  Be consistent and while I may not agree, I can respect that person.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Magox said:

-

I never thought I'd be singing Matt Taibbi's and Glenn Grenwald's praises.  But here I am.

Completely disagree with their politics, but AFAIK the only left-leaning journalists who didn't abandon their principles despite what they think of the orange guy in the Oval.

My biggest issue with modern journalism is the lack of independent research and verification anyone does.  The job is basically parroting a 'scoop" another news outlet has put forward.

• Like (+1) 5

17 minutes ago, GG said:

I never thought I'd be singing Matt Taibbi's and Glenn Grenwald's praises.  But here I am.

Completely disagree with their politics, but AFAIK the only left-leaning journalists who didn't abandon their principles despite what they think of the orange guy in the Oval.

My biggest issue with modern journalism is the lack of independent research and verification anyone does.  The job is basically parroting a 'scoop" another news outlet has put forward.

Or following their bosses' direction in slanting stories a certain way. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

A reporter actually asked the White House Press Secretary if she would promise ‘not to lie to us today’. What? 

They can't have anyone cutting in on their action. "You want to lie to the people? That's OUR job, missy!"

;) 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1