More from obd

18 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Source confirmed the following today.   Building the stadium will begin in 2022 with play beginning in 2024. The stadium will seat 67,500 people. It will be open air with natural turf.  The stadium will be part of a complex that will include the following: (1) Field house, (2) outside practice field, (3) Buffalo Bills Hall of Fame, (4) surrounded by mall and hotels.  Terry has insisted on the following things: (1) Must be fan friendly - parking facilities to accommodate tailing gating (2) Family family and (3) high tech.  The game day experience will be improved for families with children under the age 16.  Next to the field house and Bills Hall of fame a family entertainment center will be built. Throughout the year, there will be activities set-up for visitors.  Kids will be able pass, punt, and kick within the facility along with displays, video, and bills store.  On game day, only adults with children under the age of 16 will be admitted to the area.  Terry wants to ensure intoxicated people cannot enter.  At the field house each week, The Bills will be bringing back former Bills to people to meet.  There will be no charge to enter and no charge for autographs.

I am not an RV person but my source says this will be huge for those people with a RV.  RVs can arrive on Friday and there will be 25 premium spots for RVs close to the stadium.  The premium sites will have full hook-ups (Water, electric and sewer). Only season ticket holders will be able to rent these spots.  The stadium will have the most recent technology for game time experience.  Hard to imagine what will be available in 6 years.  Stadium will also feature satellite parking  with Bus service to gate for easy access to and from game. Terry wants at least 75 luxury suites.  One suite will be called the twelve man and will be auctioned off each week to raise money for charity and 100 game day tickets will be given away to needy children.

Stadium is east of Buffalo with easy access to Rochester and Toronto.  Needs corporate money for suites.  For the first three years, there will be a minimum fee for what there are calling, Seating Agreement License Tax (SALT) that will have fund stadium.  Terry does not want or think NY State will kick in money with public funds.

Coming soon more news on Cousins  as discussions are heating up behind the scenes.

Terry must want 3/4 of the stadium empty.  

21 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

On game day, only adults with children under the age of 16 will be admitted to the area.  Terry wants to ensure intoxicated people cannot enter. 

One is definitely not exclusive of the other. 

19 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Good stuff, Don.  Thank you.

....so they would have to negotiate a two year extension when lease expires in 2022 before new stadium is open in 2024......retractable stadium like Lucas Oil Field which I believe was around 700 mil would make more sense in a year round setting with hotels, restaurants, retail, etc.....New Era does retain right of first refusal for naming rights with a built in escalator clause for those rights on new facility.....

Sounds good. 

Surprised to hear its (supposedly) east of Buffalo, though. I thought for sure it'd be downtown. 

Hope they don't build it too far to the East. I don't have much interest in driving to Rochester for a game. 

If its east of Buffalo, I'm thinking maybe Batavia. I believe there was talk of a possibility of a stadium built there IIRC.