OVERCOOKED OVERREACTION

theRalph

21 minutes ago, dpberr said:

I literally LOL'ed that a FB in the NFL is *not* a skill player and he shouldn't be able to catch passes.

Ā 

You could be the greatest defense attorney America has ever seen. Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā You mean the FB position that has beenĀ eliminated by most teams in the league to get more "SKILLED" players on the field and spread things out?

Ā 

That's skilled to you?

Ā 

Wait a second?

Ā 

Is that you RICO?

6 minutes ago, Bills757 said:

Ā 

No need.Ā  Just taking his head out of his butt will be a great start.

Ā 

I put myself in Coaches shoes. I did it because I wanted him to start Nate Peterman at the exact time he ended up doing it.Ā 

Ā 

I would be repenting right about now. So it may have sounded sarcastic because it was meant to be funny. I was very serious.

Edited by Lfod

45 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I think it is more or less fair to put 2 INTs on Peterman, but not 5.

Ā 

I also think there is a strong chance he starts in KC, even though most fans probably can't believe that.

Ā 

I do NOT think he is ready to play and had things gone slightly differently, he could have had a really good day.

Ā 

He's not ready.

Ā 

Still glad they tried with him though. Ā That game is still a loss all day long if Tyrod had started.

Ā 

Until the D is fixed, forget winning again this season.

Ā 

Well, except 1 or maybe 2 more games.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I have not seen one fan criticize Taylor for interceptions, ever.

Ā 

No one criticizes Taylor for the balls he throws; they criticize him for the balls he does not throw.

Ā 

Ā 

You must not read all the game day threads then because I have seen Tyrod criticized for every throw he makes both good and bad.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, theRalph said:

Drought psychosis is reigning supreme. Everywhere. Except at One Bills Drive.Ā 

Ā 

Yes, it was a disaster. But shut down your emotions for a moment and consider the facts:

Ā 

1. Peterman went 3-3 before the first INT. Who among us, after the throw to Benjamin, did not shout ā€œthatā€™s the throw weā€™ve been looking for!!!ā€

Ā 

2. Pat DiMarco should have his beard plucked out whisker by whisker for playing beach volleyball with a throw right on his hands. That 1st INT wrecked the day.

Ā 

3.Ā We didnā€™t expect it, but Petermanā€™s start revealed stark weaknesses on the offensive line. On 2 of the interceptions, he had pass rushers in his grill. And it certainly wasnā€™t because he was holding out of the ball too long.

Ā 

4. So 3 of the 5 INTs werenā€™t exactly Petermanā€™s fault. The other two were his fault. Dak Prescott also had two very similar INTs 2 hours later, at home, vs. the Eagles.

Ā 

Ā For as much as fans go on and on about the drought, they really donā€™t give credence to the fact that the drought has tremendous negative energy. This may sound crazy but I believe Petermanā€™s start actually put a dent in that energy and that energy bit back.

Ā 

Ā When you arrive at this understanding, you willĀ understand that it will be much more difficult for the bills to break the drought that it will for them to go on a run in the playoffs.Ā 

Ā 

Peterman starts in Kansas City, Mark my words.

Ā 

Ā 

I can agree with most of this. You can not lay the blame for this lose on Peterman. The defense and O line played a huge roll in the lose. However, your point number 3. You may not of expected the O line to play so poorly. But I have seen in in several games before that one. A contributing factor to Taylor's performance. Just Taylor protects the ball better.

1 hour ago, aceman_16 said:

Yep...Ā  the defense is crapping the bed. However, still doesn't absolve the Bills from making adjustments to be a better team today or for tomorrow. It is like saying "why deal with my heart condition when I have skin cancer?" The team works on both the best they are able and you move on. This is NOT an either or situation.

Fair enough but that's not really what I'm referring too.

Ā 

He was talking about ending the drought and I basically said whether its Peterman or TT,Ā  or really any QB, if the Bills don't fix their defence they won't be going on any run

1 minute ago, billsfan11 said:

Fair enough but that's not really what I'm referring too.

