Zay Jones right now is a bust

Foreigner

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

All season. 

Posted three official sites. How many you have to dispute?

Just shows why stats can be so overrated. That 3rd and 8 play probably doesn't go as a drop but it should. A NFL receiver has to make that play. Jones has had way too many 50/50 balls where it has gone on the wrong side of the 50/50

Just now, billsfan11 said:

Just shows why stats can be so overrated. That 3rd and 8 play probably doesn't go as a drop but it should. A NFL receiver has to make that play. Jones has had way too many 50/50 balls where it has gone on the wrong side of the 50/50

Why?  Because you say so?  These official stats compare every WR in league with same criteria. Sorry if they dont fit your narrative 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Why?  Because you say so?  These official stats compare every WR in league with same criteria. Sorry if they dont fit your narrative 

I don't really care about their narrative to be honest. Just because he only has " 2 official drops" that tells me absolutely nothing.

Anyone with half a brain who watches the Bills  knows Zay has to make more of those plays. There is a reason why he got demoted in th depth chart

Ok, i'm going to weigh in on this...........

I was probably the harshest critic of "Hands of Stone" Jones. I didnt like the draft pick and think we reached for him and gave up needless picks for a guy who would have been there when we picked anyway.

I didnt like that we sent Sammy packing in hopes that Zay could step right in...........someday.

Seeing Hands of Stone drop pass after pass after pass, when alot of them are right in the numbers and perfectly thrown in his direction, only fuelled my fire to walk away from yet another draft bust, but.........

I think back to a WR that we once had that sat on the bench for awhile and did nothing, he showed nothing and we were all ready to write him off...........Eric Moulds.

It seems that one day, the guy just came into his own. Its like he woke up one day and decided to be a WR.

I'm really hoping that Zay can put it all together and if he can't really produce this year, then i hope he learns.

Maybe one day he will wake up and decide to be a WR.

That is all.........carry on.

Just now, billsfan11 said:

I don't really care about their narrative to be honest. Just because he only has " 2 official drops" that tells me absolutely nothing.

Anyone with half a brain who watches the Bills  knows Zay has to make more of those plays. There is a reason why he got demoted in th depth chart

Two drops. Now if you want to ise something else like issues seperating, routes, contested balls you can do that. 

But sorry he just doesnt have alot of drops like people say. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Two drops. Now if you want to ise something else like issues seperating, routes, contested balls you can do that. 

Yes he has 2 official drops. That tells me absolutely nothing about his ability to catch the ball. It's not even close to being good enough 

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

If you really think Zay has 2 drops all year because that's what the "official stats" say you aren't paying attention.

2 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Yes he has 2 official drops. That tells me absolutely nothing about his ability to catch the ball. It's not even close to being good enough 

Cool at least your not saying drops anymore. 

Now sorry i want to wait a little longer than 13 games of a Small School players career in the NFL before labeling hom a bust

Just now, HappyDays said:

If you really think Zay has 2 drops all year because that's what the "official stats" say you aren't paying attention.

If you really think i care one bit about what people that dont use the “official stats” that compare every WR with the same criteria say you arent paying attention

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't consider the well defensed play a drop....especially since it was knocked out by a hand.

What was the other?

Nor do I but I was trying to appease the haters. I will amend the prior post 

I did say there was the well defensed "drop". Sorry poor wording.  I don't remember the specifics of the other  one 

from the ESPN Player profile Zay was "credited" for 0 of 2 

image.thumb.png.03df4e66ee4cea7f175b7cd8adb49e81.png

3rd QTR   

1st and 10 at MIA 39

(12:18 - 3rd) T.Taylor pass incomplete deep right to Z.Jones [C.Harris]. Overthrown, receiver near sideline at MIA 14.

3rd and 8 at BUF 48

(0:44 - 3rd) (Shotgun) T.Taylor pass incomplete deep right to Z.Jones (A.Verner). Receiver and coverage near sideline at MIA 16.

as for TT  being 17 of  29.  So Zay didn't "catch" 2, what of the others 12 no catches?  I mean drops?

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Cool at least your not saying drops anymore. 

Now sorry i want to wait a little longer than 13 games of a Small School players career in the NFL before labeling hom a bust

If you really think i care one bit about what people that dont use the “official stats” that compare every WR with the same criteria say you arent paying attention

In my opinion he should have more drops. Which is why I personally don't pay attention to that stat

And I never once said he is a bust in all my posts 

40 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And yet the official stats show zero drops hmmmm

Jesus.   I am standing up for Zay.   yuze guys gots to pay attention  ;)   see above 

2 targets 0 catches.  That does not mean he dropped them.   

Where is the link or site that calls it a "drop"?  I'd be interested to look 

thanks   

31 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

NO  Jones has 2 official NON CATCHES,  It does not say DROP  see above 

I need to find the other Zay Jones SUCKs thread to point out that many passes his way were uncatchable and people still called them drops.  

Nearly 25 to 30 % of his targeted throws were not catchable.  You subtract those and Zay's # are actually pretty good for a ROOKIE 

I knew I should have stayed out of this dumb thread .

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

I've always believed that with WR's that you give them 3 years to develop. They have to adjust to the speed of the game, the pro defenses and develop and get used to a new QB. 

It doesn't get much worst for a WR than TT at QB. The only WR's that we will get in here is rookies and over paid average talent. 

13 hours ago, westerndecline said:

Here's the difference

Zay has shown flashes of greatness....

Im waiting til yr two

While I am a long way from calling this kid a bust, let’s not get ridiculous on the other end of the spectrum. Greatness, no matter what the context, and Zay Jones should not be mentioned concerning his NFL play.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

42 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

While I am a long way from calling this kid a bust, let’s not get ridiculous on the other end of the spectrum. Greatness, no matter what the context, and Zay Jones should not be mentioned concerning his NFL play.

Ive seen him make catches and look the part of great in practice, preseason and regular seasin. Unfortunately its mostly inconsistency