If Taylor finishes season strong, do we build around him/Dennison?

JerseyBills

I have been a big time Taylor supporter, my reasoning has always been that he is the best option available to Buffalo. If Taylor has 2 (hopefully much more in playoffs) quality games after a quality start last week do we use our draft capital to build around him ? 

I personally would love to build around him. He's now 21-19 with mostly below average defense. Build on that D, add a cpl weapons on O and I think he can get 10 wins on a regular basis, but I do understand he needs to show consistentcy. If he closes out the year with 3 or more quality starts in a row, I think he must stay ,along with Dennison.

Unless of course our staff sees a can't miss QB prospect, I'd rather draft a 2nd -3rd rounder and keep a guy that doesn't turn the ball over and if game planned right can use his feet as well as his arm to get wins...This week will show me alot about Taylor/Dennison,on the road , biggest game in a decade , this could keep both of them in Bills gear for 2018 imo... 

I think Tyrod is gone after this year.  Tyrod is a great athlete, but McDermott and Dennison want a better passer who primarily works out of the pocket, anticipates route timing, throws with anticipation, and reads opposing defenses, which is not Tyrod's strength.

• Like (+1) 3

I get the point, somewhat. The issue in building around both of them is that "safe play". So often it's playing not to lose as opposed to going for the throat. If you want a SB team, which I assume you do, you need to have an offence that performs a heck of a lot better than ours did in that second half against the Fins. The  opportunities existed, they just weren't willing to take them. This has been the story all year and through TT's career here.

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I have been a big time Taylor supporter, my reasoning has always been that he is the best option available to Buffalo. If Taylor has 2 (hopefully much more in playoffs) quality games after a quality start last week do we use our draft capital to build around him ? 

I personally would love to build around him. He's now 21-19 with mostly below average defense. Build on that D, add a cpl weapons on O and I think he can get 10 wins on a regular basis, but I do understand he needs to show consistentcy. If he closes out the year with 3 or more quality starts in a row, I think he must stay ,along with Dennison.

Unless of course our staff sees a can't miss QB prospect, I'd rather draft a 2nd -3rd rounder and keep a guy that doesn't turn the ball over and if game planned right can use his feet as well as his arm to get wins...This week will show me alot about Taylor/Dennison,on the road , biggest game in a decade , this could keep both of them in Bills gear for 2018 imo... 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Image result for no god why gif

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

24 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I think Tyrod is gone after this year.  Tyrod is a great athlete, but McDermott and Dennison want a better passer who primarily works out of the pocket, anticipates route timing, throws with anticipation, and reads opposing defenses, which is not Tyrod's strength.

What if he looks as poised and confident as he did this week? What if he gets us in the dance? One might presume him and Rico finally established how to get the most out of his game, they're only going on game 13 where Dennison is scheming for Taylor. If he shows the confidence and poise he did this week, I don't think it'd be so easy to move on..

31 minutes ago, offyourocker said:

Can we stop the non sense.  The guy does not throw the ball.  They would never have acquired Benjamin if they had any thought of keeping Tyrod.  I love the him as a team player but he is a good backup.  

Again, this is hypothetical but he looked as comfortable as he did all year, by alot, if he shows that in the next 2+ games, you can have a strong argument in his favor. 

4 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

What if he looks as poised and confident as he did this week? What if he gets us in the dance? One might presume him and Rico finally established how to get the most out of his game, they're only going on game 13 where Dennison is scheming for Taylor. If he shows the confidence and poise he did this week, I don't think it'd be so easy to move on..

Again, this is hypothetical but he looked as comfortable as he did all year, by alot, if he shows that in the next 2+ games, you can have a strong argument in his favor. 

Tyrod was good in the first half, not so much in the second half.  Rico has no intention of modifying his offense to suit Tyrod's athletic strengths either because he doesn't want to or doesn't know how, or a bit of both.  Dennison will never get the most out of Tyrod like Anthony Lynn did last year.  And no, Tyrod will not get us to the SB, if that is what you're thinking.

• Like (+1) 1

Please make it stop. You guys need to stop watching Tyrod play well for a half of football hoping that’s what he can be all the time. We’ve seen who he is over the last 3 years. He can stay and battle it out with our rookie but in no way do we keep him with the plan of building around him long term.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 5

12 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Tyrod was good in the first half, not so much in the second half.  Rico has no intention of modifying his offense to suit Tyrod's athletic strengths either because he doesn't want to or doesn't know how, or a bit of both.  Dennison will never get the most out of Tyrod like Anthony Lynn did last year.  And no, Tyrod will not get us to the SB, if that is what you're thinking.

The game plan was bad in 2nd half, too conservative.. One 3 and out.. big drop on perfect deep ball to Zay

We most likely won't have the luxury of going conservative this week, so hypothetically if he has 2 quality games @Ne and Mia , and hopefully@ Jax, is there not an argument that him and his OC finally figured it out?

I get it, he looked abysmal in some games this year,but so has Carr, Winston, Mariota for example... I just don't understand where there is this big upgrade over Tyrod? Give him a very good D , a run game and I see 10+ wins all day. We have the draft capital, salary cap to provide that around him

10 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I like Tyrod a lot, but this team needs to find a way to do better than Tyrod.

I would love that, but I just don't see where that QB is...