Ā 

He was talking about ending the drought and I basically said whether its Peterman or TT,Ā  or really any QB, if the Bills don't fix their defence they won't be going on any run

I stand corrected then... sorry for my reading comprehension lol

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, theRalph said:

Ā 

Yes, it was a disaster. But shut down your emotions for a moment and consider the facts:

Ā 

1. Peterman went 3-3 before the first INT. Who among us, after the throw to Benjamin, did not shout ā€œthatā€™s the throw weā€™ve been looking for!!!ā€

Ā 

2. Pat DiMarco should have his beard plucked out whisker by whisker for playing beach volleyball with a throw right on his hands. That 1st INT wrecked the day.

Ā 

3.Ā We didnā€™t expect it, but Petermanā€™s start revealed stark weaknesses on the offensive line. On 2 of the interceptions, he had pass rushers in his grill. And it certainly wasnā€™t because he was holding out of the ball too long.

Ā 

4. So 3 of the 5 INTs werenā€™t exactly Petermanā€™s fault. The other two were his fault. Dak Prescott also had two very similar INTs 2 hours later, at home, vs. the Eagles.

Ā 

Ā For as much as fans go on and on about the drought, they really donā€™t give credence to the fact that the drought has tremendous negative energy. This may sound crazy but I believe Petermanā€™s start actually put a dent in that energy and that energy bit back.

Ā 

Ā When you arrive at this understanding, you willĀ understand that it will be much more difficult for the bills to break the drought that it will for them to go on a run in the playoffs.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

"So 3 of the 5 INTs werenā€™t exactly Petermanā€™s fault"Ā 

Ā 

Wow.

Ā 

You know. I've been one of Taylor's biggest supporters, but would never in a million years claim the Charger-strip-fumble-TD "wasn't exactly Taylor's fault".Ā  Because it was. And I'll bet theRalph didn't cut Taylor any slack about that fumble. Maybe if he just shut down his emotions and considered the facts, he wouldn't use such a laughable double standard.

Ā 

But, who knows? Perhaps he's still light-headed from all the "positive energy" of Peterman's 6-14-66-5 half.......Ā 

Edited by grb

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ridiculous.Ā 

Ā 

When the Oline was dominated vs the Panthers; vs the Bengals; and vs the Jets, it was Tyrodā€™s fault.Ā 

Ā 

Now when the Oline is dominated with Peterman in there, its really the O-lineā€™s fault.Ā 

Ā 

Yes, the o-line is bad. Peterman didnt stand a chance. Tyrod wouldve at least given us more of a chance.Ā 

1 hour ago, Bills757 said:

Ā 

1.Ā  Peterman wasn't 3-3 on his first three passes.Ā  In the first two drives, he was 2-3 to Bills receivers and 2-2 to LAC DB's (with 1 TD I might add).Ā  As for the throw to Benjamin, I'd say the touch TD pass from Taylor to McCoy was far more difficult.

Ā 

2.Ā  If you look closely, the sun was right in the receiver's face, and, the pass was definitely thrown harder than what it should've been.Ā  But yes, he should've caught it.

Ā 

3. Ya think?!Ā  So it took Peterman getting killed to figure out the Oline stunk?!Ā  I guess, when Taylor was getting blasted in the Jets game, it was somehow Taylor's fault for taking the sacks.Ā  The double standard is alive and well in Buffalo.Ā  And if you're gonna play woulda-shoulda-coulda, two of Taylor's 3 INT's this year should've been caught which would give him a total of one for the year.Ā  In fact, the one to Clay should've given him one more TD for the year.

Ā 

4. Are you really gonna go there?Ā  They weren't his fault?Ā  He threw them, bottom line.Ā  Again, the double standard is ridiculous.Ā  What's even more ridiculous is the fact McDoof is at the head of the club.Ā Ā 

Ā 

If Peterman starts in KC, McD is shortening his own leash.Ā  And if Peterman has another terrible game, he will get laughed out of a job.Ā  I can only wonder how much ridicule the Pegulas will be able to take.Ā  At this point, McD looks like a stubborn coach trying to justify what most consider a ridiculous decision by compounding it to make a point.Ā  Boy was I fooled by this guy.

I feel so bad to say... I agree with every bit of this.Ā 

Ā 

How this team must be reeling at this moment. There are so many apologists on this board for Peterman-- and I get it, my knee-jerk reaction for every QB who has stunk up the field in the last decadeĀ from Trent to Fitz to EJ to occasionallyĀ Tyrod (see there, I did it again!!!), has been to defend them-- but Peterman's play last Sunday was some of the worst NFL play I have ever seen. The interceptions do not tell the full story. He utterly crumbled.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

You are right. The drought is a huge negative energy to be overcome. There will be an almost immediate reaction to any positive force it encounters. She is B word. Who is the Chosen One to lead the way? Who can remove the sword from the stone?

