Jeff Fisher reportedly eyeing Browns HC job

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not yet but rumor is Dorsey will make the happen ...

another rumor is that he will trade Hue to the Bengals. Yes, trade. I know.

Maybe he'll trade Hue and picks for AJ McCarron leaving the Bills a chance to trade up for Rosen.

17 minutes ago, Manther said:

I heard Fisher was thinking Browns and Bears.  Poor Browns and Bears.  Reminds me of the Rex hire.  The game has passed him by.

The difference between Rex and Fisher (IMO) is Rex didn't care anymore.  But, they both have not adapted to the evolution of football.

And both worked under Buddy Ryan (Jeff was on those mid 80s Bears teams as a player) hmmmm

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

No one gets that long with his resume. As soon as he leaves the teams improve.

Actually you're incorrect. the Titans didn't get better.  They are 44 - 66 since he has left.

We're talking about 2 teams and of course the year he gets fired is going to look bad - that's why he was let go.  

6 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Actually you're incorrect. the Titans didn't get better.  They are 44 - 66 since he has left.

We're talking about 2 teams and of course the year he gets fired is going to look bad - that's why he was let go.  

They were 6-10 and then 9-7 in Tennessee so I’m not sure how that isn’t improvement? It’s pretty evident what’s going on with the Rams as well. They are a Super Bowl contender.

Jeff Fisher as a good coach is an odd hill to die on? He sucks. He’s kept a job longer than anyone would have in his situation. 

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Jeff Fisher as a good coach is an odd hill to die on? He sucks. He’s kept a job longer than anyone would have in his situation. 

Check out the hill wppete is on below...

56 minutes ago, wppete said:

Cleveland is nuts to get rid of Hue Jackson. He is a great coach now he has a real GM running the program and he will get quality players and a QB. Cleveland is looking up.

Holy cow.... wow

Edited by Mr. WEO

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They were 6-10 and then 9-7 in Tennessee so I’m not sure how that isn’t improvement? It’s pretty evident what’s going on with the Rams as well. They are a Super Bowl contender.

You're actually wrong again, they were 9-7 then 6-10 after he left  .... keep going, then they were 2-14 drafted Mariota then went 3-13.  He left them at 6-10, so one better year in the next 4 made them markedly better than when he was there?  I don't think so.  

I'm not dying on any hill,  just merely pointing out you're absolutely wrong about him being one of the worst ever.   The moment you say - I didn't really mean ever - then I'll stop.  

With his only good QB (McNair) they were good but he's consistently fielded teams that were a b**ch to play against.  It was no different in St. Louis - he got that defense playing nasty and that's what first started turning heads their way.

Edited by White Linen

1 minute ago, White Linen said:

.... keep going, then they were 2-14 drafted Mariota then went 3-13.

I'm not dying on any hill,  just merely pointing out you're absolutely wrong about him being one of the worst ever.   The moment you say - I didn't really mean ever - then I'll stop.  

He's actually overachieved as a head coach.  He's really only had one very good QB in his career and they were a fantastic team while he had him.  Minus a QB he's fielded teams that were a b**ch to play against.  It was no different in St. Louis - he got that defense playing nasty and that's what first started turning heads their way.

I did mean ever. Jeff Fisher is TERRIBLE. I’m surprised to see that he has a fan? As soon as he has left, the teams have gotten better. He’s a dinosaur that has been awful for a decade and a half. He’s an analog coach in a digital world. 

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I did mean ever. Jeff Fisher is TERRIBLE. I’m surprised to see that he has a fan? As soon as he has left, the teams have gotten better. He’s a dinosaur that has been awful for a decade and a half. He’s an analog coach in a digital world. 

I know you did - that's why I kept going.  I'm not a huge fan, just know the facts say he's had a decent career.  Each time I prove you wrong on the numbers you go right back to hyperbole.  He's built defensive teams awful to play against and it was no different in St.L/L.A.