SI.com: The Baffling Breakup between Tyrod Taylor and the Bills

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, Azucho98 said:

Maybe they should look at his throw to O'Leary....He Simply Ain't Good Enough. 

Agreed, Tyrod is simply terrible and pads his stats in garbage time. I want a QB who can actually complete passes and thow for more than 56 yards against the Saints. :wacko:

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Not sure what you are talking about? I’m on board with drafting a guy. When people pretend that Tyrod isn’t (by miles) the best QB of the drought I challenge them. If we don’t think that he is good enough that is fine. When someone pretends that he is “just like” Bledsoe or Losman or EJ it needs to be defended. It’s not the case. He’s a pretty good NFL starter. There is no reason to pretend anything else.

He has 63 TDS and 20 turnovers. He’s won .538% of his games with a bad team. We don’t need to think that he is the answer but he deserves a lot more respect and appreciation than he gets from the fan base.

See my point...

Kyle Orton had a better W-L percentage bud.

Orton > Taylor all day every day off camera every way.

It's not baffling, tt is an average QB and will never be good enough to take us to the next level.

McD wants better and so should we.

4 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

WHERE DO WE GET BETTER??

WHERE ARE THESE BETTER QBS..

20-18 with a defense in the mid 20's, maybe you should be happy with what ya got!

Um no

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

3 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Natioanl Media just doesn't understand because they don't actually watch the games and see the things that are so maddening...

The inability to make simple throws that extend drives too many times, the inability to throw in rhythm, poor ball placement that causes receivers to not be able to pick up additional yards in key situations, unwillingness to make throws that you need to make in the NFL because the windows are too small. 

Look...I know Tyrod can get us to the playoffs with enough pieces around him.  I know this.  I am not disputing it.  He takes care of the ball, makes good throws at times, kills teams with his legs a few times a game and makes a few unbelievable throws a few times a game after escaping from pressure.  But he doesn't play QB well enough.  Period.  The offense doesn't have rhythm with him...it seems disjointed.  He'll puot a few good drives together and then will go 3 and out for long stretches...sometimes its the first half starting out and other times its the 2nd half...but rarely does he have a game without at least 30 or 40% of our possessions being 3 and out.  Too many times we get in 2nd and short and 3rd and short and we can't convert.  

The problem is, if we keep Taylor we are settling for struggling to make the playoffs every year...some years we will get in, other years we won't.  Taylor will not be the reason we make the playoffs.  It will depend on a lot of pieces around him.  Too many, in my mind, for him to be a viable option.  

Yes there is a chance we get worse in the short term by moving on from Tyrod.  The flip side is if we keep him, we accept mediocrity at the QB position and that isn't going to win anything of substance...Too many deficiencies...too easy to eliminate as a passer...

Dawkins has been playing very well at LT...yeh he has some moments where he gets beat but more and more he is starting to come into his own...

This is the way I feel about Tyrod. He has skills, but he is immensely frustrating to watch. the team may not win as much at first without him, but I am convinced they will not make it near a championship game with him at QB. 

Can we just get a franchise QB at the 'Franchise QB Store'?

i hear they are having a Black Friday sale...

Remember 2 weeks ago when everyone was saying 'pick up Alex Smith!!!!"

man, this board is so manic. 

Tyrod sucks no matter what!!!

let someone else play!!!!

we need a franchise QB!!!

insane...

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Bakin said:

Can we just get a franchise QB at the 'Franchise QB Store'?

i hear they are having a Black Friday sale...

Remember 2 weeks ago when everyone was saying 'pick up Alex Smith!!!!"

man, this board is so manic. 

Tyrod sucks no matter what!!!

let someone else play!!!!

we need a franchise QB!!!

insane...

ah.. common sense

51 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Kyle Orton had a better W-L percentage bud.

Orton > Taylor all day every day off camera every way.

I liked Orton but he wasn’t better. That team had a lot of talent too (that’s why Orton came in). They had a great defense and running game. He wasn’t a better player at that point in his career. 

8 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I'm starting to question this, too.

I actually think there's a decent chance he's still our starter in 2018. At the very least, I think we're going to pick up his option and use him as part of a trade.

I'd say the odds are against it. Perhaps with a different OC ( we can only hope) it could make sense for awhile. The team needs to draft a QB high or trade for a QB such as Bridgewater. 

6 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I liked Orton but he wasn’t better. That team had a lot of talent too (that’s why Orton came in). They had a great defense and running game. He wasn’t a better player at that point in his career. 

Their running game was terrible.  Orton carried the O to a better W-L.

Edited by jmc12290

7 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

I'd say the odds are against it. Perhaps with a different OC ( we can only hope) it could make sense for awhile. The team needs to draft a QB high or trade for a QB such as Bridgewater. 

I don't think we're trading for another QB were trying to acquire one of these mid-level free agents. I think we're drafting a guy high. But that doesn't preclude us from keeping Taylor for 2018. The way they built his contract and almost seems like that was in the plans. 

16 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

You say that as if 20-18 is some amazing feat.

Vince Young is 31-19 as a starter.

Just bumping this because I'm tired of hearing about Tyrod Taylor's "record as a starter."  Almost as tired as I am hearing about how he "protects the ball."

How many 3rd and longs, yesterday, did we run the ball - effectively playing for a FG try?  A lot.  Ask yourself why.  When I ask myself why, I answer myself with, "because we don't have a QB who can pass on a passing down."

5 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

Their running game was terrible.  Orton carried the O to a better W-L.

The Bills defense was #2 overall in defensive DVOA in 2014. That is the one and only reason the team went 9-7. 

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Just bumping this because I'm tired of hearing about Tyrod Taylor's "record as a starter."  Almost as tired as I am hearing about how he "protects the ball."

How many 3rd and longs, yesterday, did we run the ball - effectively playing for a FG try?  A lot.  Ask yourself why.  When I ask myself why, I answer myself with, "because we don't have a QB who can pass on a passing down."

No, it's because we have a garbage coordinator. The playcalling in the second half was among the worst I've seen in my long history of watching the Bills.