2 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Ridiculous.Ā 

Ā 

When the Oline was dominated vs the Panthers; vs the Bengals; and vs the Jets, it was Tyrodā€™s fault.Ā 

Ā 

Now when the Oline is dominated with Peterman in there, its really the O-lineā€™s fault.Ā 

Ā 

Yes, the o-line is bad. Peterman didnt stand a chance. Tyrod wouldve at least given us more of a chance.Ā 

Ā 

Ā they made PetermanĀ stay in the "pocket" and be a qb.Ā :lol:

5 minutes ago, section122 said:

Ā 

Ā they made PetermanĀ stay in the "pocket" and be a qb.Ā :lol:

Ha. Thats all we needed right? I read that here somewhere. Thats what was wrong with this offense - not having that amazing 3 step drop for an INT was what we were truly missing.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ok...so let me see if I can follow.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Peterman, and his 5 INT's, of which 4 were legit on him, only DiMarco was not his fault, is now getting the OL is bad excuse to justify 4 irresponsible INT's in one half?Ā  Yet, Tyrod who has thrown just 3 INT's all year gets no break from playing behind the SAME OL thats been just as bad?Ā Ā 

Ā 

I get we are going to move on from TT, but this is the kind of stuff that drives me crazy.Ā  For one QB its a reason, for the other its an excuse...even tho the QB where its labeled an excuse managed to throw just 3 INTs the entire season, led us to 5 wins, and managed 3 TDs and no Picks against the Jets where the OL had one of the worst performances I have ever seen an OL on any team play ever.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Not to mention, his INT's were really really bad, not tight throws where the DB made a play when a QB tried to gunsling into a tight window.Ā  The most comical part is you are trying to find solice in a few throws...throws TT had made MANY times himself this year no matter how blind you want to be to that fact.Ā  And one of those throws was to KB, a guy TT really hasnt had a chance to play much with yet.Ā  And TT also made one of those very throws to KB on the first drive of the saints game just like NP did.

Ā 

Maybe just maybe that game helps appreciate more what TT has been able to accomplish behind this same line that ate Nate alive.Ā  The biased here is just absurd...and people wonder why some say that Black QB's are held to a different standard.Ā  For the record I am NOT saying your opinion has come from a race point of view, but its these types of things that add to those fires.Ā  Ā  Ā 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

Yes white.Ā  A good head on his shoulders.

Ā 

eh its all in good fun.

Ā 

Peterman regardless of race represented hope. Ā Hope that the drought was over, that the season wasn't over, that he was better than Tyrod, that we FINALLY had our answer at qb. Ā Some people aren't ready to admit how bad he was last week because of how much they wanted this to be true. Ā Seeing that ridiculously bad play doesn't compute yet. Ā They aren't ready to give up the hope that he maybe could be the guy and will excuse the piss poor play to keep the hope alive.

Ā 

I'll take Skelton for Mario level mocking if I'm wrong but Nate Peterman isn't the answer for anyone and will never have a career in the NFL. Ā Rush judgement after 30 minutes of football but that was really really bad football.

Ā 

Maybe my history of being wrong when I am so definitiveĀ will actually work out good for the Bills. Ā Please?Ā 0:)

5th round draft choices upside is a competent backup come year 3-4.Ā  Brady was a once in a lifetime and if Bledsoe wasn'tĀ  injured may never have started an NFL game.

Ā 

If he threw 5 ints that first game too he'd never have played again.

Edited by Billsfan1972

Are people forgetting the week prior?Ā  Against the Saints, Peterman moved the chains and points were scored.Ā 

He was throwing with confidence.Ā  He had a quick, high release.Ā  Perhaps that is what earned him the start.Ā 

Yes, it was in garbage time.Ā  But maybe the coachĀ thought the spark was real.

Tyrod has a tendency to hold the ball too long.Ā  I'mĀ  yelling "throw it" at the TV for just about every pass play with Tyrod.Ā 

An experiment that failed.Ā  Now the coachĀ has to figure out what to do.Ā  Admit his mistake, or double down. Which will it be?

