Are the Bills fun to watch?

Billsfan1972

1 hour ago, Westside Madness said:

I feel as if this is a complicated question. On the surface, yes, they are amazing to watch. McCoy making impossible cuts, tyrod rolling out and not knowing if he is going to run or find a WR break loose. The secondary, when they are ball hawking is also good fun.

So, if I were not a Bills fan, I would love watching the Bills.

As a Bills fan, I have more vested. I ignore the amazing plays once we start to have 2-3 3 and outs. I ignore our secondary's success when RBs are cutting through us like hot butter.

So....mixed bag.

Really?  You think anyone outside Bills fans would turn on a Bills game.

Here is how if not a fan i choose a game.....

1.  Offense - Dynamic receivers and QB's capable of throwing a minimum of 300 yards.

2. A defensive front who sack QB's

3. Knowing that a game could be a 35-31 shootout

No I do not want to watch a team who's offensive philosophy is to grind out 8 minute drives & 50 yards and then a bend but not break defense hoping for a mistake or turnover.....

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

1.  Offense - Dynamic receivers and QB's capable of throwing a minimum of 300 yards.

No I do not want to watch a team who's offensive philosophy is to grind out 8 minute drives & 50 yards and then a bend but not break defense hoping for a mistake or turnover.....

Then don't watch them.  I will continue to watch and root for them as I have for 57 years now.

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Who the F cares?

The playcalling has been particularly nauseating this year. I have never been through a season where I expect the wide receivers to be non existant. Defensively I was on board until New Orleans game made them look like a high school team. I'll be watching this week with the hope only a Bills fan can muster. Brady is 40, Gronk will motivate and TT will play lights out.

received_1488582994506821.jpeg

I love football.  I love watching the strategy of the game and Buffalo has a solid strategy for the players they have.  I love watching defense.  The offense needs to get better but I don't care about needing to throw for 300 yards.  That's a lazy fans complaint in my opinion.  The fine details of strategy are the most intriguing to me and we do it differently than most teams that have a winning record and fans get upset by that.  

I find it exciting to watch the rookies and young players grow.  I watch a lot of football though.  I understand a fan that doesn't watch every second being bored by this year's team.  I love the game. It's all about strategy. Some only care about the surface product but there's a lot of excitement in watching growth in players, draft, free agency, waivers...all of the finer things that go into the game. 

This year and the transition that has occurred has had me on the edge of my seat all year.  I think we are moving in the right direction and that has me excited as well.  I'll be on the edge of my seat all offseason as well.  

I love a great defense, so they are fun to watch, but still have a very long way to go. Right now we have 2 good S's, 1 good DE and 1 good CB. The other 6 starting jobs are pretty wide open if we can stack some talent. I want one of those legendary defenses that even elite teams hate playing. The Bills haven't had that kind of defense since 1965, though they've had some pretty good ones.

Fun?  No.  Excruciatingly painful with the nerves continuing to build entering the 4th quarter with 17 years of Bills highlights of how they've blown leads ingrained in your head?  Yes.  I might have a problem though as I'm screaming at T. White to "go down you 'expletive' idiot" after the winning interception against the Chiefs as my in laws have pointed out.  Does anybody else on here find going to the games is less nerve wracking than watching the Bills on tv?

17 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

Nope, they can't throw the ball, like pretty much every other NFL team can...

Yeah.  But is a fun to watch Shady dancing through the secondary to the End zone!!!  That TD in the snow game was a thing of beauty that I cherish every time I see the replay.

7 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

You mean 26cornerblitz?

Agreed.

No one cares what you agree with fadingstain. 

7 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

What I'd give for some offense and a team not to play scared. 

So you want a team bulit like the Rams.  You're not getting that with McDermott.

I have watched 7 games in person and 7 on TV. I had much more fun watching them in person 6 of those times than any of the times on TV. That leads me to believe that A) results may vary based on alcohol consumption and B) no, they're probably not fun to watch

McCoy, Hyde and Poyer are fun to watch, the rest of the team not so much. Hopefully Benjamin can get and stay healthy next season.

The snow globe game against the Colts was fun as were games against the Raiders, Broncos and Chiefs.

The games against the Jets, Panthers, Saints, Chargers and patriots weren't much fun at all.

This team needs a QB that can pass the ball, a LB that hits like a Peterbilt doing 100MPH and a DE that can knock QB's around on a regular basis. We also need a less conservative game plan IMO. Playing not to lose is mostly boring.

So really I have reached the point after 45 years of watching the Bills, that they just are not that much fun to watch.

If it wasn't for the Peterman disaster, the Bills would be in the top 3 in least giveaways this year, which is their game plan.  No turnovers on offense, punts and field position....

3 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

McCoy, Hyde and Poyer are fun to watch, the rest of the team not so much. Hopefully Benjamin can get and stay healthy next season.

The snow globe game against the Colts was fun as were games against the Raiders, Broncos and Chiefs.

The games against the Jets, Panthers, Saints, Chargers and patriots weren't much fun at all.

This team needs a QB that can pass the ball, a LB that hits like a Peterbilt doing 100MPH and a DE that can knock QB's around on a regular basis. We also need a less conservative game plan IMO. Playing not to lose is mostly boring.

The snow game was okay as it was a snow game, not the play.....  The Raider game was only because it was a win, the Broncos an unexpected win and KC following three blowouts, was a win but not particularly fun.

TB wasn't bad (actually threw for over 260)......  And of course the first half vs. Miami due to seeing drives and offense.