SI.com: The Baffling Breakup between Tyrod Taylor and the Bills

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

One thing you left out is that Tyrod is considered a very good leader.  When you look at someone like Rosen, yeah he's a talented passer but his teammates don't like him.  Cutler has a great arm but is not a leader.  Teams need leaders and the QB is the leader of the offense and usually the team.

100 percent correct! Good take.

2 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

One thing you left out is that Tyrod is considered a very good leader.  When you look at someone like Rosen, yeah he's a talented passer but his teammates don't like him.  Cutler has a great arm but is not a leader.  Teams need leaders and the QB is the leader of the offense and usually the team.

Fitz was a great leader too. I want a guy who leads this team to a lot wins.

This can be worked on. That converts, good chance at 7. Alot of close plays in this game that took 3-7 off board.. Remember,Pitt only put up 19 when they beat KC.

Matthews has been injured, hope timing improves.

Another underrated,clutch throw, 3rd down on the TD drive.

Another close, fixable play that could have lead to 3-7 if converted.

We'll be at home, playing a much weaker D next week, hopefully this O continues to progress and puts up 30+

On 11/27/2017 at 8:25 AM, YoloinOhio said:

This is another person that just doesn't get it.

20-18 and we're supposed to be thrilled about it, according to him? And it's Tyrod that keeps us in the wild-card picture, not the whole team doing it? 

It's not the slightest bit puzzling.

3 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Fitz was a great leader too. I want a guy who leads this team to a lot wins.

This. 

I agree Tyrod seems to be a good leader, a hard worker and a good guy. But so was Fitz. Give me a guy who can make quick correct decisions and go through a lot of reads.

The problem with Cutler isn't that his teammates don't like him, it's that too often he makes bad throws.

Edited by Thurman#1

12 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

Rams built a solid team and then drafted a franchise QB. Colts tanked for a franchise QB and never got a decent team around him. QB is the #1 priority, but I can't help but think we need to build a solid core to this team before trading away all our early picks for a possible franchise QB. I dunno, I'm probably wrong about that - I'm sure you'll all tell me I am 

The Colts didn't tank. They suffered a key injury, an injury of the single guy their entire offense - their entire team, really - was built around.

The problem was that when they drafted Luck, they didn't rebuild. That was their huge mistake. They said, "We're going to build and at the same time, we're going to win." And they kept good but aging and expensive guys like Reggie Wayne, Robert Mathis and Freeney. And because of that they were able to be good enough to make the playoffs every year but not to be nearly good enough to win a title, and yet they also had crappy draft spots. 

They middled it, trying to both win and rebuild. And it didn't work. They won but they didn't rebuild. Should've sucked for a year or two and brought in some young impact players.

9 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

And when you say fourteen you mean two?

Fourteen is an exaggeration, but so is two, just exaggerating the other way.

The argument we hear is that every QB has plays like that. And that's true. But Tyrod has more than the better ones. It's his particular problem.

9 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Yeah, he stinks. Can't make an accurate throw. What looked like an easy TD was actually a tough great play and throw. 

Great? Really? Looked nice to me, but if anything he could've thrown it a step or two earlier and made it a ton easier.

Zay looks like he's going to get open, but he was going to be open from the minute he crossed the hashes. He has three steps on his guy and nobody else is headed in the right direction to cover him. He's going to be open and Tyrod sees it early, even skips a step to wait, which IMHO he shouldn't have done.

Solid play, right on target, but great is really an exaggeration. Tyrod has some great plays sometimes. This isn't one. Though it certainly is a solid good play.

Edited by Thurman#1

3 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

This is another person that just doesn't get it.

20-18 and we're supposed to be thrilled about it, according to him? And it's Tyrod that keeps us in the wild-card picture, not the whole team doing it? 

It's not the slightest bit puzzling.

This. 

I agree Tyrod seems to be a good leader, a hard worker and a good guy. But so was Fitz. Give me a guy who can make quick correct decisions and go through a lot of reads.

The problem with Cutler isn't that his teammates don't like him, it's that too often he makes bad throws.

This is what frustrates me; "You can win with Tyrod" they say. Can you really? The only way you win with Tyrod is if everything else is perfect. Taylor has a bad day; it's the lines fault, it's the running game fault. The defense doesn't play well. The defense stopped getting turnovers. Etc etc.

You win with Taylor by the team beating the other team, Taylor does not win you a game by himself, he never has and never will. I need a QB that can do that a few times a year. Else you are just stuck spinning your wheels at .500 football.

19 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

This is what frustrates me; "You can win with Tyrod" they say. Can you really? The only way you win with Tyrod is if everything else is perfect. Taylor has a bad day; it's the lines fault, it's the running game fault. The defense doesn't play well. The defense stopped getting turnovers. Etc etc.

You win with Taylor by the team beating the other team, Taylor does not win you a game by himself, he never has and never will. I need a QB that can do that a few times a year. Else you are just stuck spinning your wheels at .500 football.

you need to stop stealing my posts 

15 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This is seriously infuriating.

I can't stand Dennison.  I'm sick of runs that are going to be stuffed for -2 or -3 yards before they happen because his play calling is so goddamn predictable.  I just went through the play-by-play and our running game produced 11 runs for no gain or negative yardage and 5 more that went for just 1 yard.

57% of our friggin runs by an RB went for 1 yard or less!!!

I don't know what the hell McDermott was thinking on that 2nd to last drive not just trying to put the game away.  You have a QB who won't turn the ball over in that situation so why the hell aren't you going for a first down rather than 3 ridiculously predictable runs?

*Conspiracy theory alert*  I actually kinda think McDermott is MUUUCH more focused on the future than the present.  I don't think he particularly cares about winning right now.  I won't say he actively wants to lose, but at the same time he seems to be doing everything on earth to try to.  I don't know if being a defensive HC makes him focused on defensive development so he's fine giving teams like the Falcons or Chiefs the ball back with an opportunity to drive down for a GWD so he can see how his defense responds.  Maybe Taylor has exceeded his expectations of what he thought he'd be.  Obviously that's not reflected in numbers like passing yards (which I know some people cling needlessly to), but when you consider how Taylor has been somehow overcoming a porous OL and atrocious running game in times he absolutely has to pass, he's been good.  I think Taylor's significantly improved some aspects of his game. 

It's going to be interesting what unfolds the rest of the season and next offseason, to say the least.

I was willing to give Dennison a chance but it's obvious that the guy is a meathead. I can't imagine him returning in 2018.

McDermott's faith in Taylor died vs. the Saints.

My prediction: We will have a new OC and a new starting QB in 2018.

I rather enjoy Bill Simmons' take on the QB move.

Basically, McDermott knew the team was sleepwalking and going to get smoked vs the Chargers, so he fed Peterson to the wolves to wake up the team and put the "no one believes in us" chip back on Tyrod and the entire team's shoulders.