Who starts next week: Taylor or Peterman?

SDS

Which QB starts in week 11?  

390 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB starts in week 11?

• Nate Peterman
    • Tyrod Taylor

This poll is closed to new votes

What McD SHOULD have done...is what I said to do after the Saints game.

Start Tyrod against the Chargers,, then IF he is struggling again, make a switch to NP at half time to see if he can spark the offense.  If he is worse, they have a safe and clear path to bench him and ride TT out again, at least another week while playoffs are possible.  This would avoid losing the locker room anymore than he may already have.  And if NP played well, he had a clear validation to start him next week.  

This was the ONLY way to properly handle the situation.  Again, I didn't have an issue with the switch as I trusted the Staffs opinion on NP being ready.  But it was a HUGE gamble to go into a game with a 5th round rookie when you are IN the playoffs at that point.  He further compounded the dumb approach to this by being stubborn sticking with him after the 3rd INT when the game was STILL winnable.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m legit terrified that McProcess is going to name “Peterman Can’t” the starter again vs Chefs. How in the f did we get here?! October seems so long ago....

200w.gif

I'm pretty sure they are in long term mode now....

38 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I can’t see this guy going back to Nate. That being said, I care much more about this guy going back to having an acceptable defense. We aren’t beating anyone if we can’t stop them once in a while

This is a lame excuse, but... It's hard to go all 110% on D when the QB just tosses the ball back as soon as you get the opposing offense off the field. I thought that the defense showed up to play in the first quarter, and were utterly demoralized by the fourth interception. There were exceptions IMO. Hyde played hard every snap until he banged his knee up.

But, yeah... the defense... Like, just how the hell did Keenan allen remain wide open the whole damn game???

2 hours ago, NewEraBills said:

I think the thing with Peterman is when you look at the good in his performance, it's actually really damn good.  On his completions to our WR's he was sharp; accurate; on the money; the football was out.

I look at it this way, he throws only 2 INT's if he just eats the football.  Of those two, one is ball placement, the other one is on the fullback as it hit him directly in his hands.

If we had a different offensive coordinator I'd definitely say sit Peterman down.  But Rico wants to run what he wants to run.  I'm not a fan of this style of coaching, but it is what it is.  I like guys who are flexible.  Bill O'Brien for instance, he made a guy that many predicted to take a long time to develop, namely DeShaun Watson, a star.  Rather than saying this is what I run, O'Brien brought in Clemson offense 2.0.  Watson looked beyond his years until he got hurt.  But alas that's some other teams situation and not ours.

Actually fwiw he was late and inaccurate on another sideline throw that was nearly picked as well.

3 hours ago, NewEraBills said:

I think the thing with Peterman is when you look at the good in his performance, it's actually really damn good.  On his completions to our WR's he was sharp; accurate; on the money; the football was out.

I look at it this way, he throws only 2 INT's if he just eats the football.  Of those two, one is ball placement, the other one is on the fullback as it hit him directly in his hands.

If we had a different offensive coordinator I'd definitely say sit Peterman down.  But Rico wants to run what he wants to run.  I'm not a fan of this style of coaching, but it is what it is.  I like guys who are flexible.  Bill O'Brien for instance, he made a guy that many predicted to take a long time to develop, namely DeShaun Watson, a star.  Rather than saying this is what I run, O'Brien brought in Clemson offense 2.0.  Watson looked beyond his years until he got hurt.  But alas that's some other teams situation and not ours.

I love this standard. If you just ignore the awful plays and focus only on the good plays, he was damn good.

Seriously though, I guess you're trying to say that from a scouting (not results) type perspective, he showed something. And I guess he did on a couple throws. But he also seemed to me to confirm the fears about not having a particularly strong arm. Taylor came in and showed some zip on a couple passes that Peterman never had.  Even from a pure scouting perspective (that is, assume no pass rush; did he go through his progressions and throw the ball on time and with authority?), I wasn't terribly impressed. 

McDermott is simply being hard headed. He made a stupid decision to start Peterman against the Chargers and now he’s gonna compound that stupid decision with yet another blunder by drawing out his decision to name the starter for KC.  

Hey Sean!!  You’re the laughing stock of the league right now.  Cut your losses and don’t make it worse. 

The kid obviously had a tough day but I would put him back in this week. I can't take another year of average Tyrod and we are not making the playoffs with him so there really isn't much reason to start him IMO. Plus I don't think Tyrod can win the game this week just like he couldnt win the game last week if he started. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m legit terrified that McProcess is going to name “Peterman Can’t” the starter again vs Chefs. How in the f did we get here?! October seems so long ago....

200w.gif

I agree with you; listen to McD's segment today with Schopp and Bulldog.

There is ego involved here and I just don't think he is going to let "his guy" go out in this manner.

I think he gets another shot on Sunday.

On 11/19/2017 at 7:20 PM, horned dogs said:

If he's not already ruined.

I'm of the school of thought that any QB who would be "ruined" doesn't have what it takes to play in this league.  Better to find out sooner than later.  

If they're planning to start Peterman again this week, then I'm not sure why they didn't just let him play the whole game. 

7 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Anyone want to guess when he makes the decision? The starter will get the majority of snaps in practice, so it has to be soon 

He likely already made the decision and just hasn't told the press.

7 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Cardale?

someone else did something similar 

I just can’t remember which team.  

According to some here you are 2 or 3 weeks late for that.   

I think it was Winston but he did it on purpose.

2 hours ago, 100DollarBills said:

Get ready to ***** and moan, Peterman is here to stay. Mechanically he is better than TT, he also fits this offense more than TT. TT has no future here, so just enjoy the initial suck, because it's going to happen. Get used to it. 

IF only Marrone would have stuck with Jeff Tuel he could have gotten past the initial suck and we would already have our franchise QB.

Edited by Scott7975

• SDS unpinned this topic