KC vs Chargers

Hebert19

6 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Lets pretend there isn’t a quarter of football left 

Replace craprod w rivers and we would be contenders 

Are we not condending for a playoff spot? 

Not trying to argue TT vs other QBs right now. Phil has had a great career and has been excellent at times. 

Moving on 

3 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

The key to the entire scenario is this, one of these teams will win their division, the other we have to hope won't make it as a wildcard team unless the wheels completely fall off for the Ravens and they don't make the playoffs (highly unlikely looking at the schedule)

So who has the harder schedule remaining, Chiefs or Chargers? That's who we should be rooting for to lose

Both easier than the Bills unfortunately. Chargers play Jets and Raiders, chiefs play Miami and Denver. 

9 minutes ago, SF Bills Fan said:

If Chargers win we we need 3 Tennessee losses or 1 Baltimore loss (unlikely given true schedule). Chiefs win we only then need 2 Tennessee losses. It's much easier with Chiefs winning. 

Or just have Brady go down in the 1st qtr with season ending injury.  Let's see how that effects the playoff machine?

40 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

I think this is wrong 

No, this is actually right. We hold a 3 way tie breaker with the Chargers but we don't hold a 3 way tie breaker with KC. If LA wins the division we need the Titans to lose all 3 of their remaining games. If KC wins, the Titans need to lose 2 of their next 3 but one of those 2 has to be the Jags game week 17. If the Bills, Titans and Chargers all end 9-7 with a Chargers loss to KC, the Bills would get in and the Chargers would be the odd team out. If the Bills, Titans and Chiefs all end 9-7 and the Chargers beat the Chiefs and win the division, the Bills are the odd team out even with the head to head against the Chiefs. Head to head only counts when it's just between the Bills and Chiefs

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yes, Titans need to lose  2 . They MUST lose to JAX or the Bills are probably out 

For some reason I can't see Marrone as a guy willing to rest starters and give away a game to a division rival though. He's old school and is more likely to use the last game as a tune up for the playoffs then rest starters

So is it going to be another pick or fumble this drive?

Edited by apuszczalowski

4 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

For some reason I can't see Marrone as a guy willing to rest starters and give away a game to a division rival though. He's old school and is more likely to use the last game as a tune up for the playoffs then rest starters

So is it going to be another pick or fumble this drive?

Marrone? I'm not sure I'm following the point you are trying to make. The Jaguars winning vs TEN would greatly benefit the Bills. If TEN wins vs JAX and the Ravens win 2 the Bills are finished. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

3 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Another reason to hope the Steelers beat the Pats.

If that happens the Jags will be battling the Pats for the bye week!

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Marrone? I'm not sure I'm following the point you are trying to make. The Jaguars winning vs TEN would greatly benefit the Bills. If TEN wins vs JAX and the Ravens win 2 the Bills are finished. 

That's what I am talking about, many assume the Titans could win that game because the Jags would have clinched and rest starters that game since it's meaningless for them. I'm saying I can't see a coach like Marrone not trying to win a game, especially a divisional game

7 minutes ago, ajgoff1286 said:

The hell would you root for that?

It's odd, but the Bills would prefer the Titans lose 2 of the next 3, but not all 3. Granted, if the Chargers lose another one then it doesn't matter but if not the Bills need a 3 way tie to beat the Chargers in a tiebreaker.

So the big question  now is, are the Chiefs back to the team that started the season or do they go back to the losing streak team?

1 minute ago, MDH said:

It's odd, but the Bills would prefer the Titans lose 2 of the next 3, but not all 3. Granted, if the Chargers lose another one then it doesn't matter but if not the Bills need a 3 way tie to beat the Chargers in a tiebreaker.

I'm assuming that's because in a three-day the they win It, but in a straight tie with SD they lose because of the head to head game?

5 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Gotcha.   Rivers bad, Tyrod good.  

Right again promo ??

You keep typing stuff I never said. I guess you know you're losing the argument. Sad. Gotta distract folks while Rivers is taking a dump.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

6 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

That's what I am talking about, many assume the Titans could win that game because the Jags would have clinched and rest starters that game since it's meaningless for them. I'm saying I can't see a coach like Marrone not trying to win a game, especially a divisional game

I agree, the Jaguars won't rest starters. They are playing for playoff positioning and will play that game to win. Especially if the Patriots lose to the Steelers. JAX could be in play for the second seed 

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You keep typing stuff I never said. I guess you know you're losing the argument. Sad. Gotta distract folks while Rivers is taking a dump.

Rivers rules and will wear a gold jacket one day.  

Enjoy “winning” some argument.    

Only 337 tds for ole Phil ??

28 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yes, Titans need to lose  2 . They MUST lose to JAX or the Bills are probably out 

One Baltimore loss to Colts or Bengals means we are in or 2 titans losses. We hold most 3 tiebreaker scenarios except against chiefs which doesn't matter now.

Edited by What a Tuel

Just now, What a Tuel said:

Yeah I posted then realized that would be pointed out and edited it. They better beat the browns or else their schedule isn't so "easy" then haha.:lol:

You would think that if they lose to the Browns they should be automatically disqualified from the playoffs!

LOL

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

FWIW, on 538 we had 24% chance to make the playoffs before this game.  After, it went down to 21%.

That thing doesn't make sense sometimes. If the Bills win tomorrow , I'd say that chance goes up quite a bit. A two way tie at 9-7 with the Chiefs wasn't very likely to happen.