Jeff Fisher reportedly eyeing Browns HC job

YoloinOhio

Have generally rooted against the guy since he upended the 1999 Bills.   Huge missed opportunity blown by special teams in a rare season when the SB was totally up for grabs and the Bills had the league's best defense.   !@#$ing Fisher and his HR Throwforward.   

Cleveland should hire Burt Reynolds he would be a more poplular hire than Fisher. And he has football experience from 2 Longest Yard movies and played at Florida State.

And then send Pegula jet to pick up Hue and be OC/Associate Head coach.

Edited by boco357

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not yet but rumor is Dorsey will make the happen ...

another rumor is that he will trade Hue to the Bengals. Yes, trade. I know.

I saw that too.  This would have to go down as the worst trade in all of sports history----by several orders of magnitude.

27 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

My 2 cents.   The last 2 seasons Cleveland dumped most if not all of their seasoned players and  kept and started every draft pick they selected.

That lack of talent may have been too much for Hue to overcome.    

They see him 2x a season, so they muck see something they like. 

No sympathy for clHueless Jackson.  He was present for all of those roster moves the past 2 years.  He's also the one who decided to roll with RG3 as his inaugural QB...bypassing truckloads of QB talent.  He was in the war room when all of those high round picks were made to put the current starters on his roster. 

They say "on any given Sunday"...yet Jackson is possibly the only HC in the modern era who has one a single game over 2 seasons.

Consider this....Chudzinski, Pettine and Shurmer were ALL more successful than Jackson with that awful franchise.

1 hour ago, White Linen said:

He had only 5.5 losing seasons in 16.5 years of coaching with the Oilers and Titans.  

He coached the Rams with Kellon Clemmons,  Austin Davis,  Bradford (got hurt), Shaun Hill and Foles.  He finally decided to start with Keenum for a rookie named Goff to learn behind and it didn't work but Keenum sure does look like a capable QB now.  They were a team known for a very good defense and if the offense got fixed were on their way  going 7-9 twice, 7-8-1 and 6-10.  He moved the darn team from St. Louis to L.A. and gets canned after going 4-9.

The facts are he's not even close to one of the worst ever - not close.   You may not like him and I don't think he's a great coach - but atrocious - nah.

Who gets 20+ years of sucking?!? He has like 6 playoff appearances in 21 years. 4 of them were in a 5 year span. He’s atrocious.

2 hours ago, PIZ said:

I would puke if the Bills ever hired him.  What is his specialty?  Doesn't look good for him to see how well the Rams are doing without him.

Surviving and keeping his job when all others would have been fired? 

I'm surprised he still wants to coach.  There was a time when Fisher was a detail-oriented, forward-thinking over-prepared coach who was well-regarded as one of the best in the league.  That time has long passed.  He was coaching the Rams the past few years like he really didn't care - like Rex, he totally outsourced areas of the game.  He needs to just walk away.

I heard Fisher was thinking Browns and Bears.  Poor Browns and Bears.  Reminds me of the Rex hire.  The game has passed him by.

The difference between Rex and Fisher (IMO) is Rex didn't care anymore.  But, they both have not adapted to the evolution of football.