4 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

Are people forgetting the week prior?Ā  Against the Saints, Peterman moved the chains and points were scored.Ā 

He was throwing with confidence.Ā  He had a quick, high release.Ā  Perhaps that is what earned him the start.Ā 

Yes, it was in garbage time.Ā  But maybe the coachĀ thought the spark was real.

Tyrod has a tendency to hold the ball too long.Ā  I'mĀ  yelling "throw it" at the TV for just about every pass play with Tyrod.Ā 

An experiment that failed.Ā  Now the coachĀ has to figure out what to do.Ā  Admit his mistake, or double down. Which will it be?

Please please stop it.......Ā  How about the three and out with an almost int?

5 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Please please stop it.......Ā  How about the three and out with an almost int?

I'm not saying that Peterman should start again.Ā  I was willing to go along with the experiment, and hopefully that's all it was.

I also don't think Tyrod playing the wholeĀ game would have made enough of aĀ difference for the Bills toĀ beat the Chargers.

His starting debut reminded me of Brian Brohm, and he disappeared right after that fiasco.

I'm just saying that he didn't foreshadow the meltdown in his limited experience in garbage time.

I also said in several threads that I was concerned that a hard sack wouldĀ rattle him to the point that he falls apart.Ā  That fear was real.

16 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

I'm not saying that Peterman should start again.Ā  I was willing to go along with the experiment, and hopefully that's all it was.

I also don't think Tyrod playing the wholeĀ game would have made enough of aĀ difference for the Bills toĀ beat the Chargers.

His starting debut reminded me of Brian Brohm, and he disappeared right after that fiasco.

I'm just saying that he didn't foreshadow the meltdown in his limited experience in garbage time.

I also said in several threads that I was concerned that a hard sack wouldĀ rattle him to the point that he falls apart.Ā  That fear was real.

You don't do that to a rookie 5th round pick.....Ā  Unfair to him, his teammates and the fans.

Ā 

And if McDermott doubles down in KC, it will be a carnage.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Billsfan1972

I don't ever want to see DiMarco or Tolbert ever again. If you want to look up the term "garbage time", see these 2 clowns. Peterman looked great to start and then DiMarco made a perfect set to their player. He could have a career here at Manhattan beach. Our oline should all just call it. No qb was going to succeed sunday. McD better figure out this mess real soon because this team is loaded with quitters.

4 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Sorry but he DID throw up 2 volley balls offĀ his back foot while getting hit

Ā 

4 out of 5 are really on him because he made very poor decisions byĀ Lolly popping the ball up

Ā 

it was bad there is no way to spin it

1 int ALL on DiMarco Pollo

2 int's on our embarrassing Oline

2 int's on Peterman

That's the math, watch the tape.

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I don't ever want to see DiMarco or Tolbert ever again. If you want to look up the term "garbage time", see these 2 clowns. Peterman looked great to start and then DiMarco made a perfect set to their player. He could have a career here at Manhattan beach. Our oline should all just call it. No qb was going to succeed sunday. McD better figure out this mess real soon because this team is loaded with quitters.

2 int's on Peterman

Ā 

That's notĀ how it works . Sorry

Ā 

He threw up two lollipops under duress. That was his decision and the result were INTs.

Ā 

Step up in the pocket and eat a sackĀ 

2 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

he had 66 yards in one half of football and 5 interceptions. It was historically poor please don't spin it any other way.

More then Tyrod in 3 quarters vs. NO.......Ā  And none of the ints were his fault.Ā  Quit blaming him!!!!!

Ā 

Did you see that pass to Benjamin!!!!!!

30 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

2 int's on Peterman

You have a pretty loose definition of "great."

Ā 

You can't separate the first few minutes of the game from the ensuing meltdown that followed. And, correct me if I'm wrong: No member of the O-line threw an interception. A decent QB-- even a mediocre QB-- needs to be able to handle pressure from a breakdown in pass protection, whether that is taking a sack, escaping the pocket, or throwing the ball away. It's the same O-line Taylor has been playing with.

Ā 

A professional QB also has to have the metal fortitude to rebound from an interception that wasn't his fault.Ā 

4 hours ago, theRalph said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Agree 100% with all you said.

42 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Ā 

That's notĀ how it works . Sorry

Ā 

He threw up two lollipops under duress. That was his decision and the result were INTs.

