The key to beating the Patriots this Sunday is...

14 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Pressure up the middle of the line, that blueprint has been shown to work by NYG, Balt, and DEN.  DLinemen also need to get their hands up to deflect what passes they can, this worked for Baltimore a couple of years back in a playoff game.

agreed...on defense blitz,blitz and blitz some more...send milano up the middle...stack the box. i'd rather take a chance on man coverage with having poyer and hyde for help.

but blitzing is something this team refuses to do.

on offense maybe we can use some of the ole rico magic like...handing off to tolbert on 2nd and longs...B-)

26 minutes ago, dpberr said:

IMO, he should watch what Kansas City did/didn't do.  

Miami beat Brady mercilessly yesterday and they still lost by two scores.  

You could also look at it that Miami could have softened him up a little bit for the Bills, then see what happens if the Bills start getting those kind of hits on him in an away game.

29 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

huge day from shady, shut down the pats run game and keep brady under 325 yards passing. tyrod gets 250 yards passing and no turnovers and you can be in this game. outside of that no chance.  if our d comes out like yesterday with the 5 dbs, 2 lbs we have a shot. but it's a small one. 

looking at who the pats have played on their win streak and it's not that impressive

They will run the ball if we play with 5dbs and 2 lbs.  If my memory serves me correctly, we tried this last year in Buffalo and they ran the ball down our throats.

2 minutes ago, Homey D. Clown said:

wrong... over-inflated balls

in my defense,  i meant we use deflated balls.    guess it wasnt clear enough.   well aware that Brady used the deflated balls,  so please,  no more of this.

Edited by bigduke6

3 minutes ago, Haslett_Stomp said:

They will run the ball if we play with 5dbs and 2 lbs.  If my memory serves me correctly, we tried this last year in Buffalo and they ran the ball down our throats.

no, 72 yards but they had a game like the saints where the scored on every possesion except one where they punted. 4 pass tds and a rush td and a couple fgs. you've got to at least stop brady a few times. 

1 hour ago, BillsFanNC said:

True, but there's snow and the unique blizzard conditions that can happen only in a Buffalo lake effect storm. Conditions where it essentially shuts down any passing, thus making the game a coin flip rather than a 95% certain Pats* win.

It is going to be 46 & sunny Sunday with 0% chance of precipitation.  I went golfing twice last week & I am going out tomorrow.  The weather has been beautiful here the past 3 months.  Stop with the BS that the weather is always bad around Buffalo after Columbus Day. 

The most effective thing the Bills could do is bring defensive line pressure straight up the middle.  This may not result in sacks, but it would require Brady to change his throws.  Will the Bills be able to achieve this?  I don't think so.  Is there any real chance of outscoring Brady with our anemic offense?  I don't think so.

10 minutes ago, Gordio said:

It is going to be 46 & sunny Sunday with 0% chance of precipitation.  I went golfing twice last week & I am going out tomorrow.  The weather has been beautiful here the past 3 months.  Stop with the BS that the weather is always bad around Buffalo after Columbus Day. 

Weather won't be a factor...mild conditions all the way through the 10 day forecast with temps in the 40s and 50s...we have been having mild winters much more frequently than normal the past 5 or 6 years...did have that one brutal year with November snow storm and then the coldest month in Buffalo history in February but other than its been really mild.  Going to have rethink what a typical Buffalo winter is pretty soon if it continues. Last year only broke out the snowblower once and before that had a year where I didn't even use it.

Edited by matter2003