If Taylor finishes season strong, do we build around him/Dennison?

JerseyBills

40 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

So another words IYO we should all be ok with not  good enough because this not good enough is the best not good enough we have had in a long time. 

Maybe some season we won't hear the other team laughing about making our QB be a QB, not this year but hey he is the best not good enough, he is our not good enough, be proud, embrace the laughing.

Bring the not good enough back because 3 years strong of not good enough is not enough, go Bills

Settle?  H E double Hockey Sticks NO!

Keep looking.  But don't dump what we got.  Bring in someone else and let him battle Hotrod for the job in mini camps, Training Camp, and PS.  Best man wins.  Like every other position on the team.

I think we both want a better QB.  I'm just not willing to cut bait on Hotrod just yet when we have no one behind him.  When we have someone better, we can consider it.  Would be cool to try to get some depth at the QB position for a change.

3 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Keep looking.  But don't dump what we got.  Bring in someone else and let him battle Hotrod for the job in mini camps, Training Camp, and PS.  Best man wins.  Like every other position on the team.

I think we both want a better QB.  I'm just not willing to cut bait on Hotrod just yet when we have no one behind him.  When we have someone better, we can consider it.  Would be cool to try to get some depth at the QB position for a change.

xrush has problems comprehending your philosophy. the minute somebody says we shouldn't just flat out let go of tyrod or says he should be starting right now, good ole xrushx puts words in your mouth about how you must absolutely be in love with tyrod and love 60 yd passing games becuz that's all he offers.

a rational convo cant be had with that dude. he lives in extremes on this board.

• Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

So another words IYO we should all be ok with not  good enough because this not good enough is the best not good enough we have had in a long time. 

Maybe some season we won't hear the other team laughing about making our QB be a QB, not this year but hey he is the best not good enough, he is our not good enough, be proud, embrace the laughing.

Bring the not good enough back because 3 years strong of not good enough is not enough, go Bills

If anyone were to ever read your posts on their own, they would think this team hadn't won a game with Taylor at the helm :doh: 

finish strong... you mean 1 or 2 good games, like a real NFL QB game against the PATS this weekend?

Bills organization has seen enough already and decided on TT.  He's gone.  PLUS he would be owed like $18 mil for 2018, which just isn't going to happen.

No way.

13 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

If anyone were to ever read your posts on their own, they would think this team hadn't won a game with Taylor at the helm :doh: 

Haha, maybe. With your posts he is a HOF QB

2 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Haha, maybe. With your posts he is a HOF QB

i'm wondering how confused and lost you felt at halftime this last week. you had said you already made up your mind you would be able to leave at halftime becuz taylor was starting and how they probably wouldn't win another game all year.... after all, it was guaranteed he would just have another couple of 60 yd outings right? that's basically what he's done is whole career, correct?

i'm assuming you were making mental notes of all the little things you could complain about instead of just enjoying a good divisional win to keep the bills in the 6 spot. 

13 minutes ago, Socal-805 said:

finish strong... you mean 1 or 2 good games, like a real NFL QB game against the PATS this weekend?

Bills organization has seen enough already and decided on TT.  He's gone.  PLUS he would be owed like $18 mil for 2018, which just isn't going to happen.

No way.

The difference between keeping him or cutting him will be $9.5 million to our Cap in 2018 only if we cut him in the first 4 days of the new league year. That just really isn't much money considering you're going to have to find 2 more QBs to get on the roster if he's gone. 

43 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

i'm wondering how confused and lost you felt at halftime this last week. you had said you already made up your mind you would be able to leave at halftime becuz taylor was starting and how they probably wouldn't win another game all year.... after all, it was guaranteed he would just have another couple of 60 yd outings right? that's basically what he's done is whole career, correct?

i'm assuming you were making mental notes of all the little things you could complain about instead of just enjoying a good divisional win to keep the bills in the 6 spot. 

I had a great time at the game thank you for asking. This board was far from my mind since I had a good case of beer in me , haha. I love the Bills and if Tyrod could play a full game like that first half I would embrace him with open arms, sadly the 2nd half happened and reminded me of why we are still in need of a better QB. I can only hope Tyrod shows up to the NE game like that first half over the way he showed up the entire NO game. Go Bills

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

IMO Tyrod is a false sence of security blanket. We could have all our QBs on rookie contracts giving more money to other positions, we do not need a vet QB.

Hey man IMO keeping Tyrod on his contract next season will have him starting and then when they feel it's time to replace him many will not let the rookie grow and will want Tyrod to return. IMO it will hurt the rookie more then help, like Peterman even though Peterman is a late rounder not ready for primetime. IMO Tyrod is not a QB to develop another behind. You need all your QBs playing the same system, you can't have the two rookies practicing one while the other plays a Taylor made one. It confuses the line and other players when two different systems are run IMO. You want your team to grow in the same direction and with QB it is very important everyone else is on the same page the OC wants them on.

