A open letter to Coach McDermott

Foreigner

What is wrong with people. We're in the hunt for a wild card spot despite trading away some high priced talent. Everyone thought that we were tanking this season. Why do we need to nitpick every little thing and start to believe. The great teams have belief and do not waste energy on any of this crazy trivial stuff.

We didn't like Marrone coz his pressers were boring (Jags are doing pretty good with boring pressers).

We don't like TT coz he's not the elusive "Franchise QB" but somehow seems to win and doesn't turn the ball over.

Now we don't like Coach McD because he says "Trust the Process" repeatedly even though he's changed the culture and wins games like the Colts game by trusting the defense.

Will we ever get to the place where we can celebrate success and build on it?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

That is the saddest link I will read all day>  it's stunning that this guy is a lexiconographer for a dictionary.

He's basically saying that because it's a slang word, it goes in the dictionary.  He throws in some nonsense about "native speakers" and "dialect"--then says "it’s not part of standard English".

word

I'm not gonna hold the Nate Peterman quarter back change over his head. It backfired on him but he showed me that he is will to do anything and leave no stone unturned to make this team better.

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

"Irregardless" isn't a word.

Unfotunately it is: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irregardless

It is in fact a real word (but that doesn't mean you should use it).

Is irregardless a word?

Irregardless was popularized in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its increasingly widespread spoken use called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that "there is no such word." There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.

20 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I think there were a couple hints in yesterday's interviews about the "Process."

Shady when asked to compare this team to last year's:

"We’re all accountable. Guys are really accountable. They come early, they leave late. There’s a thing where coach asks all the players questions to see their preparation for the weekend. Guys are on it. Guys are looking at old film on a team for a year or two years before. That’s something I do just because I’ve been around for nine years, but young guys are doing it. Everybody’s prepared. Guys are on time for meetings. It’s like they want to be here. They want to win and they’re ready to put everything on the line to do that."

Kyle Williams:

"Day in and day out you spend the time with these guys. You see the way they work. You see the way they care about their teammates and the way they care about preparing. Everybody wants to win but not everybody is willing to prepare. These guys are willing to prepare. These guys are willing to get ready and pay the cost Monday through Saturday." 

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/What-theyre-saying-Bills-discuss-home-win-over-Miami/22c74ef0-adba-4cf1-8014-55d5984aca5c

When the OP says we shouldn't trust the process, we should just win he's ignoring what it takes to win.  The process is all about the culture, the preparation, the commitment, the accountability...   all the things that lead to winning.  Without that process, we wouldn't be 8-6 right now and the game in Foxboro would be meaningless.  

Great reply to a not so great post!

This upcoming game will say a lot about McDerrmot and his coaching abilities.  Everyone expects Buffalo to lose and history says you can’t predict otherwise.  No one player can create a win against NE.  It will take a total team effort and there will need to be nearly mistake free football.  The Cheats proved once again last night they play 60 minute games and perhaps they create their own lucky breaks in doing so.

In many ways the game coming up is a playoff round.  If the Bills want to be with the big boys they have to be big boys.

Just now, BuffaloBill said:

This upcoming game will say a lot about McDerrmot and his coaching abilities.  Everyone expects Buffalo to lose and history says you can’t predict otherwise.  No one player can create a win against NE.  It will take a total team effort and there will need to be nearly mistake free football.  The Cheats proved once again last night they play 60 minute games and perhaps they create their own lucky breaks in doing so.

In many ways the game coming up is a playoff round.  If the Bills want to be with the big boys they have to be big boys.

I really don't expect them to come close to winning on Sunday.  That said, if they somehow pull it off - I'll take back everything bad I ever said or thought about McD.  He'd become a legend overnight.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

This was said about pretty much every game this season. They're all huge.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

58 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

So I am sitting at home yesterday eating dinner watching Football Night in America on NBC, a show that shows highlights

of Sundays games, that is followed by a coach or player saying a few words. The Bills came on, and then Coach McDermott

said a few words. I was expecting something about praising Sean McCoy for going over 10,000 career rushing yards or

perhaps TT mentioned, as the two of them combined for almost all the points in the win over Miami. Or at least a shout out

to the O or D in the victory. Instead I lost half my food as I heard the magic words "Trust the Process". 

Coach, Coach, the process is here. It is right in front of you Christmas Eve  and New Years Eve, becoming the name in the Buffalo

Bills history book as the Coach to lead us to the playoffs for the first time in 18 years. It doesn't matter weather it is

10-6 or 9-7' you are forever a hero. Or will your name go down in the books as Sean "Nathan" McDermott. I know, I know,

many are going to say we would have not won the Chargers game with TT at QB the whole game. That is possible, but the

game planning for that game with a rookie not ready for prime time playbook, certainly would have been different with TT.

Irregardless, with four INTS in over 13 games it would have been a different outcome. Coach we don't need to trust the

process, we need to win the game in Foxboro, a game that almost nobody thinks we can win. Maybe, we can't, but part of

the problem in winning in the NFL is how do we stop the other guys. We already know how to do that next Sunday, the

same way the Fish put it to the Pats Monday night, and that is to take Gronk out of the game, and not let a 40 year old QB

with no legs and a tired arm beat you. You are a D guru, so figure out how to stop Gronk who will be playing, and maybe we

get the job done. Coach, you and your staff have overachieved this  year. Just get us to the dance and stop worrying about a

mysterious process whatever you think that may be. To all of us, the process is just winning.  

Do you drink in the morning or are you just still hammered from last night?

19 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The lunatic brigade is starting to march. Lock your doors and protect your women because the crazies are moving.. WTF is going on here? I thought we won? :ph34r:

But mcd didnt praise the right people afterwards, what a terrible coach

15 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I'm not gonna hold the Nate Peterman quarter back change over his head. It backfired on him but he showed me that he is will to do anything and leave no stone unturned to make this team better.

i agree.  people who hold onto that are trying very hard to be upset at something.

13 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Maybe the worst letter ever written by a human?  

you're being so mean!  just stop it!

We don't even know how to handle winning haha.

Why would he call out a player or two when that was clearly a team win.  The defense forced a ton of turnovers and held Miami to 16 points...it's not about individual players, it's about the team.  That's the message and culture he's trying to put in every players mind.  He doesn't want selfish players like Sammy was here (Sammy said he was selfish here haha).  

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

"Irregardless" isn't a word.

Unfortunately you are wrong. Sadly the word was added to the "urban" dictionary some time ago (found here....https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Irregardless

And eventually added to the Webster dictionary as well....found here, https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irregardless