What's your reaction if Peterman is terrible this Sunday

Steptide

8 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I'm not anticipating him being terrible---also not anticipating him being phenomenal either.  I think he is somewhere in the middle.

I'm thinking that it was still worth making the call because we know Tyrod isn't going to be able to handle when teams drop into coverage on him and he is just going to sit there and refuse to throw into small windows and will either take sacks or dump the ball off underneath.  It's an unacceptable way to play QB in that situation...

Unfortunately yeah. And im the youth leader of the CoT. Thats my dawg. Wish em well but this scheme doesnt work for him. Minimizes what he does good and emphasizes what hes terrible at. We keep it real at the CoT. We just wanna win tho. So win Bills. Just win.

4 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Against the second pass rush unit in the NFL and passing behind a banged up O line, I expect little from Peterman.  If he flounders badly in the first half expect Taylor in the second if the game is close.

I'd bet $100 this doesn't happen minus Peterman throwing 6 interceptions in the first 2 quarters 

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Thats all part of this decision though McD won't ever say that publicly.They know what games they need to win , this being one of them. You don't switch the QB unless you think he gives you a better chance to win. McD doesn't believe Taylor can win vs this team and Lynn. He will know how to stop Taylor . I'm amazed the Lynn factor hasn't been mentioned more often. 

I think you're partly right, but I think you're overestimating it a bit. Lynn doesn't coach defense, and it's really up to John Pagano to stop the opposing offense. Lynn obviously knows Taylor, but that only goes so far. Moreover, a lot of other coaches "know" him pretty well at this point. Todd Bowles had faced him five times going into the Jets game. 

11 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I'd bet $100 this doesn't happen minus Peterman throwing 6 interceptions in the first 2 quarters 

The Bills desperately need to win this game. Don't rule anything out.

Edited by dave mcbride

2 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Counter question...... what if he comes out and lights it up with 5 TD passes and over 300 yards passing? How many will crown him after that 1 game?

I will be hugely surprised....shocked to say the least and very very happy to see something like this........but still be very cautious onwards keeping my fingers crossed we solidify a WC spot

I will say this about Peterman: the Pitt offense put up a crapload of points last year in essentially every game, and they played a lot of good competition.  

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/pittsburgh/2016-schedule.html

They beat both Penn State (Rose Bowl participant) and national champ Clemson in shootouts, and they lost by a point in a shootout against Mitch Trubisky and UNC.

Pitt's offensive output the year before was pretty impressive too. 

Why did he last until the fifth round? 

Edited by dave mcbride

I hate to say this BUT I think we see the same kind of play calling from Dennison that we have all along.

Hopefully, Peterman will connect with our receivers and that will allow some space at the LOS for Shady to get some nice runs.

Dennison will STILL BE Dennison!

Conservative and run the ball.

Also:  It is possible to Lose and not look like a loser.  I hope we see a winner in Peterman even if we lose.

22 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I will say this about Peterman: the Pitt offense put up a crapload of points last year in essentially every game, and they played a lot of good competition.  

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/pittsburgh/2016-schedule.html

They beat both Penn State (Rose Bowl participant) and national champ Clemson in shootouts, and they lost by a point in a shootout against Mitch Trubisky and UNC.

Pitt's offensive output the year before was pretty impressive too. 

Why did he last until the fifth round? 

Doesn't have classic size or elite arm strength. 

We’ve been in the playoff hunt at this point in the season the past 3 years. I’m happy for the change and look forward to seeing what Peterman can do. I expect some struggles but I don’t think he’s gonna tank out there. 

Hopefully, his accuracy, decision making and anticipation is as advertised. It’s been a long time since we had a qb we could compliment on all 3 of these attributes or any of them for that matter.  That’s what makes Peterman so intriguing to me.