IMO no need to bring back the not good enough QB. Want a new era then start it

5 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

www.profootballfocus.com/news/nfl-qb-rankings-by-pff-grade-after-week-15?utm_content=buffer0574c&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=nfl

11th- Tyrod Taylor

Leader, well respected by teammates and a winner

21-19 is below average? For a team that had 1 winning season since 04 nonetheless! With a below average defense as well. He's been average with potential to be above average.

Or people prefer 300 yards a game with 2-3 times more turnovers? 

I don't think Cousins has us at 8-6. All I care about is wins personally. Don't care how we get them , just want a winning culture. Taylor needs the right support on O and D but I believe he can provide a winning culture, unfortunately it might be with a different team

TYROD sucks and is gone after the season...  Deal with it.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

I had a great time at the game thank you for asking. This board was far from my mind since I had a good case of beer in me , haha. I love the Bills and if Tyrod could play a full game like that first half I would embrace him with open arms, sadly the 2nd half happened and reminded me of why we are still in need of a better QB. I can only hope Tyrod shows up to the NE game like that first half over the way he showed up the entire NO game. Go Bills

well at least we have that in common. cheers!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Do all the mediocre and bad games count for other QBs, too? Or do they only count for Tyrod?

From 2015-2017, Tyrod has 11 games with a Passer Rating below 80. Below 80 would probably be mediocre to bad, right?

From 2015-2017, Phillip Rivers has 11 games with a Passer Rating below 80.

Don't like Passer Rating?

From 2015-2017, Tyrod has 11 games with a Total Qbr below 50, which ESPN claims as the benchmark for exactly "average" QB play.

From 2015-2017, Phillip Rivers has 20 games with a Passer Rating below 50.

And before you say it's just a randomly bad 3 year stretch for P Riv, from 2010-2012 he had 14 games with a Passer Rating below 80.

Cue the "how DARE you compare Tyrod to Rivers" posts in 

1.... 0:)

LOL and on cue, here I am. Just because you say "Cue the____" doesn't mean it's suddenly less valid. I can say "giving birth is fun & feels good!" followed by "Cue the people mad I said giving birth was fun & feels good!" and it doesn't make what you said any less dumb. All that did was show how worthless those metrics are.

If you are trying to argue that Tyrod is somehow better than Rivers, an actual HoF QB, you are out of your damn mind & then some. Please, throw out more of those worthless stats so we can continue laughing! 

• Haha (+1) 1

The difference between keeping him or cutting him will be $9.5 million to our Cap in 2018 only if we cut him in the first 4 days of the new league year. That just really isn't much money considering you're going to have to find 2 more QBs to get on the roster if he's gone. 

Actual dollars, not cap hit funny money, is like $18 as I noted.

Rookies are fairly cheap now, so get 1 and pay another VET who can throw the ball some:  Smith???

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Too much was made of that.    Chiefs were giving Sammy extra attention in second half so Tyrod threw to the open receivers Woods and Hogan.   Instead they had a couple third down drops.  Killed drives.  Chiefs controlled the football in second half.   Bad defense and some poor game management from Rex were the bigger issue.   I'd like to have seen more throws to Watkins as well but if he throws the ball to the safety trying to force it in to Watkins then the criticism is that he should have thrown to the guys open underneath.   Woods and Hogan were open they just didn't make plays. 

It's just another day that needs explanation. And there are too many of them with Tyrod. I still see merit in keeping him 1 more year to see out his contract as a bridge but I am equally still not sure either party will see that as an attractive prospect. 

Round 1 Pick #4 cost 5 million.

If you want to start the rookie as soon as possible you can get a guy like Matt Moore (FA this year) with a big bump to come and mentor the kid for 3 million.

Matt Moore with the Dolphins in 2017 was 1.8 million.

That's 8 million.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BigDingus said:

LOL and on cue, here I am. Just because you say "Cue the____" doesn't mean it's suddenly less valid. I can say "giving birth is fun & feels good!" followed by "Cue the people mad I said giving birth was fun & feels good!" and it doesn't make what you said any less dumb. All that did was show how worthless those metrics are.

If you are trying to argue that Tyrod is somehow better than Rivers, an actual HoF QB, you are out of your damn mind & then some. Please, throw out more of those worthless stats so we can continue laughing! 

Bwahahahaha!!!

What a terrible analogy and what terrible reading comprehension you have!!! :lol:

You think that was me saying Tyrod is better than Rivers?!?!

Hahahaha!!!  Oh man!!!  Thanks for the belly laugh :flirt:

Edited by transplantbillsfan