Ā 

Step up in the pocket and eat a sackĀ 

He was in the process of a throw on those hits. But hey, I wanted him to play. You probably saw it different.

Ā 

5 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Agree 100% with all you said.

He was in the process of a throw on those hits. But hey, I wanted him to play. You probably saw it different.

Ā 

Ā 

I didn't mind that he played. So I don't see it any differentĀ 

Ā 

QBs get hit all the time when throwing. Rivers did a few times. And he used his strength to complete the pass . Just throw it to the LOS incompleteĀ 

Ā 

the last thing you can do is lollipop it over the middle which Peterman did

4 hours ago, Xerx said:

Everyone keeps tossing that first INT on DiMarco...

Ā 

1. It hit his hands should catch it- this applies to SKILL PLAYERS

Ā 

2. DiMarco IS NOT a SKILL player

Ā 

3. That was a throw that needed touch, floated ahead of, not lasered at his forhead.

Ā 

4. We can blame Dennison for having DiMarco on the field, but you need to recognize who you are throwing the ball too as well.

Ā 

5. That WAS NOT ALL on DiMarco...he's not paid to catch passes (thankfully)

Ā 

If you consider that short pass a "laser" at his forehead, you're blind. Anyone playing in the freaking NFL should catch that ball. Your excuses against Peterman are worse than most of the ones covering for him.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Ā 

I didn't mind that he played. So I don't see it any differentĀ 

Ā 

QBs get hit all the time when throwing. Rivers did a few times. And he used his strength to complete the pass . Just throw it to the LOS incompleteĀ 

Ā 

the last thing you can do is lollipop it over the middle which Peterman did

If you can go back and watch it again do it. You cant change direction of your throw mid throw. He was clobbered mid throw on his blind side. The defender was nearly untouched. These are the type of hits that get the turnovers. Simple as that. That said I hope he plays again soon. The OL HAS to step up regardless of who plays.

Edited by fansince88

3 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

I am sure Tom Brady would do bad with Dennison and O-Line. With this swiss D as well

Ā 

Yes it is that horrible.

We've been hearing that same line since the Bledsoe days. People called him a statue while others blamed the O-line. Then with JP Losman and Holcomb, people threw out every All-Time great saying "even they can't do anything behind that line!" Trent Edwards got the same excuses, as did EJ Manuel. "Tom Brady couldn't lead this team to a win today with a line like that!"Ā 

Yes, our line sucks. But to say no QB's would've made a difference is also wrong. Problem is teams don't respect EITHER of our QBs' ability to throw and actually play the position. Nobody is afraid of Tyrod throwing more than a 6 yard pass at most. When he throws downfield, 90% of the time it's going to sail over the target's head, and all the rest of the times he's not even go see the open man. So what do defenses do? They stack the box and make our QBs play QB.Ā 

Then we get destroyed. They can bring constant pressure, leaving man on man coverage because there's no respect for the player behind center. Just because our line is bad doesn't mean a better QB wouldn't help alleviate some of these issues tremendously. Russell Wilson had a crap line for several years and still managed to put the team on his back. It does matter believe it or not.

3 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

If you can go back and watch it again do it. You cant change direction of your throw mid throw. He was clobbered mid throw on his blind side. The defender was nearly untouched. These are the type of hits that get the turnovers. Simple as that. That said I hope he plays again soon.

Ā 

The second INT he kept stepping backwards and just threw up a prayer... Instead of stepping up and tacking a sack

Ā 

the third was more acceptable because he got cracked but he needs to just eat it and take the sack. If you can't get it off don't throw it. If he doesn't know if he can get it off the game is too fast

5 hours ago, theRalph said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

The OP is absolutely right about "drought psychosis" reigning supreme, especially in his own mind.

Ā 

I don't doubt that Peterman likely starts on Sunday ... just like I don't doubt that the Chiefs could very well ring up 60+ on the Bills if he does.

16 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Ā 

The second INT he kept stepping backwards and just threw up a prayer... Instead of stepping up and tacking a sack

Ā 

the third was more acceptable because he got cracked but he needs to just eat it and take the sack. If you can't get it off don't throw it. If he doesn't know if he can get it off the game is too fast

Watched it again. You are right 2nd he was stepping back. But once again our OL is horrid.