SI.com: The Baffling Breakup between Tyrod Taylor and the Bills

YoloinOhio

the fact that  McD left Peterman in there after the 3rd pick shows how much faith he had in the kid,  misplaced or not,  he left him in,  in the hopes he would work through it.

that speaks volumes about how much faith they have in Tyrod.  McD being a defensive coach,  is probably relying heavily on his OC.    Clearly Dennison doesnt believe in Tyrod.

to be honest,  Tyrod hasnt given him reason too. 

mbe Dennison is bad,  imcompetent, etc etc.     or mbe Dennison knows that our veteran starter cant run his playbook,  and that hamstrings the way he calls a game.

its  the classic coach wants players that fit his system,  coach has players that dont problem.

they say good coaches can fit their system to what their players strengths are.   what are Tyrods strengths?   his feet,  yes,  what else?  honestly cant get beyond  his mobility.  QB is there to pass the ball.    we have a runningback.

Edited by bigduke6

Just now, Fadingpain said:

What's that beneath the photo in the original post?

Tyrod "keeps us in the wildcard picture" despite we don't want him?

If we had a "good" QB on this team, we would have put KC away much earlier, and by several TDs.

We achieve most team success despite Tyrod, not because of Tyrod.

If the Bills would have thrown 5 INTs in the 1st half today I bet that they would have lost.

1 minute ago, LA Grant said:

I don't know why I'm even bothering here but... how are you not seeing this? You were just proven wrong. Again, it's so clear you're not arguing from reality, but pure stupid emotion. 

Look at it the other way, too. Besides Tom Brady, who are the best QBs in the league?

Drew Brees.

Aaron Rodgers.

Philip Rivers.

Right? 

How many SBs does Brees have? Rodgers? Rivers?

You can win a SB with a competent QB and a talented roster. Tyrod Taylor is a competent QB. We do not have a talented roster. The end.

How many SB wins from the last 10 years did not have a top end passer at QB?

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It gets more wins than Eli Manning has. He will end up in the HOF.

Does it hmmm 56 passinf yards gets more wins than Eli really?

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Sure it counts. Now lets talk his Passing or dont you want to do that?

I'm sorry but you keep changing the parameters of your argument against TT.

Not enough yards.  Win % too low. Doesn't throw over the middle.  Leaves pocket too soon.  Stays in pocket too long.  Total QBR gives too much credit to running QBs.  Not throwing INT is not as important as TDs.

TT is best QB in 17 years by far.  Drafting a QB next year is fine with me but you don't move on from TT before you know the rookie is any good.  Did KC move on from Alex Smith?  No.  Don't waste picks like Whaley did.  Rebuild the lines, draft a QB that falls to you, and win now and next year with TT.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dadonkadonk said:

I'm sorry but you keep changing the parameters of your argument against TT.

Not enough yards.  Win % too low. Doesn't throw over the middle.  Leaves pocket too soon.  Stays in pocket too long.  Total QBR gives too much credit to running QBs.  Not throwing INT is not as important as TDs.

TT is best QB in 17 years by far.  Drafting a QB next year is fine with me but you don't move on from TT before you know the rookie is any good.  Did KC move on from Alex Smith?  No.  Don't waste picks like Whaley did.  Rebuild the lines, draft a QB that falls to you, and win now and next year with TT.

Yes settle i got it. Thats what the National Media says we should do Settle. 

Dont go get a QB only take on if it falls because you have TT. 

Enjoy mediocrity with that thinking

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

How many SB wins from the last 10 years did not have a top end passer at QB?

Does it hmmm 56 passinf yards gets more wins than Eli really?

Eli, Wilson, Manning.  That is 4 SB wins with average or below average QB play.  Take away Brady, and how many wins/losses do great SB QBs have?  

Maj you want Brady or Rodgers.  Those are two of the top 5 QB of all time, both of which fell in the draft.  Wait your time, draft someone to compete with TT and rebuild the lines while doing so

1 minute ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Eli, Wilson, Manning.  That is 4 SB wins with average or below average QB play.  Take away Brady, and how many wins/losses do great SB QBs have?  

Maj you want Brady or Rodgers.  Those are two of the top 5 QB of all time, both of which fell in the draft.  Wait your time, draft someone to compete with TT and rebuild the lines while doing so

Dont tell me what i want. I lnow what i want. I want a legit threat of a passing offense. Show me where that is with TT 

now realt fo look at ELi QB play those years tell me they were below AVG same with Wilson. (I might give you that)

Edited by MAJBobby

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

There are rookie QBs who step in and start and perform well in their first year. We just don’t have one of those. We have Peterman. That’s why he was a 5th rounder and guys like Watson and Wentz go in the 1st. They will be taking one in the 1st this year, I believe.

Indeed.

I am more focused on the part where the QB must be able to move very, very quickly. 

I think because I am focused on that, I noticed Tyrod doing that today quite a bit., Because he had to.

So I think my question is more specific than your reply here.

1 minute ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Indeed.

I am more focused on the part where the QB must be able to move very, very quickly. 

I think because I am focused on that, I noticed Tyrod doing that today quite a bit., Because he had to.

So I think my question is more specific than your reply here.

Yes, they absolutely need to bolster the OL in order for the rookie to have success. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Dont tell me what i want. I lnow what i want. I want a legit threat of a passing offense. Show me where that is with TT 

I want wins.  You want to win passing the football.  That works with Brady and Rodgers.  Defense, running the ball, and not turning it over wins too.  

Look at Russell Wilson.  All kinds of yards this year. Best player on the team.  No running game. No defense.  Wildcard tea at best.

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The baffling philosophy of McDermott and Dennison.

Get a lead, go into an offensive shell and then punt in hoping your defense can make stops the rest of the game. 

Called not trusting your QB. So give the Ball to your best player (Shady)

Just now, Dadonkadonk said:

I want wins.  You want to win passing the football.  That works with Brady and Rodgers.  Defense, running the ball, and not turning it over wins too.  

Look at Russell Wilson.  All kinds of yards this year. Best player on the team.  No running game. No defense.  Wildcard tea at best.

So what gets you wins?

ooo got it your an old school 1970s and a cloud of dust guy because you know Buffalo is blue collar

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Don't trust a QB who never turns the ball over? 

That theory makes little sense.

Thats how they are callinf the game. They dont trust him to close the game out. 

Do with Shady and the Defense. 

It is DJ 2.0

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Houston won a game in 2006 with -5 passing yards. 

So 1 out if how many?

Just now, DasNootz said:

I’d take Orton over Tyrod

There isn't even a Kyle Orton quality option available.

This is the biggest problem with Tyrod haters........you have NO PERSPECTIVE........and NO SOLUTIONS.

You want to draft a QB of the future?   Me too. 

So do 20-25 other teams.

You want Kirk Cousins?   Virtually no chance he'd come here short of a $200M contract and probably not even then because someone with a better OL and better weapons will offer him the same.

You want Josh Rosen?  He and Darnold are probably waiting to see if Cleveland gets the top pick before they declare so they aren't going to be too pleased if Buffalo trades up with SF to get them.:lol:

• Like (+1) 2