Zay Jones right now is a bust

Foreigner

Jerry Rice recently spoke about Zay Jones on the radio.  He said he had the same problems and he worked it out during the offseason.  

Zay will be fine.  

How many passes were to WR today?  There was a grand total of 4 catches from WR's today.  Most teams will have had that many catches from one guy.  Singling out one pass where it was batted away isn't right. 

Zay from what i can tell lets the game come to him versus going for it.  He needs to be more aggressive.

59 minutes ago, papazoid said:

bills moved up in draft to take zay. traded their 44th (2nd) & 91st (3rd) for the rams 37th (2nd) & 149th (5th)

Pit took juju smith shuster at 62 (2nd)

Looks like they came out ahead.

And I've said everything that I can say about Jones. Every "what about" argument people have brought up ends up falling flat and easily dismissed by facts & statistics. Jones has been awfully bad, not "needs a couple more years" bad. Like I posted above, when comparing his play to other receivers, they all started off superior to him, all caught far more passes, all made better use of their limited play time, and all had a higher hill to climb.  The ONE thing he should be able to do is catch the ball, everything else is something you can learn. He hasn't been able to. It's fair to call him a bust so far.

6 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Looks like they came out ahead.

And I've said everything that I can say about Jones. Every "what about" argument people have brought up ends up falling flat and easily dismissed by facts & statistics. Jones has been awfully bad, not "needs a couple more years" bad. Like I posted above, when comparing his play to other receivers, they all started off superior to him, all caught far more passes, all made better use of their limited play time, and all had a higher hill to climb.  The ONE thing he should be able to do is catch the ball, everything else is something you can learn. He hasn't been able to. It's fair to call him a bust so far.

Really hmmm same number of Drops as Zay. Also has loads of talent around Ju Ju and a legit QB throwing him the Ball

notice how Goodwin and Woods seem to have great seasons. Ooo yeah might have something to do with who is throwing them the ball. 

Wait until next season once Tyrod is gone and someone who can pass is throwing the ball. Tyrod throws a crappy ball 95% of the time. It comes at weird angles and velocity its like trying to hit a change up pitch. Its called the Tyrod slider, the defenders cant even intercept it.

4 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Can a second round pick in his 1st year with really no QB be considered a bust.

also where are you getting your drop numbers from?

here he has 2. Leader has 8 

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/buffalo-bills-team-stats?season=2017&week=0&category=RECEIVING

two here as well.  Hopkins has three by the way

http://scores.nbcsports.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=AFC&type=Receiving&rank=232&year=

Not in top 11 here either hmmmmm 

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=nfl&rank=232&type=Receiving&year=

So where are you getting he is top 10 in drops Or is it just making something up???

The major dropping atomic elbows on the incorrect 

5 hours ago, Foreigner said:

Talking about going nowhere, 32,552 posts. Sorry, it is what it is, and if Zay Jones is your favorite

player, good luck.

I said he is a bust NOW after 14 games. Who knows how his Pro career will turn out, but after 14 games

he is not cutting it.

Give him 3 years, give Tre White 3 years, give Milano 3 years, blah blah blah.

I agree with the poster. As of game 14, zay zay is a nay nay!

6 hours ago, Foreigner said:

Maybe he did well in college because he didn't have Pro CBs and Ss ready to knock him to the ground

once he caught the ball.

Bingo, he may never be able to cut it in the NFL, which would be considered a bust.

6 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

While I'm not a TT hater, I agree with this.  Tyrod has had problems getting balls to WRs throughout his tenure with the Bills.  

Part of the problem is that our WR corps hasn't been great and has often suffered more than it's fair share of injuries.  But part of the lack of production is on TT too.  

Zay does kind of have the look of a bust so far.  But you have to give him the benefit of the doubt: he's a rookie on an offense that doesn't use its WRs very effectively.

This part is false. Watkins, Woods, Goodwin and Hogan have all been lighting it up with their new teams since they left. Add in Clay and McCoy out of the backfield and you actually have one of the better receiving groups in the league. They were injured a lot of the time however, so that's a factor.

The worst play he had this year was not continuing his route into the endzone at the end of the Carolina game when he saw the safety was late getting over.   According to Donald Jones this is basic WR play, you only cut the route short if the safety bites early which he clearly didn't.  Tyrod put the ball right where it was supposed to be but Zay had stopped and the ball was too high for him.   We are a 9 win team right now if not for that mistake.   Jones was nice about it on the radio but he implied that is something you learn in high school as a WR. 

8 hours ago, wppete said:

Stop it. He is not a bust.

Stop it. He is absolutely invisible on the field because HE CAN’T CATCH! Period.

These last 2 games have been among the most critical 2 game stretch this century, and he has been COMPLETELY invisible. What does it take for McDermott -and You- to get this through your heads?? There are better receivers on the active roster. Sit this washout and play somebody who can help the team be competitive.

6 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

The football hit him in the freakin' hands. NO QB will ever be able to throw him a more perfect pass than that.  He cost us the Carolina game.

If you're gonna be a playoff team, you GOTTA catch those.

He is a bust TFN. That can change, but as of now, with a capital B.

And ones that hit you in the hands evidently.

Let me say .. I was stoked when we drafted him ... as my daughter goes to ECU so I saw many of his games and I am disappointed in his play this year ... but not ready to label a bust ... secondly I was in the end zone at that Carolina game with him running right at me that throw was long ... it would of been a hell of a catch.  The Carolina game was lost due to a BS offensive pass interference call, a missed facemask against Shady all on final drive ... and zero offense all game long (it was a damn soccer match) .. all kicks.