Zay Jones right now is a bust

Foreigner

This game could have been put away much earlier if Zay Jones, who at one time was called our #1 WR

didn't drop a throw that was on the money.

I thought I heard the announcer on the telecast say he has been targeted 60 times this year with 25 receptions,

and for anyone targeted over 50 times this year, he has the most drops of anyone in the NFL. That is 

pathetic for a 2nd round pick #37 in the 2017 draft.

You can talk all you want about Watkins, Woods or Goodwin, but they all have been more productive. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Foreigner said:

This game could have been put away much earlier if Zay Jones, who at one time was called our #1 WR

didn't drop a throw that was on the money.

I thought I heard the announcer on the telecast say he has been targeted 60 times this year with 25 receptions,

and for anyone targeted over 50 times this year, he has the most drops of anyone in the NFL. That is 

pathetic for a 2nd round pick #37 in the 2017 draft.

You can talk all you want about Watkins, Woods or Goodwin, but they all have been more productive. 

No denying he has not had a great rookie year. But it's just that...his rookie year. Way too early to throw around the "bust" label.

Since you gave permission to talk about Goodwin, Woods and Watkins let's do that.  What did any of them accomplish here with Taylor throwing them the ball? Aside from a (what was it again?) 4 game stretch where Watkins looked amazing....the answer is Jack squat. Jack squat. Think there is any coincidence that both Woods and Goodwin are having a career year this season? Lets see how Zay improves year 2. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Pbomb said:

Ya cause im sure kupp would be lighting it up in this offense

I deleted my post because I meant to say it's way too early too tell.

But it's pretty inarguable That kupp has better hands than zay this year 

Edited by billsfan11

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

I guess you would of ran Eric Moulds out of town after 2 years.  

Moulds caught 54% of the balls targeted to him in his rookie year (only 37 throws, BTW).   Jones at 37% is just abismal...

Moulds:   https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MoulEr00.htm

Jones:  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JoneZa00.htm

• Like (+1) 1