Zay Jones right now is a bust

Foreigner

On 12/17/2017 at 8:43 PM, Buffalo716 said:

20 catches for 279 yards

and 29 catches for 294 yards...

Eric Moulds first 2 years...

i give receivers 3 years

We only gave Hardy 2 years.

As far as Eric Moulds goes. The other WRs on the Bills his rookie season included Quinn Early, Steve Tasker, and HOF Andre Reed. This probably contributed more than him not being able to catch the football.

8 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

As far as Eric Moulds goes. The other WRs on the Bills his rookie season included Quinn Early, Steve Tasker, and HOF Andre Reed. This probably contributed more than him not being able to catch the football.

I seriously doubt he had much playing time. And that was more the standard for rookie receivers back then. Moulds was my favorite playmaker growing up.

On 3/28/2018 at 6:37 PM, reddogblitz said:

Like who for example? Not Woods or Sammy. They were productive out of the chute.

Yeah nowadays wrs come in ready. Randy Moss paved the way

13 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

This is true, and was a function of both his on-field performance and his off-field/practice performance. "They" (coaches) see more of these players than "We" ever do. Moulds showed enough that even low performance could not obscure his ability. It's on Zay to do that as well.

2 hours ago, RJ (not THAT RJ) said:

This is true, and was a function of both his on-field performance and his off-field/practice performance. "They" (coaches) see more of these players than "We" ever do. Moulds showed enough that even low performance could not obscure his ability. It's on Zay to do that as well.

Again, Eric Moulds "low performance" had to do with also having WRs Quinn Early (who Marv says in his book was one of the best players he ever coached), HOF Andre Reed, and Steve Tasker.  And a veteran HOF QB in his last season that rightfully would want to throw it to the other 3 guys more whom he had years of experience with.  It wasn't that Eric couldn't catch the football (unlike Zay this year).

I hope for the best for Zay this year.  Hopefully he breaks out (but I'm not holding my breath).