Underrated signing

Hebert19

Cadet may not go down in history as a great or even good running back but when he comes in to spell shady I don't cringe like I did when Tolbert would come in. 

He's been a pleasant surprise running rather than just as a pass catcher.   He seems to get to the edge with ease.  

I have a hunch he will be part of the wrinkle we add this week for the pats.  His and shady both on field at same time.  Gives tyrod simple throws that could net big yards.  Beat the pats at their own game.  

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I like the idea.  Was a great signing.  He's got some toughness to him also in terms of looking to hit defenders.  

A good friend who is a Jets fan told me we struck gold when we signed Cadet. He thought Cadet was better than Powell and Forte, but wasn't given the opportunity for some reason.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

He's been fantastic. When McCoy comes out for a couple plays, you don't have to worry about a drop in production. You can run the same plays and get good results... Before, it was Tolbert up the middle for no gain.

I agree and it made a difference against Miami.

• Like (+1) 1

I agree on this as well. If he had been here earlier in the season, there is a game or two where he could've made a big difference. Still not sure why the Bills thought using an aging fullback to fill the RB2 spot was a good idea. 

2 hours ago, CLTbills said:

He's been fantastic. When McCoy comes out for a couple plays, you don't have to worry about a drop in production. You can run the same plays and get good results... Before, it was Tolbert up the middle for no gain.

Or a gain and a fumble! Tolbert will be unemployed next year.

2 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

A good friend who is a Jets fan told me we struck gold when we signed Cadet. He thought Cadet was better than Powell and Forte, but wasn't given the opportunity for some reason.

Cadet has more than earned the backup spot for next year. Whoever runs this offense needs to scrub the FB/HB nonsense. Use those roster spots in other ways....

3 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Cadet may not go down in history as a great or even good running back but when he comes in to spell shady I don't cringe like I did when Tolbert would come in. 

He's been a pleasant surprise running rather than just as a pass catcher.   He seems to get to the edge with ease.  

I have a hunch he will be part of the wrinkle we add this week for the pats.  His and shady both on field at same time.  Gives tyrod simple throws that could net big yards.  Beat the pats at their own game.  

Any signing that takes plays away from Tolbert would by default look like a genius move.

Bets thing that ever happened for Bills playoff chances was when Tolbert tweaked his hammy.

Edited by cba fan

3 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

I like the idea.  Was a great signing.  He's got some toughness to him also in terms of looking to hit defenders.  

...which means this gang lets the UFA walk....after all, Tolbert is a Pro-Bowler (so is Pete Webber) and we still have DiMarco, right?.......

28 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Cadet has more than earned the backup spot for next year. Whoever runs this offense needs to scrub the FB/HB nonsense. Use those roster spots in other ways....

While he's been very solid so far, I'd still be looking for a big back that can get a third and 1.  That is still a need for next year.