SI.com: The Baffling Breakup between Tyrod Taylor and the Bills

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

We can move on, yes. He’s not a .500 QB, he is a .538 QB. Why not call it what it is? You are projecting, EXACTLY what will fit your agenda. Don’t use your BS projections, slanted towards your agenda. Use the real numbers and there is no argument. 

How many carreer .538 QB win alot in the playoffs. Or get to the playoffs?

The National media certainly has a lot to say about this topic. For some reason Bills fans should be thankful that we have a mediocre QB as if that’s all we could ever hope for. Maybe once he’s no longer a Bill these same people can start banging the table for him to start for their respective teams. Then they can enjoy all the mediocrity and one of the worst passing offenses the league has to offer. Maybe then they can understand why we are hoping for more.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, nedboy7 said:

He did make some poor plays. 

They won 16-10.

He didnt throw 5 ints. 

Non stop whining.  

Major boobie!! 

Maybe you missed it but not really whining bout Taylor at all today more of the National Media telling me i shoukd accept avg as a Bills fan

The Bills could have avoided this national narrative by drafting a QB in the 1st round this year and ripping off the Tyrod band aid. However, they likely didn’t want to use whaley FO evaluations and wanted a full year of QB scouting by their new FO before selecting their QB of the future. Tyrod is too much of the Rex era Bills that they have shed so much of... it feels awkward. 

Here is my question.

The Charger game with Peterman in there was totally out of control.

I think what a smarter, better quarterback would have done is know when to curl up in the fetal position.

There would have been less interceptions and more punts.

Do we want to spend 2018 watching the new qb curl up in the fetal position, and then we punt?

I don't think the regime could survive that.

So my question is what do we do  if we do not have Tyrod or someone as nimble as he is, which is nearly nobody. Maybe there is no QB that nimble active or coming out in the draft. What do they do when the game s are out of control? If they can't put him in, what do they do? Are we thinking they can shore up that line for sure, and also get a new qb, ready to start, in one offseason?

I guess it can be done but I am not so sure the Bills can do that.

36 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Sure it counts. Now lets talk his Passing or dont you want to do that?

You asked how many guys with a .538 win percentage get to the playoffs and win. I gave you a guy at .524 with 2 Super Bowls and now you want to move the goal posts?!? Take your L and go away.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

You asked how many guys with a .538 win percentage get to the playoffs and win. I have you a guy at .524 with 2 Super Bowls and now you want to move the goal posts?!? Take your L and go away.

And i gave you that didnt I. But I see we dont want to talk passing from that .524 QB do we you know something VERY FUNDAMENTAL at QB

3 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Here is my question.

The Charger game with Peterman in there was totally out of control.

I think what a smarter, better quarterback would have done is know when to curl up in the fetal position.

There would have been less interceptions and more punts.

Do we want to spend 2018 watching the new qb curl up in the fetal position, and then we punt?

I don't think the regime could survive that.

So my question is what do we do  if we do not have Tyrod or someone as nimble as he is, which is nearly nobody. Maybe there is no QB that nimble active or coming out in the draft. What do they do when the game s are out of control? If they can't put him in, what do they do? Are we thinking they can shore up that line for sure, and also get a new qb, ready to start, in one offseason?

I guess it can be done but I am not so sure the Bills can do that.

There are rookie QBs who step in and start and perform well in their first year. We just don’t have one of those. We have Peterman. That’s why he was a 5th rounder and guys like Watson and Wentz go in the 1st. They will be taking one in the 1st this year, I believe.

27 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

Nailed it.

The ESPN article on the same subject from a few weeks ago had a great line in there -- trying to do better than Tyrod at QB is like hitting on 17 in blackjack. Yes, you CAN do better, but you're more likely to bust.

The sensible thing to do would be to build around Taylor as you continue to draft for that jackpot QB. He's never had healthy playmakers on his side, and the handful of games when he DID have a healthy Watkins & Woods last year, his numbers were fantastic (look 'em up).

Pretty much.

We will see what happens when it comes time to decide whether to pick up Taylor's $6M option.

It's easy to say we gotta' get better and not have a realistic solution in November or December.

They did that last December when they all but closed the door on Taylor benching him prior to the finale.

But like last year, when you actually get close to free agent signing period.........and realize your draft picks won't get you the 1 or 2 very top prospects..........and see the paltry options that teams will have to help their QB positions in FA or trade options........see that some of the biggest bum QB's in the league were drafted early.......and that sure things like Andrew Luck and Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariotta have been bad........then you gotta' make a decision on whether you want to give away a solid starter or think about picking up that tiny option and fixing your defense and adding a playmaker or two.:lol:

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Sure it counts. Now lets talk his Passing or dont you want to do that?

I don't know why I'm even bothering here but... how are you not seeing this? You were just proven wrong. Again, it's so clear you're not arguing from reality, but pure stupid emotion. 

Look at it the other way, too. Besides Tom Brady, who are the best QBs in the league?

Drew Brees.

Aaron Rodgers.

Philip Rivers.

Right? 

How many SBs does Brees have? Rodgers? Rivers?

You can win a SB with a competent QB and a talented roster. Tyrod Taylor is a competent QB. We do not have a talented roster. The end.

• Like (+1) 1

What's that beneath the photo in the original post?

Tyrod "keeps us in the wildcard picture" despite we don't want him?

If we had a "good" QB on this team, we would have put KC away much earlier, and by several TDs.

We achieve most team success despite Tyrod, not because of Tyrod.

It's all a big mystery to the national media b/c the national media doesn't give a rat's ass about the Bills, or follow us closely.

They don't understand the dynamic within the team or why we are winning games.

Edited by Fadingpain