Gronk committed deliberate, intentional, and defenseless criminal assault with his metal elbow brace

reginald

4 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

ESPN has a video of the incident with the Patriots play by play. When they see what Gronk did their response is " Gronk landed on top of White". Then "good, good for Gronk. They were holding him the whole way".

Thats Scott Zolak. His radio show starts in 19 minutes. He better walk it back or this will be the first time I call into a sports radio show. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

Thats Scott Zolak. His radio show starts in 19 minutes. He better walk it back or this will be the first time I call into a sports radio show. 

I wonder how it would go if a bunch of us called into his show and had the hot take that the Bills should head hunt Brady next game?  Of course, you'll have to tell the screener you're going to say something else

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I agree.  But this wasn't on the street; it was on a football field.

I'm not saying that the hit wasn't dirty.  I'm not saying that it wouldn't be "assault" if it happened between two people on the street.

If I throw a baseball as hard as I can and hit someone in the head on purpose, I'll get charged.  Just like if I slash someone with a hockey stick.

Yeah I don't think he should go to jail.  He should be suspended for the rest of the regular season.

The league is sensitive to the concussion issue, you can't touch the helmet at all on live plays.  Now a player got a concussion on a dead ball with a deliberate elbow with a brace on.

The league better throw the book at him.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

He’s the worst. I try to listen to that show but I can’t because of that homer idiot. 

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yeah I don't think he should go to jail.  He should be suspended for the rest of the regular season.

The league is sensitive to the concussion issue, you can't touch the helmet at all on live plays.  Now a player got a concussion on a dead ball with a deliberate elbow with a brace on.

The league better throw the book at him.

I agree with this.  My knee-jerk reaction was to toss him from the game, fine him and suspend him for a game.  But I like the idea of a suspension for the remainder of the regular season and a mammoth fine.

18 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I agree.  But this wasn't on the street; it was on a football field.

I'm not saying that the hit wasn't dirty.  I'm not saying that it wouldn't be "assault" if it happened between two people on the street.

If I throw a baseball as hard as I can and hit someone in the head on purpose, I'll get charged.  Just like if I slash someone with a hockey stick.

You are missing the crucial (and, I thought obvious) point that what Gronk did was well after the play had ended.  It had nothing to do with a football play.  It was a cowardly assault, no different from a batter clubbing an unsuspecting catcher with his bat between pitches.  I am amazed you can’t see that.

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

i put the odds at 90% he is suspended one game, 25% 2 or more.

The NFL has NO choice but to suspend him if they want any consistency and be taken serious about players health.

I agree with this.  It seems like an easy decision.  Looking at comments sections, even Pats fans agree that it was an awful thing.  Such a cowardly and dangerous attack.  

The decision to suspend is easy, in light of all the factors (including the score/time of the game)... the hard part will be pushing it to more than 1 game (which IMO should be 3-4 games).  The NFL will likely come up short.

Edited by May Day 10