Kelvin Benjamin injury ( torn meniscus, will play through and have surgery after the season)

YoloinOhio

14 hours ago, skibum said:

A clean ACL tear generally doesn't warrant crutches or a brace. There's a little swelling and occasional instability in certain situations, but walking and even running in a straight line (once the initial swelling goes down) feels pretty normal. Unless you tear a bunch of other stuff at the same time...

The positive sign here, hopefully, is that the lack of crutches/brace means he probably doesn't have a lot of collateral damage to cartilage or other ligaments. If he tore the ACL, it was probably a clean one and he'll recover 100% with the kind of rehab he will have access to. 

Here's hoping it's not that, though!

Also NFL teams will not take chances, whether he needs one or not.  They would want to immobilize it.

2 hours ago, skibum said:

I have torn both of my ACLs and have found that weight bearing is not an issue unless you also wreck your articular cartilage and/or meniscus or stretch/damage other ligaments. The ACL gives stability in certain scenarios, but when it is torn there are still 3 major ligaments holding the femur and tibia together, plus the meniscus helping keep things aligned and articular cartilage providing cushioning between the bones. It's trauma to those other elements that would require bracing or non-weight bearing after an ACL tear - but that trauma is very common because of the force required to tear a ligament. I got lucky and I hope KB did too!

Yep. Done both myself and this is all correct.

Pulling for KB!

2 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Right? The fact that it came as our rookie QB, making his debut, completed a nice play action strike up the gut for, what, 15 yards down the middle, only to have the new WR1 he displays a rapport with immediately go down, probably for the rest of the season... does it get more Billsy than that? 

It was actually a 20 yard completion not 15.  That's how.