Gronk Suspended for One Game by the NFL - Appeal Denied

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

He articulates his opinion in a clear way for you to understand...and he's "not smart"?

You don't agree with his opinion--doesn't make it stupid.  He's probably has a far more valid point of view than you or any of us sitting around at home yelling at the TV.

He said "...actions...affects..."  And what he said was stupid. 

5 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Does it make me a bad Bills fan if I hope the suspension is lifted on appeal because I need him for my fantasy team, or does it make me a bad Bills fan because I have him on my team in the first place?

Yes.  Leave.

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 3:27 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Pretty light for a deliberate and dirty hit on a defenseless opponent that resulted in injury after the play was over. 

I agree.  I expected it to be only one game, but the NFL is supposedly serious about this type of play and that suspension is not serious.  I cant believe he is going to waste time to try and appeal it.  In my opinion he got off with a slap on the wrist.

9 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Does it make me a bad Bills fan if I hope the suspension is lifted on appeal because I need him for my fantasy team, or does it make me a bad Bills fan because I have him on my team in the first place?

Only the first one. I draft Pats in order to jinx them. It often works. 

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

1 game is a pittance and makes the NFL look ridiculous in light of the two suspensions they announced today. 

....absolutely....but Goober Goodell needs to cuddle up with PO'ed Kraft so he votes "yes" for The Commish's extortive extension....Deflategate vs Contractgate....

Would love to see the video of his appeal and him struggling to form complete sentences without using the word "bro" or "dude"

"Bro, like that dude was like holding me and what not and I was like ok well then...like I apologize and stuff but like c'mon man like no dude don't, know what I mean?"

31 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Appeal denied as expected.

Mr Gronkowski, after further review your appeal has been denied.

"Yea but can I still play? Otherwise my dude Tommy will be mad at me!"

6 hours ago, DCBongo said:

If you do something stupid and deliberate like Gronk did to Tre, that causes a player to miss games, you should be suspendered for as long as it take for the injured player to be cleared to play.

Not just as long as the injured player is out.  The time out, PLUS the punishment.

54 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Not sure why Fitz thinks his (wrong) opinion matters.

Starting his post career with hot takes already. Wants to be a talking head.

Westwood One radio thinks his opinion matters since he was responding to Jim Gray's question.  I was surprised by that response.  Because you know Gronk is a good player does not mean Tre White deserves any less respect.  

1 hour ago, Doc said:

He said "...actions...affects..."  And what he said was stupid. 

Plural subject with a singular verb!  Oh No!!..

If that was "stupid" then at least 80% of the posts here would be called out as that as well.

As for his opinion, he's a football player in the NFL, you're a guy who posts about what you think NFL players should do and say.  How is it that you are able to judge the validity of his opinion?   How can you even challenge it?  You are (we all are) uniquely unqualified to say his opinion is "stupid". 

Edited by Mr. WEO

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 2:26 PM, PatsFanNH said:

First it was the dirtiest play I have seen ever! That includes Suh stepping on Rogers.

To me one of the dirtiest plays was Charles Martin dropping Jim McMahon in the 80's... Another is the Haynesworth stomp on Gurode.  This Gronk play is probably 3x worse to me.  Not because of who the victim was, just you are going after a defenseless player - driving their head to the ground using your brace reinforced elbow after taking a few extra steps.

If the same thing had happened to Gronk after a play, they'd be talking about it for months and the offender would probably get 6 games...

Martin got 2 games, Haynesworth got 5 games...  somehow Gronk only gets one.

13 minutes ago, MTBill said:

To me one of the dirtiest plays was Charles Martin dropping Jim McMahon in the 80's... Another is the Haynesworth stomp on Gurode.  This Gronk play is probably 3x worse to me.  Not because of who the victim was, just you are going after a defenseless player - driving their head to the ground using your brace reinforced elbow after taking a few extra steps.

If the same thing had happened to Gronk after a play, they'd be talking about it for months and the offender would probably get 6 games...

Martin got 2 games, Haynesworth got 5 games...  somehow Gronk only gets one.

Joe 'Turkey' Jones  > Charles Martin.